ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana FB Commits With Recent Offers:

I would naturally assume that our recruiting will obviously take off with a strong first year under Cignetti. As I said the other day, Cignetti's offense is going to attract talent.

The showcase we saw on Saturday is very appealing to skill position players.

I would naturally assume that our recruiting will obviously take off with a strong first year under Cignetti. As I said the other day, Cignetti's offense is going to attract talent.

The showcase we saw on Saturday is very appealing to skill position players.
Right, & ultimately, the strength of this Indiana team may be with the defense.

Saw one of our commits from TN was at PU recruiting wknd for the ND game. A LB, I think. Hopefully still in good position with him.
Kyler Garcia - DT
He had them at the top of his list along with IU and Wisconsin. Although verballed to IU, he’s pretty much undecided and will likely shop around. Regardless of how the season plays out.

Mobile, would love it if IU could tap into the hs talent pool of the Mobile area at places like Shaw, UMS, St Paul’s etc. Having produced talents like Nick Fairley, AJ McCarron, Mark Barron and Chris Samuels just to name a few. While those kind of guys will obviously stay in state, Bama and Auburn can’t get them all either. There are plenty of under the radar guys from your talent-rich area that would be great additions at IU.

Reactions: red hornet
Mobile, would love it if IU could tap into the hs talent pool of the Mobile area at places like Shaw, UMS, St Paul’s etc. Having produced talents like Nick Fairley, AJ McCarron, Mark Barron and Chris Samuels just to name a few. While those kind of guys will obviously stay in state, Bama and Auburn can’t get them all either. There are plenty of under the radar guys from your talent-rich area that would be great additions at IU.
There certainly seem to be pool areas. Florida and Texas are considered big areas. I think we haved pulled 3 stars from there. Be nice to now pull some 4 and 5 stars.
To do that, my opinion, we need more than a 3-0 start. With being guilty of looking ahead, I can see us beating Charlotte and NW. That makes a Maryland win the only thing standing between us and a 6-0 start.

Reactions: red hornet
This whole commit and then still visit other schools is pretty silly. IU recruits committed players too.

I don't care much, but it would be nice when players become university employees next year (true professionals), when a player agrees to terms with school, they can sign a contract anytime and that's the "commitment".

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT