ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana FB Commits With Recent Offers:

I would naturally assume that our recruiting will obviously take off with a strong first year under Cignetti. As I said the other day, Cignetti's offense is going to attract talent.

The showcase we saw on Saturday is very appealing to skill position players.

I would naturally assume that our recruiting will obviously take off with a strong first year under Cignetti. As I said the other day, Cignetti's offense is going to attract talent.

The showcase we saw on Saturday is very appealing to skill position players.
Right, & ultimately, the strength of this Indiana team may be with the defense.

Saw one of our commits from TN was at PU recruiting wknd for the ND game. A LB, I think. Hopefully still in good position with him.
Kyler Garcia - DT
He had them at the top of his list along with IU and Wisconsin. Although verballed to IU, he’s pretty much undecided and will likely shop around. Regardless of how the season plays out.

Mobile, would love it if IU could tap into the hs talent pool of the Mobile area at places like Shaw, UMS, St Paul’s etc. Having produced talents like Nick Fairley, AJ McCarron, Mark Barron and Chris Samuels just to name a few. While those kind of guys will obviously stay in state, Bama and Auburn can’t get them all either. There are plenty of under the radar guys from your talent-rich area that would be great additions at IU.

Mobile, would love it if IU could tap into the hs talent pool of the Mobile area at places like Shaw, UMS, St Paul’s etc. Having produced talents like Nick Fairley, AJ McCarron, Mark Barron and Chris Samuels just to name a few. While those kind of guys will obviously stay in state, Bama and Auburn can’t get them all either. There are plenty of under the radar guys from your talent-rich area that would be great additions at IU.
There certainly seem to be pool areas. Florida and Texas are considered big areas. I think we haved pulled 3 stars from there. Be nice to now pull some 4 and 5 stars.
To do that, my opinion, we need more than a 3-0 start. With being guilty of looking ahead, I can see us beating Charlotte and NW. That makes a Maryland win the only thing standing between us and a 6-0 start.

This whole commit and then still visit other schools is pretty silly. IU recruits committed players too.

I don't care much, but it would be nice when players become university employees next year (true professionals), when a player agrees to terms with school, they can sign a contract anytime and that's the "commitment".

Last edited:
This whole commit and then still visit other schools is pretty silly. IU recruits committed players too.

I don't care much, but it would be nice when players become university employees next year (true professionals), when a player agrees to terms with school, they can sign a contract anytime and that's the "commitment".
Hmm, that's a good idea. I would think 'NIL anytime' is fine. It's their name and image. Would seem like language could be written in disallowing competing products.

Thx for the local recognition:
Trust me, kids here would love to play in the B1G too. Coaches have to come and visit first.
Bring $$. The SEC does and that's not a knock.
Parents and children want a quality education and a future like everywhere else.
I'm confident every coach in the B1G would be welcome in living rooms here.
FYI - AJ coaches Cal Ripken ball for fun. Talent everywhere and they get to meet their hero's at the baseball field.
My son's friend (spend the night friend) went to Tennessee as a receiver. Class of 21. McGill Toolin Catholic.
I asked him if Indiana ever contacted. He said nothing more than mail. No personal contact.
Thats what I got for ya. Go Hoosiers!

Did somebody already post that Tennessee is going to allocate a 10% ticket 'surcharge' to NIL?

If everything is legal now... Gives a leg up to the larger stadiums with the best crowds.
Under the current rules, I don’t see how a university revenue-earning event can redirect any of those funds to NIL.
NIL is arranged around donations apart from the university’s direct involvement. The collective takes in the funds and then pays the individual. The money cannot land first with the university or a direct employee and then be funneled into NIL
If so, a school could get very creative with ways to “launder” the money. Like paying a coach $30 million a year with a clause that he has to give up $25 million (and keep $5 mill) to the NIL collective.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Under the current rules, I don’t see how a university revenue-earning event can redirect any of those funds to NIL.
NIL is arranged around donations apart from the university’s direct involvement. The collective takes in the funds and then pays the individual. The money cannot land first with the university or a direct employee and then be funneled into NIL
If so, a school could get very creative with ways to “launder” the money. Like paying a coach $30 million a year with a clause that he has to give up $25 million (and keep $5 mill) to the NIL collective.
Then how is Tennessee going to skirt it? Reported all over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT