ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

FB-IMG-1609974077529.jpg

FB-IMG-1609974059542.jpg

Take advantage of a crisis. ✔
Also, of only someone had posted a Business Insider article from a couple days ago quoting the leader of the Proud Boys that they were going to dress like Antifa today. https://www.businessinsider.com/pro..._ovSKV5rFHHEjKtFIH53gFYzNlpUMSltp_OPLPSbnZkJc

Reactions: Bill4411

Why change now? You've been vomiting lies for months. You're problem is outright stupidity and dishonesty rather than gullibility.
KMA, purdouche. If you are call me a liar you need to back it up. You have a link?

MilqueMurtry is an extreme conservative. He puts on a facade here of being reasonable but betrays that with his persistent false equivalences about how Ds are just as bad as Trump. He’s actually a mini-COH. Bad-faith poster. He’ll gradually devolve to his real self over time. People here will see.
I know. He actually liked the post in which I called him an asshole. Obviously, he appreciates my perception.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Also, of only someone had posted a Business Insider article from a couple days ago quoting the leader of the Proud Boys that they were going to dress like Antifa today. https://www.businessinsider.com/pro..._ovSKV5rFHHEjKtFIH53gFYzNlpUMSltp_OPLPSbnZkJc
I guess I missed that. I saw reports that busloads of antifa types were unloading today in DC. Who knows who is who. The violence today is vertainly out of character for a righty protest, but we are living in strange times.

MilqueMurtry is an extreme conservative. He puts on a facade here of being reasonable but betrays that with his persistent false equivalences about how Ds are just as bad as Trump. He’s actually a mini-COH. Bad-faith poster. He’ll gradually devolve to his real self over time. People here will see.

This isn't remotely accurate

Reactions: Crayfish57
I'm having a hard time mustering up much sympathy for these poor misunderstood souls.
I’m not advocating sympathy. I’m advocating analysis to try to move forward as a country.

Much of the BLM protests looked a lot like this and in addition to condemning we need to try to understand positions.

Well those people are probably hopeless. Are you hopeless in that race will be the only lens or the first lens through which you view events?

Did you forward reports about a “black woman” being shot?

She’s white. She’s likely one of the protesting dirtbags.
I’ve seen pictures of police taking selfies with protestors who broke inside, I’ve seen them holding a woman’s hand and helping her down the steps, I saw them step aside as a group was running in. Do you really think this group would have been treated the same way had it been a BLM group? I’ll just say an awful lot of people of color on social media do not feel that way.

I’m not advocating sympathy. I’m advocating analysis to try to move forward as a country.

Much of the BLM protests looked a lot like this and in addition to condemning we need to try to understand positions.

You are on the wrong board to try persuade posters to understand positions other than the one the jersey they wear. I am convinced most are simply incapable.

I’ve seen pictures of police taking selfies with protestors who broke inside, I’ve seen them holding a woman’s hand and helping her down the steps, I saw them step aside as a group was running in. Do you really think this group would have been treated the same way had it been a BLM group? I’ll just say an awful lot of people of color on social media do not feel that way.

People of color got away with a lot of shit all summer in part because they were...people of color.

Let's try just a shred of objectivity.

The idiots today were treated just about the same. Tear gas and flashbangs.

Now, if they did it again tomorrow? I suspect the response would be quite a bit different than today or all summer with your heros. And it should be.

Reactions: jet812
Reports that both House and Senate will reconvene and finish the job tonight. CNN reporting that the Senate objectors are in strategy meetings about whether to continue the clown show or give it up in light of today's events.

Reactions: UncleMark
It is applicable to note that at one moment the Democrats are worse or another moment the Republicans are worse. Right now, at this moment, the party that is bowing to Trump is worse.

I will try this, maybe you are the news anchor who feels that to be fair you will interview a flat-earther after interviewing an astronaut. That is not fairness, it is elevating a crackpot to the level of an astronaut.
I guess you are the idiot that confuses facts with opinions...

The analysis can come in due time. For now, order needs to be restored and the Electoral Vote count must resume. These anarchists can't be allowed to disrupt the transfer of power in any fashion. Nancy and Mitch and Pence need to call the Congress back into session tonight, yes, even among the damage and disorder, and finish their Constitutionally required duties.

You are on the wrong board to try persuade posters to understand positions other than the one the jersey they wear. I am convinced most are simply incapable.
Ah. There's the word "jersey" again.

That's shorthand for "I'm so progressively cool I don't use 'bubble' any more."

Hey Courtsense, please tell us again whether IU should have fired Bob Knight. We need your insight, and Ducati and Gojko seem to be unavailable.

Reactions: Bill4411
I was wondering why it was so relatively easy for these terrorists to get into the Capitol and start destroying property. This photo of a cop taking a selfie with the terrorists starts to paint the picture of how/why this happened.

136468670_10223897103476284_5982172244865948789_n.jpg
He should have automatically beat that fool down! Obviously he had murder on his mind wanting to take that selfie!

This issue is much more complicated than that, Mark. These are lost souls, lost by means of not understanding how to parse readily accessible information critically (parenting and education failure), being treated as second-class citizens for the last four years and being told they’re all racists and bigots for supporting Trump, having a pandemic mismanaged by nearly every politician at state and federal level that affected them greatly, having one side control nearly all of the media, etc.

Adults make choices, and these actions are decidedly horrific choices, but to look at this simplistically is to not learn from it.
[/QUO
Which side controls most of the media? I’m assuming you mean liberal, but I’m not sure how anyone can claim that with a straight face these days. Fox dominates the news shows, and now there is both Oan and Newsmax, because Fox has gotten too conservative. There’s also conservative Sinclair, which controls many of the local new stations. Not to mention radio airwaves, that are dominated by Rush Limbaugh and his ilk. Hard to make a case that liberals control the media IMO.

no chance in your mind that the cop was doing that because it gets a potential criminal’s face in a photo?

Are you of the mind that when the US Marshals catch felons using phony sweepstakes that they’re actually giving awards and taking it easy on them?

Chill out man. Let the situation develop. Siding with a gun jumping Jemele Hill or Keith Olbermann is typically not something that ages well.
I get that it was Jemele Hill that posted that photo and you don't like her, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. As far as I can tell, she didn't doctor the photo. And maybe you know something I don't, but I don't think taking selfies is SOP for law enforcement in that type of situation.

Why start thinking critically now, Zeke, am I right?

On the positive side, this could easily have evolved to a gun battle and it did not (except for one shooting).
I'll be anxious to hear what the Capitol police plan was for the day. It seemed to be to not resist the crowd and protect and evacuate the members. Then clear the building. Clearly, though, there are lines that cannot be crossed. No one was entering the chambers while there were members inside.

My biggest concern was there would be guns brought in during the initial chaos. That could have happened pretty easily, it appeared.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT