ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats playbook becoming more clear by the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
1. Work like hell to eliminate Trump from future political consideration.

The very real, and very welcomed and strategic side effects of the efforts to achieve their top goal are...

1. It keeps Trump at the forefront, as the main singular focus of the Republican party. This basically ensures that the Republican tent doesn't get any bigger. Because while these efforts absolutely are galvanizing Trump supporters, they're also galvanizing his detractors.

2. Trump is one of the few candidates Biden, or Harris for that matter, could beat in 24 (projecting as of today). If they fail in their main goal of ending his political career, the flip side is they'll ensure he's the 24' candidate. And if he chooses not to run, for whatever reason, they're ensuring that "Trumpism" is melted into whoever does run. Basically the only chance Biden or Harris would have against any sort of decent non Trump candidate, is if Trumpism remains prevalent and strong enough, that the new candidate alienates enough voters to essentially lose the election. The last couple elections have been much more about who LOST the election, than who went out and won the election.

3. They are doing all this because they know they don't have a strong candidate themselves right now. And they know the mood and demographics are shifting. The trend for quite a long time now has been away from Conservatism, towards Progressivism. But it feels like we're reaching the limits a bit on how Progressive, collectively, Americans want to be. Its going to take the Democrats a while to adjust to that. Just like the "normal" Republicans are struggling right now to deal with Trump and Trumpism..."normal" Democrats are struggling to walk alongside the AOC's, and the cancel culture part of their party.

I think effectively achieving their top goal is probably what is best for our country right now. Its hard to even think about hard lines being crossed, after the 4 years we had with Trump as the POTUS. It seemed like he crossed those lines on a weekly basis. So I'm not sure Americans have all that many collective "hard lines" any more. And I certainly don't think the raid on Mar a Lago constitutes a hard line being crossed, for most Americans. Trumps followers, absolutely.

I have no clue the motives, the specifics involved, the reasons for going through with the Raid, well over a year after he left office. But I do know that it ensures that Trump is either 1) eventually eliminated from future candidacies, or 2)ensures that he's front and center in politics for quite some time. Either way, they're getting some level of what they want.

I'm a registered Independent voter. I've voted approximately 60-70 percent Republican throughout the years. And I've not seen any realistic Democratic POTUS candidates yet, that I wouldn't vote fore over Trump. And I say that admitting that I align with quite a few of the policy decisions he campaigned on, and made while in office. He's THAT bad of a human being in my eyes. Exponentially worse than Biden, who I also don't like as a politician or human.

And I think there are millions like me, and the Dems are keeping us out of the Republican tent right now.

I think I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not sure I fully agree with the intent. It could actually just be that they're uncovering more and more egregious wrongdoing by Trump and his administration and they want to hold him and his team accountable.

I do agree that a lot of what you said here is a residual effect to investigating and eventually prosecuting him.

My analysis is much shorter.

Trump tried to steal an election he lost. His conduct since the election is the most egregious of any president in US history. It continues today with his reckless and baseless suggestion that the FBI planted evidence during its search on Monday. He will tear this country down if he feels it's necessary to save his own sorry, sociopathic ass. He must be prosecuted.

I think I agree with most of what you said, but I'm not sure I fully agree with the intent. It could actually just be that they're uncovering more and more egregious wrongdoing by Trump and his administration and they want to hold him and his team accountable.

I do agree that a lot of what you said here is a residual effect to investigating and eventually prosecuting him.
I think there's enough sliminess, on both sides of the aisle, to go around in that town that there'd always be "Raids" going on if they wanted to. Trump has brought a lot of this onto himself...but if the Dems had a younger, stronger, leader like Obama maybe, in charge right now, and if the general mood of the country was favorable towards their party overall...I don't think the Jan 6 commission would have been nearly as in depth, nor as public. And I'm not sure they'd have raided Trumps house like this, more than a year after he left office. I do believe there is fire for all the smoke they're creating. I do believe Trump probably committed crimes. So they should flush all of it out.

But again, they're being very public about it for a reason.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Not exactly sure how you could execute a subpoena on Mar-a-Lago without it hitting the news and once it hits the news it is gonna go like wildfire.

i’m a longtime Democrat who is now leaning more Republican than before, pushed by the liberal extremes of the Democratic Party. But more important to me than any politics is the structural integrity of our nation which is founded on certain basic principles, none of which Trump abides by.

I get your point about dishonesty abounding on both sides of the aisle and it’s true but Trump was president, not apart of Congress. For the structural integrity of our nation Trump needs to have his head put on a pike for his wrongdoings.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Not exactly sure how you could execute a subpoena on Mar-a-Lago without it hitting the news and once it hits the news it is gonna go like wildfire.

i’m a longtime Democrat who is now leaning more Republican than before, pushed by the liberal extremes of the Democratic Party. But more important to me than any politics is the structural integrity of our nation which is founded on certain basic principles, none of which Trump abides by.

I get your point about dishonesty abounding on both sides of the aisle and it’s true but Trump was president, not apart of Congress. For the structural integrity of our nation Trump needs to have his head put on a pike for his wrongdoings.
What about Pelosi becoming a millionaire amassing 300 million while in office? So we don’t want to hear your crying about Trump, his policies never hurt you!

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

The very real, and very welcomed and strategic side effects of the efforts to achieve their top goal are...

1. It keeps Trump at the forefront, as the main singular focus of the Republican party. This basically ensures that the Republican tent doesn't get any bigger. Because while these efforts absolutely are galvanizing Trump supporters, they're also galvanizing his detractors.

2. Trump is one of the few candidates Biden, or Harris for that matter, could beat in 24 (projecting as of today). If they fail in their main goal of ending his political career, the flip side is they'll ensure he's the 24' candidate. And if he chooses not to run, for whatever reason, they're ensuring that "Trumpism" is melted into whoever does run. Basically the only chance Biden or Harris would have against any sort of decent non Trump candidate, is if Trumpism remains prevalent and strong enough, that the new candidate alienates enough voters to essentially lose the election. The last couple elections have been much more about who LOST the election, than who went out and won the election.

3. They are doing all this because they know they don't have a strong candidate themselves right now. And they know the mood and demographics are shifting. The trend for quite a long time now has been away from Conservatism, towards Progressivism. But it feels like we're reaching the limits a bit on how Progressive, collectively, Americans want to be. Its going to take the Democrats a while to adjust to that. Just like the "normal" Republicans are struggling right now to deal with Trump and Trumpism..."normal" Democrats are struggling to walk alongside the AOC's, and the cancel culture part of their party.

I think effectively achieving their top goal is probably what is best for our country right now. Its hard to even think about hard lines being crossed, after the 4 years we had with Trump as the POTUS. It seemed like he crossed those lines on a weekly basis. So I'm not sure Americans have all that many collective "hard lines" any more. And I certainly don't think the raid on Mar a Lago constitutes a hard line being crossed, for most Americans. Trumps followers, absolutely.

I have no clue the motives, the specifics involved, the reasons for going through with the Raid, well over a year after he left office. But I do know that it ensures that Trump is either 1) eventually eliminated from future candidacies, or 2)ensures that he's front and center in politics for quite some time. Either way, they're getting some level of what they want.

I'm a registered Independent voter. I've voted approximately 60-70 percent Republican throughout the years. And I've not seen any realistic Democratic POTUS candidates yet, that I wouldn't vote fore over Trump. And I say that admitting that I align with quite a few of the policy decisions he campaigned on, and made while in office. He's THAT bad of a human being in my eyes. Exponentially worse than Biden, who I also don't like as a politician or human.

And I think there are millions like me, and the Dems are keeping us out of the Republican tent right now.
Do you really dream that Trump agrees that it's the Democrats that are keeping Trump in the public eye?

Plenty of proof that Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. Democrats are blind to how their party and the main stream media are destroying this country.
There’s plenty of blame to go around. Catering to the 1% that actually give a $hit and support all the woke issues isn’t helping

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Plenty of proof that Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. Democrats are blind to how their party and the main stream media are destroying this country.
Trump Derangement Syndrome indeed. Did you hear his speech in Wilkes-Barre the other night? Guy is clearly deranged. And anyone who would sit through two hours of that has to be at least a little bit kooky.

You need to open the windows in your lab. I think you’re inhaling too many fumes.

Trump Derangement Syndrome indeed. Did you hear his speech in Wilkes-Barre the other night? Guy is clearly deranged. And anyone who would sit through two hours of that has to be at least a little bit kooky.

You need to open the windows in your lab. I think you’re inhaling too many fumes.
You listened for 2 hours?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

IUNorth, could you list the "quite a few of the policy decisions he [Trump] campaigned on, and made while in office" with which you align.

My analysis is much shorter.

Trump tried to steal an election he lost. His conduct since the election is the most egregious of any president in US history. It continues today with his reckless and baseless suggestion that the FBI planted evidence during its search on Monday. He will tear this country down if he feels it's necessary to save his own sorry, sociopathic ass. He must be prosecuted.
I see some things never change and I mean never change. You will be tying the same nonsense in a year it is like a broken record.

Dude you have some issues I have never seen anyone so obsessed over Trump and that is really saying something. Do you not have anything else in your life or is this obsession all you got? You sit here and call others kooky when you obsess over a man 24/7 365 days a year take a good hard look at yourself. Why does one person upset you so much? I think Biden is hitler 2.0 but I sure as heck do not sit around worrying about him or letting him bother me.

Remember when his 'analysis' was that the Steele Dossier was real proof of Russian Collusion? lmao
Link?

Tell us again, danc, how the judiciary (and the Supreme Court in particular) makes laws. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT