ADVERTISEMENT

chick fil a

I used to get long greasy slivers when I first started working and was brutally hung over. The chicken planks or whatever they were. Couldn't do the fish. Haven't been in one for probably 15 years

I think I did the fried cod or whatever once and it was so soggy and gross. I moved to the shrimp which were tolerable. I haven't been to one since college, so same boat.

The only times I've stopped is for the play area on a road trip or if the kids are demanding happy meals. They like it better than most :(
My son used to love McDonalds. We watched Super Size Me and he became vehement about avoiding them all together. To this day still refuses to get a $1 coke in the drive thru.

@WhyisIUBBcursed well doc I enjoy a grande iced shaken espresso with an add shot. Lately I’ve also been adding a pump of vanilla to the classic. Bitch
Speedway Coffee will change your life.

Girl Coffee GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

One of the guys I fished with last week is a member of a gas station soft drink club. For $10/month, you can get a refill every four hours. The dude must have drank four diet cokes every morning at breakfast and then took four or five on the boat. How he still has a digestive tract is beyond my comprehension.

Agree. I don't get all the Chick-fil-A love. The drive-thru line goes fast, but it tastes like every other mediocre chicken shack joint out there. Meh.

Popeyes is better, but typically not convenient.

Culvers is also a well run operation in my experiences with them. Best chocolate shake in the fast food category too.
A Culver's Double Cheeseburger Deluxe is about as close to heaven on earth as you can get.

Combine it with McDonald's fries and the Lord can come and take me.

It shits on KFC and Popeyes is only available in the ghetto in most cities.

I also like Bojangles and Zaxby's, but neither touches CFA's consistency and service.
The Bojangles close to us has robot ordering. So far, every order has been right, but I usually only get the bacon egg and cheese biscuit, which puts all others to shame.

But their chicken sucks.

Zaxby's is just a CFA wannabe.

Speedway Coffee will change your life.

Girl Coffee GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals's Miracle Network Hospitals

One of the guys I fished with last week is a member of a gas station soft drink club. For $10/month, you can get a refill every four hours. The dude must have drank four diet cokes every morning at breakfast and then took four or five on the boat. How he still has a digestive tract is beyond my comprehension.
@snarlcakes coordinate with hooky to get that guy to Auburn. Thank you.

No, it has an egg on it. Typically a real egg but sometimes they’ll try to sneak that crap from a carton on it.

Or they used to. I used to stop somewhat regularly for a sandwich on my way to work. Before Covid when they were actually open early.

I’m not sure if they still do that.
Egg McMuffin is 350 calories and is actually a healthy choice for breakfast.

Now the steak, egg, and cheese bagel is awesome, but the bagel alone is 300 calories.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
If go through Evansville and Henderson Ky it is a trip down memory lane….GD ritzys, taco John’s and a long John silvers. Oh and a Steak ‘n Shake still open. Guess what? I don’t go to any of them.
There's still a GD Ritzy's? Man, I used to love that place in Castleton.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Not sure. I just drink beat boxes and pretend I'm a good parent for making dinner.

I've never stooped to trying a beat box yet.

I did have a Cutwater canned cocktail sometime gave me at a party a couple weeks ago. Think it was margarita of some type and was actually pretty decent.

But they are like 13% abv so could see that getting out of hand quickly. Probably meant to be poured over ice, rather than slammed like a beer like an animal

My son used to love McDonalds. We watched Super Size Me and he became vehement about avoiding them all together. To this day still refuses to get a $1 coke in the drive thru.
Indiana doesn't know how good they have it. Last time I was up there I got a McDonald's large soft drink for $1.29

They are over $2 in Charlotte.

So I was right....IU did have one... It was in the main library.

And they kicked them out like a decade ago, because there is nothing the administrators at IU cannot fk up.
The IU Library Chick-Fil-A basically just had soggy original chicken sandwiches/waffle fries sitting under a heat lamp for hours.

No comparison to an actual physical restaurant location.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
If go through Evansville and Henderson Ky it is a trip down memory lane….GD ritzys, taco John’s and a long John silvers. Oh and a Steak ‘n Shake still open. Guess what? I don’t go to any of them.
And Grandy's...we always stop there.

Grandy's was a Dallas staple back in the 80's and 90's, but had been dying out of late.

Was shocked driving through Loogootee back in 2018 to see a Grandy's. Then another in Jasper. Then a couple down near Evansville/Henderson.

There had to have been some Texas transplant to S Indiana back in the 80's that started all these Grandy's...because they're only in N Texas and Oklahoma.

I think since 2018 most of the S Indiana/Henderson Grandy's have shut down. Only two left. Sucks.

I'm about to disclose the second best advice in life. Buy an air fryer, Just Bare chicken nuggets, and grown in Idado hand cut fries. It's just as good as Chick-fil-a.
Almost. You need to spray a bit of pickle brine on them. Thats the key to chic fil a. That’s a good trick for dry chicken. Put them in pickle juice for 20 min. Then fry.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Can’t give this enough likes. On every front. Only fast food I’ll eat for all the reasons you note
We like Culver’s too. Another quality organization run by wholesome Republican Christians. I’m seeing a pattern developing here. Only had one bad experience at a Culver’s. Where was it? You guessed it, St Louis. After a long flight from San Diego, hungry enough to eat a booger sandwich, & we waited for 25 minutes to get cold food brought out. Fvckin’ St Louis, McMurtry.😞

We like Culver’s too. Another quality organization run by wholesome Republican Christians. I’m seeing a pattern developing here. Only had one bad experience at a Culver’s. Where was it? You guessed it, St Louis. After a long flight from San Diego, hungry enough to eat a booger sandwich, & we waited for 25 minutes to get cold food brought out. Fvckin’ St Louis, McMurtry.😞
I’ve had terrible service and food in St. Louis too. Don’t get me started on the pizza.

What social issues?

There are several very socially liberal Christian denominations. The Episcopalians advertise their LGBTQ acceptance prominently, including clergy
Just based on biblical scripture.

Once you’ve modified…do you really have biblical Christianity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT