ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

Such a peaceful protest, goaded into it by Trump’s lies and incendiary speech. Hope he’s happy.

MAGA domestic terrorism needs to be met with appropriate force. I don't understand the lack of preparedness. Tear gas, fire hoses, paddywagons...

Reactions: zeke4ahs
MAGA domestic terrorism needs to be met with appropriate force. I don't understand the lack of preparedness.

I presume they don't want to kill/badly hurt someone and escalate it so idiots are really converging on DC, but clearly they didn't fence these folks in properly.

Anyway 1) the House/Senate can convene somewhere else and 2) We get President Pelosi in the worst case scenario where these nuts occupy the building.

MAGA domestic terrorism needs to be met with appropriate force. I don't understand the lack of preparedness. Tear gas, fire hoses, paddywagons...
Evidently the mayor of DC asked for the national guard but no one seems to know why they are not there.

So, obviously these intruders didn't go through security, so they could just be carrying anything in a backpack, etc right? Why are they being allowed to just wander about the capital building?

So, obviously these intruders didn't go through security, so they could just be carrying anything in a backpack, etc right? Why are they being allowed to just wander about the capital building?
Lmao even they looked shocked to be inside. Looking around, taking pics, like they’re on a tour. It’s a nice totem of how inept our gov has become

Reactions: larsIU
Capital police have advised congresspeople to lock down and shelter in place in their offices. Pence and Grassley taken to secure location.

They are Trump supporters, so the majority are just packing beef jerky and Mail Pouch chewing tobacco, but a few might have some more substantial cargo.

Last edited:
Some idiot Republicans thought they could keep control of the paranoid right and use them as their base. These people are not normal, they should have known better. To quote Churchill, “They have sown the wind, they shall reap the whirlwind.”
Same thinking that made the GOP establishment think they could control Trump and use him to their advantage.

Crazy.. They should have been stepped on HARD right up front as the numbers aren't that big. Can't afford to have DC become the right wing version of Portland, Seattle, LA, SF etc.

Where the hell is the National Guard? Were they requested?

Fox News is sounding like MSNBC right now about how bad this is turning out.

Ted Cruz is supposedly so smart, he is just a smug power-hungry megalomaniac. So he is like Trump, but if he were smart he should not have been surprised by this.

I'm glad President Trump is tweeting this, but he needs to tell his supporters on video to knock it off as well.

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
Can police test out new tear gas products?

Maybe it is time for another photo op at the church?

During the BLM protests, what was the right's opinion on protests? I forget.

ADVERTISEMENT