ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich wrong on latest rumor/ Here it is.

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
I heard at the Bowl game that the Athletic Dept staff are trying to get donors to buy into supporting Scott Dolson for AD instead of Pat Kraft. They obviously don't want any changes. Dolson was a former Knight manager and they want to announce it before PU game and get Knight to come to PU game and name the court Bob Knight Court. So the Athletic Dept is trying to use Knight to get this passed now.

I've met Dolson and his lovely wife Heidi on several occasions. Dolson has never really left a favorable impression. Honestly...he came off to me as a bit of a people-pleasing dolt. His wife, however, seemed to be pretty sharp.

I've met Dolson and his lovely wife Heidi on several occasions. Dolson has never really left a favorable impression. Honestly...he came off to me as a bit of a people-pleasing dolt. His wife, however, seemed to be pretty sharp.

Anything in a 2 piece?

Reactions: mike41703
I heard at the Bowl game that the Athletic Dept staff are trying to get donors to buy into supporting Scott Dolson for AD instead of Pat Kraft. They obviously don't want any changes. Dolson was a former Knight manager and they want to announce it before PU game and get Knight to come to PU game and name the court Bob Knight Court. So the Athletic Dept is trying to use Knight to get this passed now.
Why not Chris Reynolds??

I think Dakich said he’d be at the game Saturday, so that’s his rumor. We’ll see if he’s correct. As for Dolson, he might get the job, but the AD employees aren’t campaigning for him with donors and, even if they were, it wouldn’t carry any weight by doing it that way. And the court renaming thing isn’t happening.

Last edited:
Somehow, I don't think these players care one iota about playing well in front of RMK
The players might say who is RMK? The current players don't see him in any of the statues of great players and teams from IU's past in Assembly Hall.

Somehow, I don't think these players care one iota about playing well in front of RMK
Sad, but probably very true. It would amp up the crowd and maybe the team but short lasting im sure. I wish this would've happened sooner when they were honoring the 76 team. I heard that its up to his wife whether this happens.

The players might say who is RMK? The current players don't see him in any of the statues of great players and teams from IU's past in Assembly Hall.

And maybe that's part of the problem. In another thread someone said that (a whole bunch of) IU fans don't even know who Coach Knight is. I get it. If someone is 35 years old they probably don;t recall much about coach Knight. That also means that to them the pinnacle of IU basketball is the Wat shot, the run with JJ and co, and the Zeller years. The older fans recall dancing at Showalter fountain.

You realize they wanted to put him in the statue honoring the 76 team, but HE told them no, right?

It's been his choice to have no part of the program despite everyone involved in firing him being long gone. I'm only a couple years older than the 35 year olds you mention, but you realize current students are ~18-23? Most 35 year olds I know who care about basketball very much know who he is. Either way, he has been invited MANY times since he retired. I'll believe he is coming when I see it happen, but the way the man holds grudges, only his senility would bring him in. It's time for some people to move on.

And maybe that's part of the problem. In another thread someone said that (a whole bunch of) IU fans don't even know who Coach Knight is. I get it. If someone is 35 years old they probably don;t recall much about coach Knight. That also means that to them the pinnacle of IU basketball is the Wat shot, the run with JJ and co, and the Zeller years. The older fans recall dancing at Showalter fountain.

Reactions: travlinhoosier

This is why no one listens to Dakich any more.

The story I have been hearing for some time is that BK will be at the ohio game Sat. That was quite the story at the bowl game festivities.

As for Scott, he is a great guy...always responds, but has been carrying water and not making decisions...he isn't ready IMO.

It's been his choice to have no part of the program despite everyone involved in firing him being long gone. I'm only a couple years older than the 35 year olds you mention, but you realize current students are ~18-23? Most 35 year olds I know who care about basketball very much know who he is. Either way, he has been invited MANY times since he retired. I'll believe he is coming when I see it happen, but the way the man holds grudges, only his senility would bring him in. It's time for some people to move on.

uhh, you missed my point. Forget coach Knight for a second. Someone that is 30 years old has no appreciation for what IU basketball was. Someone that is 18-23 has never seen good basketball from IU. That’s a problem for our program. No wonder the “we’re back” tee shirts were so popular. We have fans that have Wat shot memorabilia hanging on their walls. Think Duke fans, or UNC fans, etc would memorialize a shot that didn’t mean anything?

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT