ADVERTISEMENT

chick fil a

that is, one well run organization, they can afford to alienate the gays, the Lucy's and other groups, counted 28 vehicles in front of me when I got in line, had my sandwich in 7 minutes, never encountered or seen any employees with face tattoos or meth mouth. in contrast the burger king next door had 3 people in their line the last car was still there as I was leaving.
And it was their pleasure to serve you. When I say thank you (I've only eaten there three or four times) they say, "It was our pleasure".

I was thinking about this a couple days ago....

My kids basically only want to go to CFA. And obviously everyone else does too as it's always crazy busy.

But when did the popularity really explode?

I can recall having it at the mall food court like 25 years ago in high school....I think there may have been one at IU as well, can't remember exactly. But the food is basically unchanged since then, but now people are crazy about it. I don't ever recall it being a big deal a couple decades ago.

I do agree with everything already said. It's the best operated quick serve restaurant in the country by a mile.
The Mall in Bloomington had one. A buddy and I ate there before an IU game. It was my first time.

One of the guys I fished with last week is a member of a gas station soft drink club. For $10/month, you can get a refill every four hours.

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

It shits on KFC and Popeyes is only available in the ghetto in most cities.

I also like Bojangles and Zaxby's, but neither touches CFA's consistency and service.
We enjoy Culvers a lot. When they had fried chicken I ordered white meat and they gave me a wing and a thigh. So I told them I didn't get the breast. They got one for me and I got to keep the thigh. I was happy happy happy!.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
I was thinking about this a couple days ago....

My kids basically only want to go to CFA. And obviously everyone else does too as it's always crazy busy.

But when did the popularity really explode?

I can recall having it at the mall food court like 25 years ago in high school....I think there may have been one at IU as well, can't remember exactly. But the food is basically unchanged since then, but now people are crazy about it. I don't ever recall it being a big deal a couple decades ago.

I do agree with everything already said. It's the best operated quick serve restaurant in the country by a mile.
I swear they embraced social media somehow. And they leaned into nuggets/tenders. Smart.

It shits on KFC and Popeyes is only available in the ghetto in most cities.

I also like Bojangles and Zaxby's, but neither touches CFA's consistency and service.
Jaggers if you can find it. Good cheap chicken sandwich.
Zaxby's isn't bad but I haven't been in one that wasn't filthy.

CFAs fries are also the flat out worst in fast food.

The IU Library Chick-Fil-A basically just had soggy original chicken sandwiches/waffle fries sitting under a heat lamp for hours.

No comparison to an actual physical restaurant location.

I mean, does anything made by hungover college kids ever live up to par?

Reactions: DANC
I swear they embraced social media somehow. And they leaned into nuggets/tenders. Smart.

Jaggers if you can find it. Good cheap chicken sandwich.
Zaxby's isn't bad but I haven't been in one that wasn't filthy.

CFAs fries are also the flat out worst in fast food.
So it’s not just these nasty Georgia Zaxbys. They’re so putrid I refuse to eat there

Reactions: DANC and larsIU
I've never stooped to trying a beat box yet.

I did have a Cutwater canned cocktail sometime gave me at a party a couple weeks ago. Think it was margarita of some type and was actually pretty decent.

But they are like 13% abv so could see that getting out of hand quickly. Probably meant to be poured over ice, rather than slammed like a beer like an animal
I was introduced to them by a buddy at a golf outing this summer. He somehow bought the one below. Basically jungle juice. On the back 9 I popped a 6 zyn and didn’t get out of the cart the last 3 holes. Another dude didn’t make it out of the cart for the last 10 holes. It was a fun day.

I used to get long greasy slivers when I first started working and was brutally hung over. The chicken planks or whatever they were. Couldn't do the fish. Haven't been in one for probably 15 years
Only way I can eat LJS is if I pick the breading off first. That breading is pure poison. I eat that crap and I can’t venture more than 20 feet from a bathroom for a full day.
Egg McMuffin is 350 calories and is actually a healthy choice for breakfast.

Now the steak, egg, and cheese bagel is awesome, but the bagel alone is 300 calories.
Egg McMuffin is a solid sandwich. I prefer the sausage egg McMuffin but both are good.
And Grandy's...we always stop there.

Grandy's was a Dallas staple back in the 80's and 90's, but had been dying out of late.

Was shocked driving through Loogootee back in 2018 to see a Grandy's. Then another in Jasper. Then a couple down near Evansville/Henderson.

There had to have been some Texas transplant to S Indiana back in the 80's that started all these Grandy's...because they're only in N Texas and Oklahoma.

I think since 2018 most of the S Indiana/Henderson Grandy's have shut down. Only two left. Sucks.
Back when I was young dumb and full of…….I used to love Grandys fried chicken. That stuff was good.

Only way I can eat LJS is if I pick the breading off first. That breading is pure poison. I eat that crap and I can’t venture more than 20 feet from a bathroom for a full day.

Egg McMuffin is a solid sandwich. I prefer the sausage egg McMuffin but both are good.

Back when I was young dumb and full of…….I used to love Grandys fried chicken. That stuff was good.
I know LJS is poison, but get this - at IU, I had an apt not far from Bloomington South. I would drive from campus just to stop at LJS by the mall because because it was cheap and I did like it and it was filling (2 pc fish special, if I recall).

I did this almost every day for about half a semester and I noticed my clothes were getting loose. Weighed myself and I had lost about 10 pounds (from about 180 to 170).

I have no idea why, because there's a lot of breading on those things, plus the fries and hush puppies had to have a lot of carbs.

It was sort of my guilty pleasure after that, but eventually the grease started grossing me out.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
It's a Butterburger you asshole!
Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa.

Mea culpa. Mea maximus culpa.

I got to admit I had never even heard of Culver’s as we don’t have it out here. Everyone on this board swears by it, so it must be good. We have Habit Burger in Cali that I like better than In and Out or Five guys. Culver’s looks like they got most of the country covered except the Coasts. Hope they open some locations out here.

Reactions: DANC
Almost. You need to spray a bit of pickle brine on them. Thats the key to chic fil a. That’s a good trick for dry chicken. Put them in pickle juice for 20 min. Then fry.
I don't like pickles but the KFC chicken sandwiches I like come with them. I pick off the pickles but the juice is just enough to give the sandwich a good little tang.

Reactions: Lucy01
I got to admit I had never even heard of Culver’s as we don’t have it out here. Everyone on this board swears by it, so it must be good. We have Habit Burger in Cali that I like better than In and Out or Five guys. Culver’s looks like they got most of the country covered except the Coasts. Hope they open some locations out here.

Culver's definitely better than Five Guys, which I've never liked all that much

I have to agree their burgers are really good. Fries very average. Frozen custard is very solid. They also run a very clean operation, similar to CFA.

They're solid. The food is consistent and good and the places are clean. Plus they have frozen custard and shakes and sundaes, etc.

They even have a version of a breaded tenderloin, which is not authentic, but it passes for those of us living outside Indiana.

By the way, I'm in SoCal right now - Carlsbad - for the game Saturday. The weather is perfect.

Culver's definitely better than Five Guys, which I've never liked all that much

I have to agree their burgers are really good. Fries very average. Frozen custard is very solid. They also run a very clean operation, similar to CFA.
Five Guys is the only fast food joint that pisses me off with their prices. I feel like I’ve paid for at least Longhorn when I look at my receipt

I just ordered my BLACK no frills dark roast grande after a killer 75 minute workout at the local gym Total Body Fitness. I feel like such a badass man now
black coffee and and total body fitness. This doesn’t feel like a doctor’s life. What’s goin on here? What kind of doc are you doc?

*you shouldn’t even be in a fast food thread

It's fine dining in Burlington

You and Bloom need to get out of Carmel more. ;)
🖕
One of my FiL's long time friends swears by Habit Burger. We got them a gift card to a local Chinese place his wife loves for letting us borrow his truck to take a bunch of stuff to St Vincent Depaul. She was super happy and he told us next time just go with a card from Habit.

Must be a helluva Burger, cause the Chinese place is legit.

Reactions: Morrison
black coffee and and total body fitness. This doesn’t feel like a doctor’s life. What’s goin on here? What kind of doc are you doc?

*you shouldn’t even be in a fast food thread
And now I’m watching football. Occasionally I have to act like a man so I can enjoy an amaretto sour and a musical without feeling too feminine

that is, one well run organization, they can afford to alienate the gays, the Lucy's and other groups, counted 28 vehicles in front of me when I got in line, had my sandwich in 7 minutes, never encountered or seen any employees with face tattoos or meth mouth. in contrast the burger king next door had 3 people in their line the last car was still there as I was leaving.

Rocky Mountain Oysters (fried bull or veal testicles).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT