ADVERTISEMENT

Cuban

sobester

Junior
Mar 21, 2012
I don’t know any billionaires but I know a few multi-multi millionaires and this is how they feel. They don’t believe they are required to pay enough taxes. Meanwhile the ultra-rich republicans around here are always ending up
In some gray-area-threatened-with-federal-indictment scam.

Reactions: T.M.P. and Morrison
I don’t know any billionaires but I know a few multi-multi millionaires and this is how they feel. They don’t believe they are required to pay enough taxes. Meanwhile the ultra-rich republicans around here are always ending up

I don’t think billionaire democrats are any more pious than their Republican brethren

Has he been taking advantage of the tax code to lower his tax burden? Has he ever just stroked an extra check to the treasury? They'll accept overpayment every time.

Lead by example. Be a trend setter among billionaires on both sides.

You realize he can write an extra billion to the treasury any time he wishes.

Also why doesn’t he build apartments for homeless people all over the country. Have a kitchen staff at each facility to feed them and aides to help them get employed?

While were on it why don’t Soros and all the other millionaires and billionaires that love the Democrat party join with the project.

How bout they come up with their own food stamp program and help feed poor families all over the country?

They just fcking talk.

Also why doesn’t he build apartments for homeless people all over the country. Have a kitchen staff at each facility to feed them and aides to help them get employed?

While were on it why don’t Soros and all the other millionaires and billionaires that love the Democrat party join with the project.

How bout they come up with their own food stamp program and help feed poor families all over the country?

They just fcking talk.

Reactions: Morrison
While complaining that his secretary pays more taxes than he does. Write a check to the treasury. Leave your fortune to the fed gov if you think more tax revenue will solve the problem.

Why write it to the treasury (although they kind of do) when you can give it to carities/causes you believe in?

Fine do more. He has billions. Do more. Help the poor and homeless. Cuban could get Soros and his other Democrat buddies together and do much more than they are doing.

Giving the government more money to waste isn’t going to fix anything.

Fine do more. He has billions. Do more. Help the poor and homeless. Cuban could get Soros and his other Democrat buddies together and do much more than they are doing.

Giving the government more money to waste isn’t going to fix anything.

Just an example.

Why write it to the treasury (although they kind of do) when you can give it to carities/causes you believe in?
If he thinks charities are the answer, why is he on record saying he should pay more taxes? Wouldn't he be on record saying charity is the answer? If charity isn't the answer, but rather tax revenue, why is he leaving it all to charity?

Reactions: All4You
If he thinks charities are the answer, why is he on record saying he should pay more taxes? Wouldn't he be on record saying charity is the answer? If charity isn't the answer, but rather tax revenue, why is he leaving it all to charity?

I think hes more talking about the Trumps and Kochs of the world that cheat on taxes and don’t give anything back. You can’t make them give to charities but you can make them pay taxes.

Just an example.
I get it. I get irritated with guys like Cuban whining about not paying enough taxes when they could be doing a hell of a lot more on their own.

Think what would happen if the 100 richest Americans formed a 501(c)(3) to help only the homeless and poor. Each contribute 5-10% of their annual income to the charity. They could do much more than giving Kamala another 5-10% of their income.

I get it. I get irritated with guys like Cuban whining about not paying enough taxes when they could be doing a hell of a lot more on their own.

Think what would happen if the 100 richest Americans formed a 501(c)(3) to help only the homeless and poor. Each contribute 5-10% of their annual income to the charity. They could do much more than giving Kamala another 5-10% of their income.

I don’t disagree with that. They could all afford to do a lot more.

Reactions: stollcpa
Actually, yours is stupider. The point isn't they want to pay more. The point is they think all rich people should pay more as a matter of policy. Voluntarily paying more doesn't cut it.
Nonsense. You’re talking about 750 people. They don’t need gov to order them. If they believe they should be taxed higher stroke a check to the treasury. They’re availing themselves of deductions etc. They don’t have to.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Nonsense. You’re talking about 750 people. They don’t need gov to order them. If they believe they should be taxed higher stroke a check to the treasury. They’re availing themselves of deductions etc. They don’t have to.

Unsurprisingly, you completely miss the point. He’s saying the ultra rich should all be taxed more. Not that they just tax him more.

Unsurprisingly, you completely miss the point. He’s saying the ultra rich should all be taxed more. Not that they just tax him more.
Lmao you’re saying what you want to hear yourself. The point multiple posters are trying to get into your thick skull is that nothing is stopping them from stroking a check. It’s hundreds of people. A small group

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Not all of them believe. Some of them believe they all should. Volunteering doesn't cover that.

The argument you guys are making is akin to "Well if you think we need less murder, just don't murder anyone, and let the rest of us make our own decisions."

Lmao you’re saying what you want to hear yourself. The point multiple posters are trying to get into your thick skull is that nothing is stopping them from stroking a check. It’s hundreds of people. A small group

And multiple posters calling that stupid are right. He can’t make the ulra rich all pay more taxes dummy.

Not all of them believe. Some of them believe they all should. Volunteering doesn't cover that.

The argument you guys are making is akin to "Well if you think we need less murder, just don't murder anyone, and let the rest of us make our own decisions."
I think in principle I agree with you but in this case it is such a small number of people it’s a bit different

what's probably stopping them is that giving even more money to a bunch of out of touch bureaucrats is going to result in them having to watch it all get pissed away

And multiple posters calling that stupid are right. He can’t make the ulra rich all pay more taxes dummy.
Totally understood k-y. But for those with the nerve to say that nothing is stopping them.

They can say whatever they want obviously. That’s like if a coach said there shouldn’t be a 3 point line then people saying “ok, only give your team 2 points for those shots.”

They just fcking talk.
I link to the Treasury’s voluntary contributions feature here every year at tax time. I’ll bet that no one here has ever used it to make a contribution. That includes those that bitch that the rich doesn’t pay their “fair share.”

I link to the Treasury’s voluntary contributions feature here every year at tax time. I’ll bet that no one here has ever used it to make a contribution. That includes those that bitch that the rich doesn’t pay their “fair share.”

Yeah, that's the response every year when I claim that my fair share should be more than zero. Sure, I could send them a few bucks, but it won't make a difference until the millions like me are required to do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT