ADVERTISEMENT

chick fil a

so many things to say but sometimes silence is best
Most people would be alarmed when there is an extra breast.

diy-three-boob-woman-costume.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh. That is nutritional analysis excrement. Basing unhealthiness based off (in part) saturated fat content is asinine. Fats are about 40th down on the list of what makes a burger unhealthy. Fats aren't really unhealthy at all.
Now you’re a medical/nutritional expert?

Can't believe I'm defending farva, but the saturated fat monster that the feds created turned out to be mostly BS.

Anyone blindly following their food advice needs to wake up. Salmon can't be marketed as healthy due to the fat content, but honey nut cheerios with a metric buttload of sugar gets to claim it's healthy on the box.

Okay old man. Don’t listen to me. Eat all the sugar and carbs your aging heart desires and avoid fats at all costs.

Hope it works out for you.
I'm messing with you. I've gotten into and stayed in fighting shape by largely doing low carbs, and I don't care about fat. I'll eat bacon and eggs almost every day if we have them. Of course, my wife knows this and tries not to have it all the time. She and my daughter are not on board with my dietary habits so much.

Kurt is spot on. It’s clean, organized etc. I was exhausted the other day and said F it I’m going to get my minion a happy meal. Lot smelled like a dispensary. Pulled around the drive thru corner and two workers were smoking resting their arms on the trash cans. I got out of the line and drove off
It isn't their fault you are a bad parent. Feeding your kid McDonlads? WTF

• Haha
Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
that is, one well run organization, they can afford to alienate the gays, the Lucy's and other groups, counted 28 vehicles in front of me when I got in line, had my sandwich in 7 minutes, never encountered or seen any employees with face tattoos or meth mouth. in contrast the burger king next door had 3 people in their line the last car was still there as I was leaving.
I'm not a Chick-Fil-A guy myself, but there probably isn't a better run fast food company in America. They do it by making it attractive to work there. If you're stuck serving the same food to fat, rude slobs all day long, why wouldn't you want to at least work for a boss who gives you Sundays off and has long had rules that your managers have to treat you with respect?

An interesting study in psychology. Chick Fil A uses the same supplier as everyone else. Tyson.

Yet people will be adamant that not only is the service and dining experience better, but the chicken is better too.
It's actually more complicated than that. Tyson would like you to believe all their chicken is awesome, but the truth is, they own an uncountable number of brands and producers, and different chains usually make deals specifically with those subsidiaries, rather than with Tyson itself. And yes, there can very much be a quality difference between them. Tyson doesn't really make chicken; they cash checks.

I'm not a Chick-Fil-A guy myself, but there probably isn't a better run fast food company in America. They do it by making it attractive to work there. If you're stuck serving the same food to fat, rude slobs all day long, why wouldn't you want to at least work for a boss who gives you Sundays off and has long had rules that your managers have to treat you with respect?
And that is by your side

No, that would be Burger King.

Also, how the hell is long John silvers still in business? Who eats that slop?
I still remember my last trip into a BK. It was years ago. I heard someone drop their tongs in the back. Then I saw this big fat, sweaty chunk of a man waddle up to the deep fryer, and rinse a pair of tongs around in the oil.

Won't ever go back. F that company.

No, that would be Burger King.

Also, how the hell is long John silvers still in business? Who eats that slop?
I don't eat LJS very often because my wife hates it but it is good. Fries, hush puppies, fried fish and chicken. Then they put those crumblies in. As I am older now I would make sure I don't have much to do the next day and eat it for lunch instead of supper so it doesn't affect my sleep.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Culver's is a giant liar. They call it a "butter burger" because they butter the bun. Everybody butters the bun. A real butter burger you put a slab of butter on the patty while you cook it.
Used to love the fried chicken there. Now I get a breaded tenderloin when we visit Indiana. Here in PA we don't have any Culvers.

• Sad
Reactions: ChicagoFineForNow
Agree. I don't get all the Chick-fil-A love. The drive-thru line goes fast, but it tastes like every other mediocre chicken shack joint out there. Meh.

Popeyes is better, but typically not convenient.

Culvers is also a well run operation in my experiences with them. Best chocolate shake in the fast food category too.
Agree on Culvers.

McDonald's might be the worst fast food in the country. Downright shit.
True story...

Stopped at a McDonalds with a buddy of mine Lunch break from work... He orders a shake...Of course, ya know---"Ice craem machine is down. My dude is pissed.

Me----"Watch this..."

Grab my tool bad, walk in, and tell them Im here to fix ice cream machine...They all looked at one another like---"SOB....." 😂 😂

Oh, I go to a local joint around The Fort who has better ones. If we are in Indiana for a two week stint then I usually end up getting four total breaded tenderloins.
Pete’s Duck Inn in Albany (just north of Muncie) has the best tenderloins in the state. And of course I always grab one at Nicks when I’m in B-town

Reactions: VanPastorMan
Oh, I go to a local joint around The Fort who has better ones. If we are in Indiana for a two week stint then I usually end up getting four total breaded tenderloins.

You remember the name of the place?

It seems like all the tenderloins I find around here just aren't very good.

Can't believe I'm defending farva, but the saturated fat monster that the feds created turned out to be mostly BS.

Anyone blindly following their food advice needs to wake up. Salmon can't be marketed as healthy due to the fat content, but honey nut cheerios with a metric buttload of sugar gets to claim it's healthy on the box.
BIG CEREAL needs to be struck down like cigarettes. Fight me.

****ing liars.

• Love
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Remember when we were kids and they had some truth in advertising?

Super SUGAR Crisp

SUGAR Frosted Flakes
Cereal is crazy, the amount of foritification they do with viamins and shit is....kinda good. But they leaned into "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" a bit too much.

When i was younger my dad bought Cheerios and Corn Flakes (and store brand at that. Probably in a ****ing bag). We just dumped sugar on it.

I mean it. Big Sugar should be brought in front of Congress and be forced to answer for themselves and for what they've done to the health of the country. Same with the fast food industry. Just like Big Tobacco.

Cereal is crazy, the amount of foritification they do with viamins and shit is....kinda good. But they leaned into "a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down" a bit too much.

When i was younger my dad bought Cheerios and Corn Flakes (and store brand at that. Probably in a ****ing bag). We just dumped sugar on it.

I mean it. Big Sugar should be brought in front of Congress and be forced to answer for themselves and for what they've done to the health of the country. Same with the fast food industry. Just like Big Tobacco.

Nothing was better then a bowl of Raisin Bran after pouring some sugar on top.

I still do the Raisin Bran, just without the sugar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT