ADVERTISEMENT

"I view myself as a bridge"

I read that his entire speech was re-written after the shooting. Instead of going after Biden, it will be a plea for unity.

Yeah, right.

"I call for unity in our fight to defeat the Communists and Fascists and the Deep State who now rule our wonderful, beautiful country."

Speaking of Maher, did you see it last Friday? He gave Kevin McCarthy all kinds of shit. I don't think we'll see him on that show again any time soon.

The Ben Shapiro/Bakari Sellers exchange was entertaining.
I saw the clip of McCarthy - he definitely didn't hold back. And he didn't say an untrue word.

Reactions: Bowlmania
Obama was rather divisive.

IMO he created Trump
I think that's a little disingenuous. It's hard for me to blame the type of reaction Trump and his fans had to Obama on Obama.

That said, the whole birther thing Trump championed really resonated well with a strong cross section.

• Love
Reactions: Bowlmania
I saw the clip of McCarthy - he definitely didn't hold back. And he didn't say an untrue word.
It was great to see Maher call out McCarthy on that false equivalency bullshit argument that many top Dems, like Trump, have failed to concede an election. It's a nonsensical MAGA talking point that frequently appears here, often courtesy of the "2,000 Mules" fanatic and others.

HRC not only conceded to Trump (by phone, early in the morning following Election Day 2016), she also attended Trump's inauguration and sat through his "American Carnage" speech. Al Gore not only conceded to George W., he effing presided over the electoral vote certification on January 6, 2001! He acted with integrity, honor and out of deference to and respect for the Constitution and our time-honored democratic traditions by attending Bush's inauguration, despite the fact that that had to be tougher than hell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT