ADVERTISEMENT

Capitol in lockdown

Agreed the vast majority were nonviolent - but many (hundreds) were violent and that violent was aimed at police and property.

Race is a major problem in our country based on a dark history. Significant monumental progress has been rightfully made, but I feel we’re regressing because of the endless narratives being pushed by the media and “woke” race baiters. I don’t know if you see all that from abroad but it’s endless here. And it severely hinders progress.

By the year 2000, the color of someone's skin and what's between their legs seemed to have been pushed on to the back burner of American political discourse for the better.

Obama’s 2008 unity campaign offered even more hope of a post racial America. His 2012 intersectional coalition campaign put this country on the destructive path we’ve seen the last decade.

The conversation of race has now been brought once again to the forefront of American political discourse. Democrats will say it’s a long overdue reckoning. They are wrong.

In its current disingenuous form it only serves to further divide and cripple the country.

Agreed the vast majority were nonviolent - but many (hundreds) were violent and that violent was aimed at police and property.

Race is a major problem in our country based on a dark history. Significant monumental progress has been rightfully made, but I feel we’re regressing because of the endless narratives being pushed by the media and “woke” race baiters. I don’t know if you see all that from abroad but it’s endless here. And it severely hinders progress.
I think by and large you are spot on. But then I hear things to the contrary at the micro level.

I work for a Fortune 50 company and the last 9 months we have had a ton of meetings, focus groups, and training on diversity and inclusion.

Last month they had a panel of minority Executives speak about their daily life as non-white and/or as homosexual. The stories they shared were absolutely gut wrenching and hard to comprehend in 2020/2021.
And these are all people that are highly educated and compensated.

Long winded I know, but while I think we have made progress, the last 4 years have caused us to lose ground. Also, as someone living in a small midwestern town and the stories my kids share with me of the racist language they hear daily (no doubt coming from their parents) make me think we have a ways to go.

While I like our town, I second guess myself raising our kids here. Thankfully they see racism for the BS it is.

I live in the US and the media and “woke” race baiters have definitely made me more racist. I’m Proud to say I’m on the verge of buying my lifetime membership to the KKK. Just need one more race baiter to push me over the edge...

I live in the US and the media and “woke” race baiters have definitely made me more racist. I’m Proud to say I’m on the verge of buying my lifetime membership to the KKK. Just need one more race baiter to push me over the edge...
Your sarcasm will be lost on some. VBG

Holy crap! You are relentless at race baiting. You're more sensitive to racism than any person I know, including my black friends and co-workers. Yes, I have them too. :rolleyes:
Playoff level troll.

Your sarcasm will be lost on some. VBG
Ranger’s argument is akin to saying “woke” murder baiters are causing people to murder more. If these woke jerks would just stop haranguing murderers about murdering they’d stop murdering. Makes me wonder why Ranger has such thin skin on the topic.

I think by and large you are spot on. But then I hear things to the contrary at the micro level.

I work for a Fortune 50 company and the last 9 months we have had a ton of meetings, focus groups, and training on diversity and inclusion.

Last month they had a panel of minority Executives speak about their daily life as non-white and/or as homosexual. The stories they shared were absolutely gut wrenching and hard to comprehend in 2020/2021.
And these are all people that are highly educated and compensated.

Long winded I know, but while I think we have made progress, the last 4 years have caused us to lose ground. Also, as someone living in a small midwestern town and the stories my kids share with me of the racist language they hear daily (no doubt coming from their parents) make me think we have a ways to go.

While I like our town, I second guess myself raising our kids here. Thankfully they see racism for the BS it is.
These behaviors from the stories you hear are exactly what needs to be addressed and eliminated. We don’t need to dilute those conversations by trying to turn all cops into racists and alienate law enforcement as a critical institution.

These behaviors from the stories you hear are exactly what needs to be addressed and eliminated. We don’t need to dilute those conversations by trying to turn all cops into racists and alienate law enforcement as a critical institution.
100 percent agree. Somewhere along the way everything became binary, when in reality few things are.

You’re the main one doing what you say shouldn’t be done. BLM doesn’t do that. Nor does the media. Eyeroll

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Ranger’s argument is akin to saying “woke” murder baiters are causing people to murder more. If these woke jerks would just stop haranguing murderers about murdering they’d stop murdering. Makes me wonder why Ranger has such thin skin on the topic.
And there you have it, an insinuation that Ranger is a racist.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Sorry Cortez but all I see is s f*****g bird.
For some reason I can't see tweets when they are linked on this site

Sorry man it’s a tweet from Tim Alberta. Here’s the text:

The stuff I've heard in the last 72 hours—from members of Congress, law enforcement friends, gun shop owners, MAGA devotees—is absolutely chilling. We need to brace for a wave of violence in this country. Not just over the next couple of weeks, but over the next couple of years.

Sorry man it’s a tweet from Tim Alberta. Here’s the text:

The stuff I've heard in the last 72 hours—from members of Congress, law enforcement friends, gun shop owners, MAGA devotees—is absolutely chilling. We need to brace for a wave of violence in this country. Not just over the next couple of weeks, but over the next couple of years.
I think this is spot on

I think this is spot on

Joe Biden’s presidency will be one of the most challenging in American history. There are millions that will do terrible things to see him, and our country, fail. Worse, there will be many elected officials who allow and excuse it.

Joe Biden’s presidency will be one of the most challenging in American history. There are millions that will do terrible things to see him, and our country, fail. Worse, there will be many elected officials who allow and excuse it.

Counter point. Biden is coming in on the downside of one of the worst years in recent American History.

As the vaccine continues to be released and things go back to relative normal, people will be much happier on a day to day. Biden will claim undue credit like any president would, and his tenure will be a relative breeze.

As much as the Democrats on this board are hoping that some Trump supporters will blow up a federal building or start a civil war or something, it’s just not going to happen. Sorry to rain on your parade.

Wednesday was the death rattle.

Last edited:
Counter point. Biden is coming in on the downside of one of the worst years in recent American History.

As the vaccine continues to be released and things go back to relative normal, people will be much happier on a day to day. Biden will claim undue credit like any president would, and his tenure will be a relative breeze.

As much as the Democrats on this board are hoping that some Trump supporters will blow up a federal building or start a civil war or something, it’s just not going to happen. Sorry to rain on your parade.
Who the hell is hoping for a bombing or violence?

I'm not sure I agree with your second sentence as the reason.
IMO Ranger nailed it earlier in this thread.
I'm too lazy to go all the way back thru to find the post

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world right? We’d get to stick it to those dang Republicans about just how crazy their party has become.
I've voted republican at both the state and national level. Personally I want a stable, principled, conservative; republican party. As of today the party isn't any of those things I listed and the idea that you think anyone wants some form violence to prove a point says more about you than anyone else.

I've voted republican at both the state and national level. Personally I want a stable, principled, conservative; republican party. As of today the party isn't any of those things I listed and the idea that you think anyone wants some form violence to prove a point says more about you than anyone else.

How do we interpret Democrats forecast of imminent future violence from Trump supporters? If not wishful thinking, then at least hysterics.

How do we interpret Democrats forecast of imminent future violence from Trump supporters? If not wishful thinking, then at least hysterics.

Just like it was hysterics when we said 6 months ago Trump would try to remain in power if he lost? Like it was hysterics when we said his supporters would get violent? We hope we’re wrong but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t prepare for exactly what Trump supporters say they will do. We watched what happened when the Capitol police chose to ignore the warnings.

I don’t know if you’re saying we want violence because you’re embarrassed about your side’s behavior and you’re lashing out or if you really believe it, either way it’s out of line.

It's not wishful thinking when the FBI had intelligence prior to this past weeks events and the chatter for the innauguration isn't any better.

I ignored that creature a long time ago. He’s one of the ones that should’ve been banned.
You cold-cocked me out of nowhere a number of times before I ever had the first thought to snark back. Popeye eats spinach to thicken his skin.

100 percent agree. Somewhere along the way everything became binary, when in reality few things are.

This is where I see manipulation from the powers to be. In sales when you initially meet a client, you often offer three choices.
But if you want to force him to make a decision, you only highlight two choices. Binary.
This is where we so often are given binary choices, forced and in my view intentionally.

Blue versus Red. As opposed to seeing things in the nuanced 'grey'. It's much easier to get people onto 'sides' this way.

I have lived in a few countries and a few continents now, and as a result, truth be told, I am more a devil's advocate since I don't see things in binary. Nor have multiple 'firm' views. Only a handful.

Politics should not be like sports. It needs to be elevated to another level where its grey and requires deeper introspection rather than just sides.

Life, as we know, is primarily shades of grey. And not binary.

This is where I see manipulation from the powers to be. In sales when you initially meet a client, you often offer three choices.
But if you want to force him to make a decision, you only highlight two choices. Binary.
This is where we so often are given binary choices, forced and in my view intentionally.

Blue versus Red. As opposed to seeing things in the nuanced 'grey'. It's much easier to get people onto 'sides' this way.

I have lived in a few countries and a few continents now, and as a result, truth be told, I am more a devil's advocate since I don't see things in binary. Nor have multiple 'firm' views. Only a handful.

Politics should not be like sports. It needs to be elevated to another level where its grey and requires deeper introspection rather than just sides.

Life, as we know, is primarily shades of grey. And not binary.
I guarantee the news you’re seeing abroad on anything US is very binary and not grey. You’re right of course, but that’s likely not what you’re seeing.

Reactions: jet812
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT