ADVERTISEMENT

Biden news conference thread -- 6:30 pm

Read Chapter 2

link: https://static.project2025.org/2025_MandateForLeadership_CHAPTER-02.pdf

To be sure, they argue that constitutionally the President has total control of the Executive Branch, that presidents have long been derelict in their duty in not exercising this absolute power, and that as a result it has become "a sprawling federal bureaucracy".

They want to end the practice of Presidents not fully controlling any aspect of the executive branch that he (or she, LOL, there's no women in the Heritage cabal) wishes.

You will argue, no doubt, that they are merely calling for using executive powers that (arguably) already exist but that no President has yet wielded. They are , though, clearly stating that the Present should exert more control than any President ever has over the Executive Branch.

edit" Down to the last detail of the president identifying LOYALISTS to lead every department (specified in later chapters).
I don’t follow your argument even a little bit. Are saying limiting the power and author of the unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats through a more involved president increase’s executive authority?

Reactions: DANC
He’s seemed pretty consistent to me…and easy to categorize… He’s quite obviously a Republican, that dislikes Trump.

Trump gives ample reasons to not like him. Not the least of which is how he spits on military professionals that don’t fall in line with his BS. Nearly all the military people I’m close to are either “hold their nose” Trump voters. Or openly dislike him like Aloha does.
Every current or ex military I know personally or have been around socially where politics come up are pro Trump.

I don’t follow your argument even a little bit. Are saying limiting the power and author of the unelected and unaccountable bureaucrats through a more involved president increase’s executive authority?
He doesn’t know what his argument is about.

When Biden gives a speech, there needs to be close caption scrolling across the screen with…
“This is what Joe is trying to say…”
“He actually means this…”
Please, just retire
Just like trump needs a "this is a lie and this is what the actual truth is" scroller whenever he talks.

You're embarrassing yourself... I know you got the party e-mail and all but c'mon...

If Trump is such an existential " threat to democracy" why did the DNC run Joe again as your Presidential candidate? No one is buying the "they didn't know" about his obviously diminished cognitive state... Anyone actually watching and listening to him the past 4 years has seen it in real time...

You ladies need a new talking point... That dog won't hunt...

Dnc being idiots by running Biden has no bearing on whether or not Trump is a threat to democracy, which he obviously is given he tried to steal the last election and all the crap in project 2025.

Anyone who would vote for Trump, even if he was running against a pile of shit, is completely brainwashed.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Every current or ex military I know personally or have been around socially where politics come up are pro Trump.
Of course some do. Some are strong supporters. I’d bet no one knows more active and former military than I do and I can factually say Trump is the least popular Republican President among the military and veterans during my adult lifetime. He’s significantly reduced Republican support within that demographic. It’s among the many things I personally dislike about him.

He doesn’t know what his argument is about.
So say the MAGA morons.

It's not particularly complicated. While past presidents of course staff their cabinets with loyalists and make limited executive level personnel changes in many governmental departments, none have taken the "burn it all to the ground, top to bottom, replacing everyone with loyalists" approach that the Heritage Foundation proposes as Trump's blueprint for his 2nd term. FDA, CDC, TSA, EPA, even the National Hurricane Center (I guess to be staffed by Sharpie -wielding DANC-for-brains types who are fine with the idea of nuking storms). It's extreme, in terms of sweeping Presidential reshaping based on loyalty to a wannabe dictator.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
So say the MAGA morons.

It's not particularly complicated. While past presidents of course staff their cabinets with loyalists and make limited executive level personnel changes in many governmental departments, none have taken the "burn it all to the ground, top to bottom, replacing everyone with loyalists" approach that the Heritage Foundation proposes as Trump's blueprint for his 2nd term. FDA, CDC, TSA, EPA, even the National Hurricane Center (I guess to be staffed by Sharpie -wielding DANC-for-brains types who are fine with the idea of nuking storms). It's extreme, in terms of sweeping Presidential reshaping based on loyalty to a wannabe dictator.
I would love to see a comprehensive audit of every one of those agencies, staffing, programs, outcomes etc. cdc in their moment was complete dogshit. Agencies never ask for less money? Why? It’s an admission they aren’t needed to the same extent. Fed gov is a massive jobs program that desperately needs review and revision. Otherwise the fleecing continues unabated

Of course some do. Some are strong supporters. I’d bet no one knows more active and former military than I do and I can factually say Trump is the least popular Republican President among the military and veterans during my adult lifetime. He’s significantly reduced Republican support within that demographic. It’s among the many things I personally dislike about him.
You certainly know many more than me.

The military guys I know are tuff characters. The DEI and feel good stuff of Biden and the Dems just causes them to cuss a blue streak.

Reactions: DANC and 3ZSDAD
You certainly know many more than me.

The military guys I know are tuff characters. The DEI and feel good stuff of Biden and the Dems just causes them to cuss a blue streak.
Hell, we all bitch about touchy feely crap, but that’s not causing the majority of the military personnel who disliked Trump and his total lack of discipline (very much irritates military people) and his disrespect toward the military to suddenly like him. We are conservative and Republican (mostly), but that doesn’t automatically translate into strong support for Trump.

I’m not sure the data would support that. Veterans support Trump far more than Biden, Obama, Romney, McCain, Bush etc.

Reactions: DANC and 3ZSDAD
I’m not sure the data would support that. Veterans support Trump far more than Biden, Obama, Romney, McCain, Bush etc.
I linked a poll that showed Trump was least popular Republican President among the military. The majority of the military is conservative and Republican. Military service appeals to that demographic. Clinton and Obama weren’t popular - especially Clinton.

You have data that shows something else, link it.

Just like trump needs a "this is a lie and this is what the actual truth is" scroller whenever he talks.
Violin Player GIF

• Haha
A lot of them see him as a draft dodger. But at the same time would never vote for the progressive garbage that has infiltrated the Democratic Party. So they will vote for neither candidate
Most likely Trump will get the most votes from the military and veterans, but not as many as another Republic would get or that Romney, McCain and GWB got

Apparently, the think tank that will most likely populate Trump's higher echelons(if he wins) is America First Policy Institute. Ivanka and Jared are informal advisors. They are reportedly miffed at Heritage for trying to get in front of them.

Here's their agenda:

No clue if it's a good one or not. But at least it's an organization with actual ties to Trump's inner circle.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Repubs used Project 2025 to sniff out what was and was not too extreme for the electorate, while giving Trump the ability to define himself against it, making him appear all the more moderate.

Apparently, the think tank that will most likely populate Trump's higher echelons(if he wins) is America First Policy Institute. Ivanka and Jared are informal advisors. They are reportedly miffed at Heritage for trying to get in front of them.

Here's their agenda:

No clue if it's a good one or not. But at least it's an organization with actual ties to Trump's inner circle.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Repubs used Project 2025 to sniff out what was and was not too extreme for the electorate, while giving Trump the ability to define himself against it, making him appear all the more moderate.
Those wascawwy Wepubwicans!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT