ADVERTISEMENT

Biden news conference thread -- 6:30 pm

Show us where Project 25 ends no-fault divorce.
I've read about a third of the document so far. I haven't yet seen anything about no-fault divorce. My reference to it is in response to other posters who keep using it as a talking point.

Whether it's mentioned or not in the manifesto I'm confident it will survive. Lol.

What!? Trump has done more to limit the power and authority of the executive department than any recent president. Biden has substantially increased it. The liberals whine about Chevron being overruled because they like all that executive power.
Let's chat again after you've actually read some of the document.

It's the blueprint for "Trump - The Sequel." Sorry if that triggers you. Maybe you should put me on ignore.
The thing is that “Trump - The Sequel” isn’t as scary as you’d like it to be.

In large part due to the fact that he was already President for four years and things were fine. So if you’d like to scaremonger, best stick to fear of the unknown.

Didn't your parents teach you about "guilt by association" in the context of instructions to avoid some trouble-making/asshole kid in the neighborhood?

Are you on vacation this week? Between jobs? You're posting at a breakneck pace!

You have an odd penchant for tracking and commenting on people's posting frequency and then jobs, while publicly proclaiming how busy you are. It's a subtle form of personal attack that everyone recognizes. Maybe you don't recognize it though? You only do it with people you hold a grudge against. It's unseemly, but also hypocritical since you complain when others go personal with you. I think you did it in this very thread?

But since you asked, I own my own firm, so no, not between jobs. I just finished a PWC to the SCt, so am less busy and have no deadlines to meet, so am just generally researching other stuff and working on developing a podcast. Mechanically, as I read and research, I have two monitors on (thinking of adding a third). One has my research or writing or video editing, etc., while the other is split between email (three accounts) and the chrome browser. I can type off emails or this message, for example, in a few minutes. It's not difficult or intellectually taxing and is a nice break from the heavy intellectual stuff without taking me completely out of my rhythm. I also read and post on my phone when listening to a podcast, standing in line, pumping gas, the rare times I'm watching live TV, whatever, while checking news feeds, emails, etc.

Maybe one of the reasons I enjoy the WC more than you is that I spend a lot of time bantering with people here and don't treat it as seriously as you. It's why McMurt is beloved by people on both sides--he does it very well--despite his explosive rants against people like you. For me, every argument isn't a life and death struggle and I don't really care about winning or losing them, nor am I that obsessed with Trump, Biden, et al. Maybe it's due to age? I realize I can't control those things, no matter how much I might want to, so instead use this space to try to order my thoughts and test what I think, what I don't agree with, etc. All that said, I do get triggered by people and posting styles here, and I try to work on that--and by extension--myself, too. I get that I trigger you and I'm wishing you good luck on our bet so you don't have to read my posts for 30 days.

Thanks for asking.

The thing is that “Trump - The Sequel” isn’t as scary as you’d like it to be.

In large part due to the fact that he was already President for four years and things were fine. So if you’d like to scaremonger, best stick to fear of the unknown.
I've referenced specific sections and talked about the people behind it. The manifesto speaks for itself. It sounds like you're afraid of facts and the truth.

What have I said factually that's incorrect?

I've referenced specific sections and talked about the people behind it. The manifesto speaks for itself. It sounds like you're afraid of facts and the truth.

What have I said factually that's incorrect?
I already said I like what I’ve seen of Project 2025. I don’t understand the hullabaloo.

This reads like the morons in 2016 that were saying a Trump Admin. would be the Handmaid’s Tale.

Reactions: DANC and Ty Webb iu

You have an odd penchant for tracking and commenting on people's posting frequency and then jobs, while publicly proclaiming how busy you are. It's a subtle form of personal attack that everyone recognizes. Maybe you don't recognize it though? You only do it with people you hold a grudge against. It's unseemly, but also hypocritical since you complain when others go personal with you. I think you did it in this very thread?

But since you asked, I own my own firm, so no, not between jobs. I just finished a PWC to the SCt, so am less busy and have no deadlines to meet, so am just generally researching other stuff and working on developing a podcast. Mechanically, as I read and research, I have two monitors on (thinking of adding a third). One has my research or writing or video editing, etc., while the other is split between email (three accounts) and the chrome browser. I can type off emails or this message, for example, in a few minutes. It's not difficult or intellectually taxing and is a nice break from the heavy intellectual stuff without taking me completely out of my rhythm. I also read and post on my phone when listening to a podcast, standing in line, pumping gas, the rare times I'm watching live TV, whatever, while checking news feeds, emails, etc.

Maybe one of the reasons I enjoy the WC more than you is that I spend a lot of time bantering with people here and don't treat it as seriously as you. It's why McMurt is beloved by people on both sides--he does it very well--despite his explosive rants against people like you. For me, every argument isn't a life and death struggle and I don't really care about winning or losing them, nor am I that obsessed with Trump, Biden, et al. Maybe it's due to age? I realize I can't control those things, no matter how much I might want to, so instead use this space to try to order my thoughts and test what I think, what I don't agree with, etc. All that said, I do get triggered by people and posting styles here, and I try to work on that--and by extension--myself, too. I get that I trigger you and I'm wishing you good luck on our bet so you don't have to read my posts for 30 days.

Thanks for asking.
For God's sake lighten up. It was a softball comment.

The only people whose posting frequency I comment on are you and your brother. Together you account for probably a third of the total content here. Maybe more because he posts under multiple handles. I don't get it and I guess I'm trying to understand it, which is probably an exercise in futility.

I am posting this week more than usual because I'm off. I have 9700 posts in eight years. You have 5300 in ten months.

I remember you called me out once for referring to Trump as "unhuman." But Murt's "explosive rants" are okay as long as they're directed at "people like me?" You have an interesting double-standard, and should probably be a little more circumspect about throwing the "hypocrite" label around.

Just my opinion, but you probably could benefit from a thicker skin.

You'll get a ton of "likes" for your post. You're great at "reading the room." Congratulations.

For God's sake lighten up.

The only people whose posting frequency I comment on are you and your brother. Together you account for probably a third of the total content here. Maybe more because he posts under multiple handles. I don't get it and I guess I'm trying to understand it, which is probably an exercise in futility.

I am posting this week more than usual because I'm off. I have 9700 posts in eight years. You have 5300 in ten months.

I remember you called me out once for referring to Trump as "unhuman." But Murt's "explosive rants" are okay as long as they're directed at "people like me?" You have an interesting double-standard, and should probably be a little more circumspect about throwing the "hypocrite" label around.

You'll get a ton of "likes" for your post. You're great at "reading the room." Congratulations.
You don’t get “likes” because nobody likes you.

Thanks for asking.
Blah blah blah yada yada yada I’m developing a podcast @larsIU may I translate this into reality for you?

Lock up it all up and start diggin a dirt account. The midlife crisis has begun!!!!! Right in the throes of WHITEBOYSUMMER MY GOD

In fairness to Brad, I can tell you he doesn't approve of the over the top rampages that McM launches on occasion. He may not join in the outrage they deserve, but he doesn't approve of them by any means.

Blah blah blah yada yada yada I’m developing a podcast @larsIU may I translate this into reality for you?

Lock up it all up and start diggin a dirt account. The midlife crisis has begun!!!!! Right in the throes of WHITEBOYSUMMER MY GOD
There's no better time really.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens

I think something like this might help you :)

It's exhausting really. For no real reason either. Warranty just.....expires.
Oh my god. Is he really calling about his Fing case again. Ohhhhhh why is she texting me about my thoughts for dinner. She’s home. No job. That is your job!!! Do I want to go to X’s house for dinner Friday? No. I don’t. I don’t ever want to go anywhere

Warranty just……expires

Oh my god. Is he really calling about his Fing case again. Ohhhhhh why is she texting me about my thoughts for dinner. She’s home. No job. That is your job!!! Do I want to go to X’s house for dinner Friday? No. I don’t. I don’t ever want to go anywhere

Warranty just……expires
I've been given three choices for dinner tonight. I'm trying to decide which is the least wrong.

Warranty just……expires
I told her I wanted a salad when i surprised her with lunch this afternoon. Meaning I went from my office to home (she works from home) with Jersey Mike's.

+1 romantic possibility. Take that @BradStevens

My ex stoker wanted me to have a He Shed built in our backyard. Somewhere to send me. Looking back I guess that was a sign
We still have a dog house in the back yard two years after she died (not that the dog used it - I built it in case it started raining while she was playing in the back yard). I told the neighbors if they saw two legs sticking out of there in the evening they’d know who was literally in the dog house.

Last edited:
I've been given three choices for dinner tonight. I'm trying to decide which is the least wrong.
If it is your wife giving you 3 choices then none of them is wrong. 🤣 That if if you know what's good for you. :)

Or is it "Take it" or "Leave it" as two of the choices..,,, what's the 3rd?

For God's sake lighten up. It was a softball comment.

LOL. Softball comment.

Why, then, spend two paragraphs trying to characterize and defend it, including a claim you don't get it and are "trying to understand it" (I just explained it) and then a comment on the % of comment and comp of posts/time. I'm reminded of Feynman's quote: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

Re the reference to the Trump thing. Yes, I remember it. I've suspected you continued to hold a grudge for that--at least now I know. Thick skin, indeed.

Explain how Project 25 increases executive power. I think you don’t know what you are talking about.
Read Chapter 2

link: https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-02.pdf

To be sure, they argue that constitutionally the President has total control of the Executive Branch, that presidents have long been derelict in their duty in not exercising this absolute power, and that as a result it has become "a sprawling federal bureaucracy".

They want to end the practice of Presidents not fully controlling any aspect of the executive branch that he (or she, LOL, there's no women in the Heritage cabal) wishes.

You will argue, no doubt, that they are merely calling for using executive powers that (arguably) already exist but that no President has yet wielded. They are , though, clearly stating that the Present should exert more control than any President ever has over the Executive Branch.

edit" Down to the last detail of the president identifying LOYALISTS to lead every department (specified in later chapters).

Your post has as many lies as a Trump speech or debate. For example, Forbes has Biden’s net worth at $10M.
I really wish there was a worthy opponent here.

Check out Pelosi, Feinstein, and then get back to me. And when you allege it is their spouse (predictable) how did they make their money?

Reactions: DANC
1) "Throwing political enemies in jail on extreme interpretations of the law." Not sure exactly whom you're referencing. The Jan 6 rioters? Trump? They were all indicted by grand juries and either pled or were found guilty by a jury. We have an appellate court system. If there were errors or erroneous applications of the law, that will be remedied on appeal. That's democracy.
2) "Censoring free speech." A criminal defendant has no right to undermine a legal proceeding by disparaging or intimidating witnesses, family members of court personnel, etc. That's democracy.
3) "Removing due process." Who was denied it, when, and in what fashion?
4) Shipping billions to foreign countries." Are you talking about Israel? Ukraine? That's called preserving democracy.
5) "Entering into endless wars without Congressional approval." AUMFs? You need to be more specific with respect to the time frame and the specific war(s) you're talking about.
6) "Ignoring the will of the people by throwing out the results of the primary for a sitting president." Are you talking about Biden? When did this happen? Did I miss a Breaking News story today? All of the delegates are his unless and until he releases them (i.e. he drops out). That's his prerogative. That's democracy.
Your definition of “democracy” sounds a lot like authoritarianism

Reactions: DANC
I really wish there was a worthy opponent here.

Check out Pelosi, Feinstein, and then get back to me. And when you allege it is their spouse (predictable) how did they make their money?
The subject was Biden and he was right that you were wrong. Shouldn’t you acknowledge that before moving on to other politicians?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT