ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban

if there's anything democrats (politicians) believe in it's that for every problem there needs to be a new federal "program" to solve it

the extra bureaucracy solves nothing and often things get worse

and the added bloat never goes away
And part of the reluctance is shitty gov and reps. You take an innovator who has created wealth it’s untoward to think of giving it to the pride of Chadon state who has created nothing and a bar flunky progressive. Or a developer who has bankrupted multiple businesses and been convicted of fraud

I thought the thread was about him thinking billionaires should pay more tax. Maybe I misread.

Nope that was just the dumb OP that took it next level. All Cuban said is he was fine paying the taxes he owed. He paid something like $300m this year, probably from selling big share of the Mavericks.

Reactions: hoosierdug
For sure. How many does Bezos’ employ. Pride of plantation high.

Tho it sounds like Cuban does pay what he’s required without complaint. He’s not working the system. If he wanted to pay more. If he doesn’t think that’s enough nothing is preventing him

MM66, the rich such as a Cuban, Soros, or Buffett may feel they can help more people by investing or donating money in a way they see as beneficial rather than the way government spends our taxes.

Soros. and others use foundations to determine where their public donations go. Deciding and funding causes takes a staff and a great deal of time which a Soros or Buffett simply doesn't have. They have of a lotta money but no more time than the rest of us.

In your neighborhood I m sure your tan tank top lines and semi-symmetrical face is considered handsome.
You're going to like this story sobester. In my neighborhood, I'm basically a piece of prime meat. My new neighbors moved in about 3 years ago. A lovely lesbian couple. One of them wasn't very friendly and I always assumed she viewed me as a threat.

Anyhooo fast forward to today and the not so friendly one moved out and was replaced with a dude. My working assumption is my hotness and toxic masculinity was too much for the nice neighbor to resist and she had to go back to dudes. I shouldn't have mowed with my shirt off 🤷‍♂️

You're going to like this story sobester. In my neighborhood, I'm basically a piece of prime meat. My new neighbors moved in about 3 years ago. A lovely lesbian couple. One of them wasn't very friendly and I always assumed she viewed me as a threat.

Anyhooo fast forward to today and the not so friendly one moved out and was replaced with a dude. My working assumption is my hotness and toxic masculinity was too much for the nice neighbor to resist and she had to go back to dudes. I shouldn't have mowed with my shirt off 🤷‍♂️

Sounds like you’re probably right.

MM66, the rich such as a Cuban, Soros, or Buffett may feel they can help more people by investing or donating money in a way they see as beneficial rather than the way government spends our taxes.

Soros. and others use foundations to determine where their public donations go. Deciding and funding causes takes a staff and a great deal of time which a Soros or Buffett simply doesn't have. They have of a lotta money but no more time than the rest of us.
We’re dragging cuban a little here when he is by all accounts upstanding and paying what the gov deems a fair share.

Yes I don’t believe in giving the pride of Chadon state a bar flunky and a convict anymore than necessary. I’d like to shrink gov.

As for others perhaps a more important discussion is the influence of the fabulously wealthy. I don’t want Soros being able to financially impact a city 2,000 miles from where he resides

We’re dragging cuban a little here when he is by all accounts upstanding and paying what the gov deems a fair share.

Yes I don’t believe in giving the pride of Chadon state a bar flunky and a convict anymore than necessary. I’d like to shrink gov.

As for others perhaps a more important discussion is the influence of the fabulously wealthy. I don’t want Soros being able to financially impact a city 2,000 miles from where he resides

MM66, the Soros Foundation funding candidates running for local prosecutors brings up one of my pet peeves.

Local television ads funded by political action committees outside the community.

You sure is wasn’t the blaring Limp Bizkit from the garage?

You sure is wasn’t the blaring Limp Bizkit from the garage?
Now there's a visual.

Snarl channeling his inner Fred

Linkin Park Fan GIF

I haven't thought about them forever, I think they were at the first X-Fest I went to. I'm going to jam out to some of their songs tonight.
Have you watched the 99' Woodstock documentary on Netflix? I think it was a couple episodes worth. Fascinating. And still hilarious that Sheryl Crow, Jewel, etc were at the same venue as Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc and the event organizers sensed no incongruency with that.

PS i think that is the first time I've ever used the word "incongruency"

if there's anything democrats (politicians) believe in it's that for every problem there needs to be a new federal "program" to solve it

the extra bureaucracy solves nothing and often things get worse

and the added bloat never goes away
I’d like to shrink gov.

There are over 200 countries in the world. Only 25 or so have a federalist system of government. Because it's really ****ing hard to separate authority between two competing interests. I think the US (and probably Australia) do it best. But Australia has far fewer citizens and states.

It's not, I think, a stretch to say federalism in the US has changed dramatically over the past 240 years. What was once a weak federal government changed dramatically with the creation of a National Bank (which the SC at the time said was A-ok) and later with the concept of federal law as supreme in the land. Obviously the Civil War and aftermath even fruther strengthened the feds b/c, well, we can't have states seceding anymore and slavery had to be abolished.

Unwinding that clock is nearly impossible now. Many states in this country rely on the fedearl government to stay solvent and to provide the bulk of funding for their own citizens. SS, Medicare/caid, veteran's benefits, the DOD. All of these creations are federally funded (for the most part) by taxes levied on ALL Americans. How do we undwind that and go back to the early 1800's? I don't think we can and I think any opportunity to do so is long past.

So, yeah. do we go back to state militias to organize and fend off Russia/China/NK/Iran and support our international geopolitical allies worldwide? That's laughable. Do we allow the states to have their own competing SS and Medicare programs (by the way, the red states would crater).

I mean, as a liberal I think we should shit or get off the pot. Hanging in the middle of the high wire isn't the best idea.

I bet in 100 years we'll have moved to some kind of regional government. It will be like 3-4 countries loosely arranged. Maybe that's best.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
He’s full of shit too. His pharmacy he created could have easily been set up as a 501c3 instead of for profit
They’re all full of shit. UncleMark’s post is a PERFECT example of his character & that of many progressives. ‘I know what the right thing to do is, I have the means to do so right now, I’m going to whine & cry about others not doing it, but I’m not going to do it myself.’

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
Sure, I could send them a few bucks, but it won't make a difference until the millions like me are required to do the same.

Key word being require.
Bad ideas require threatening and intimidating others for support.
Good ideas do not.

That is how a primitive society behaves, rather than an ethical civil society.

Last edited:
I knew more than you by the time I was old enough to stroke it. And who are you again?
Sure you did, pal. I left this $hithole a long time ago because of morAns like you. Just came back to take a dump so you’d have more company that’s on your level. Not that there’s any shortage of that both here and in this state.
And to more fully answer your question, I’m the guy that’s been on this site going back to its origin. The days when you had to swear allegiance to RMK. I’ll leave you to get back at it, little Billy McSquier.

Sure you did, pal. I left this $hithole a long time ago because of morAns like you. Just came back to take a dump so you’d have more company that’s on your level. Not that there’s any shortage of that both here and in this state.
And to more fully answer your question, I’m the guy that’s been on this site going back to its origin. The days when you had to swear allegiance to RMK. I’ll leave you to get back at it, little Billy McSquier.
Cool. I don’t remember you

Reactions: hoosierdug
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT