ADVERTISEMENT

Biden news conference thread -- 6:30 pm

Several senior Dems reportedly had statements ready to go if he tanked, calling on him to leave the race.

Some of the press…led by the NYT…is aggressively trying to push Biden out.

What happens now?

Was the questioning harder than usual?

I get the need to continue a narrative on everything he says. But it dawned on me today we are blowing this out of proportion. I do not recall at any point him saying he loves soccer, the surefire way to know if someone's brain is gone.
That was funny but I couldn't like it out of fear of alienating Murt for all time... 😉

I will say this: I can guarantee you that if you told Biden it would give him a point in the polls, Joe would not only tell you he loved soccer... he would then rif on how he both coached And played soccer at a high level with the first all black soccer team in Selma, Alabama...

Last edited:
Several senior Dems reportedly had statements ready to go if he tanked, calling on him to leave the race.

Some of the press…led by the NYT…is aggressively trying to push Biden out.

What happens now?

Was the questioning harder than usual?

All that matters is beating Donald Trump. The argument is over the best strategy to do so.

That was funny but I couldn't like it out of fear of alienating Murt for all time... 😉

I will say this: I can guarantee you that if you told Biden it would give a point in the polls, Joe would not only tell you he loved soccer... he would then rif on how he both coached And played soccer at a high level with the first all black soccer team in Selma, Alabama...

Not disagreeing, but do you think Trump would be different? Except he would have been the greatest soccer player in history.

I'm not seeing anything bad after having tuned in some 15 minutes ago.
OH For Fvcks Sake Marc.. He answered and presented as well as any above average 7th grader. Didn't crash and burn yet didn't actually say anything. Sadly, the left (you) will gladly burn the country down, with an un-elected shadow government, with joe on Ice, simply out of spite.
WELL, I am a citizen of that country that you are ok with burning down, for us all to lose everything. I am not only NOT ok with your death wish, I will help others, who hold those responsible, that helps promote this Cabal to continue in power.
This must end now. The swamp has be totally exposed that we are being governed/ ruled, by un-elected people that do not share American values. Quite the opposite actually.

There's a little compound down in Cuba... They have rooms with their names on them. Start the count down because these people are 100% complicit with the cover up. That is total active and participating treason on to the voters of the United States of America!
I have been a Republican my entire life, now get thus strait you Johney Come Lately Republican, plotting to overthrow an election is treason. The state of our current affairs cannot be fixed by the Republicans or the Democrats both parties are too far gone. You guys who are Trump only Republicans make me sick

Last edited:
I have been a Republican my entire life, now get thus strait you Johney Come Lately Republican, plotting to overthrow an election is treason. The state of our current affairs cannot be fixed by the Republicans or the Democrats both parties are too far gone. You guys who are Trump only Republicans make ne sick
1) you've been a pub ... ok cool. Super happy for you/ us.
2) overthrow an election.. huge eye roll. Makes me think you have been a McCain publican.
3) both R's and D's are too far gone. (I assume that you agree they built this eff'ing mess)
3.a) Trump Only Republicans? Where did this come from?
3.b) are you a Biden only Republican like the other self promoted "I'm a damn republican" around these parts? Yall made this mess, we are trying to bail you out so STOP grabbing the concrete block and friggin swim with us already ! jesus.

If I misunderstood your post, then the ^^ above was meant to be a joke :) ..

Reactions: DANC
I get the need to continue a narrative on everything he says. But it dawned on me today we are blowing this out of proportion. I do not recall at any point him saying he loves soccer, the surefire way to know if someone's brain is gone.
You’ll be glad to know my pickup game tonight was about the equivalent of Biden’s speech. No notable assists. No notable goals. 4 injuries. 1 likely career ending. A collective sigh at the end

You’ll be glad to know my pickup game tonight was about the equivalent of Biden’s speech. No notable assists. No notable goals. 4 injuries. 1 likely career ending. A collective sigh at the end
90 minutes of no scores?

Sounds like watching Dachshunds at the dog park, except I guarantee you someone is scoring in the first 3 minutes. And they can't use their hands either !!! fvckin stupid game.

1) you've been a pub ... ok cool. Super happy for you/ us.
2) overthrow an election.. huge eye roll. Makes me think you have been a McCain publican.
3) both R's and D's are too far gone. (I assume that you agree they built this eff'ing mess)
3.a) Trump Only Republicans? Where did this come from?
3.b) are you a Biden only Republican like the other self promoted "I'm a damn republican" around these parts? Yall made this mess, we are trying to bail you out so STOP grabbing the concrete block and friggin swim with us already ! jesus.

If I misunderstood your post, then the ^^ above was meant to be a joke :) ..
My post is no joke. You disparage a 0-6 but remember a retired E-8 has no problem speaking his mind. O-6 officers are the best America has to offer. Trump is an undereducated swell. You post helps prove my point.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
My post is no joke. You disparage a 0-6 but remember a retired E-8 has no problem speaking his mind. O-6 officers are the best America has to offer. Trump is an undereducated swell. You post helps prove my point.
O-6, E-8?? Please be more specific. who's who?

If you are saying that I disparage Aloha, then I totally disagree. On a professional level I've never had any thought other than respect. I have challenged, often, his personal political feelings and attempted to understand those. In the beginning it seemed that his stated stances didn't align with his historical preferences. He still hasn't, and that is fine. If I didn't want to understand more due to the respect of his professional life, I wouldn't have asked the second time, let alone the 43rd time.
If Aloha is the best of the best (in your 0-6 reference above), then he shouldn't be offended from me. I've simply been trying to square what he's presented. If I didn't have some respect, I wouldn't have asked the 2nd question of him about 3 years ago. But then again, I don't let those that I DO respect, "off" from being less than understandable.
Please search the last time I responded to hickory... or even read one of it's post. Aloha is different to me, I respect him.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
O-6, E-8?? Please be more specific. who's who?

If you are saying that I disparage Aloha, then I totally disagree. On a professional level I've never had any thought other than respect. I have challenged, often, his personal political feelings and attempted to understand those. In the beginning it seemed that his stated stances didn't align with his historical preferences. He still hasn't, and that is fine. If I didn't want to understand more due to the respect of his professional life, I wouldn't have asked the second time, let alone the 43rd time.
If Aloha is the best of the best (in your 0-6 reference above), then he shouldn't be offended from me. I've simply been trying to square what he's presented. If I didn't have some respect, I wouldn't have asked the 2nd question of him about 3 years ago. But then again, I don't let those that I DO respect, "off" from being less than understandable.
Please search the last time I responded to hickory... or even read one of it's post. Aloha is different to me, I respect him.
He’s seemed pretty consistent to me…and easy to categorize… He’s quite obviously a Republican, that dislikes Trump.

Trump gives ample reasons to not like him. Not the least of which is how he spits on military professionals that don’t fall in line with his BS. Nearly all the military people I’m close to are either “hold their nose” Trump voters. Or openly dislike him like Aloha does.

He’s quite obviously a Republican, that dislikes Trump.
That walks 1,000 miles to defend biden, or anything DNC, but won't take one step to acknowledge a single positive thing from Trump.

Ok, you win, I think you are correct. This will all play out in history. We are just living it today in real time. My money says that in the future, when it all gets revealed, people will be amazed at how we do not have some DNC and RNC and swamp people hanging in public executions right now. But it's simply my guess. Time will tell.

Until then, I will continue to attempt to understand Aloha. I kinda like the short little chubby fvcker. Whether I understand him or not.

Didn't hear anyone trying to play Gotchya!

Obviously they don't have to play that game because "big guy" does it to himself.

He’s seemed pretty consistent to me…and easy to categorize… He’s quite obviously a Republican, that dislikes Trump
That's a good summary..... kinda sums up me also except I will hold my nose and vote for Trump over Biden.

That walks 1,000 miles to defend biden, or anything DNC
Where did he do that? He doesn't defend Biden or the DNC but does call out obviously stupid links by some posters that I just ignore.... is that what you're talking about?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
So as an “old school Republican”, you were how we passed legislation that led to the managed decline of our middle class by importing cheap labor and offshoring our manufacturing base?

As an “old school Republican” you were fine with the overt corruption within our financial institutions, the unholy marriage between Congress and Wall Street, and the use of pension and 401ks to enrich a select few whole the tax payers picked up the tab for terrible fund managers?

As an “old school Republican” you were fine ceding control of every institution to a group of people who had a nihilistic/Marxist worldview?

As an “old school Republican” you were fine spending g trillions of dollars and thousands of lives on multiple pointless wars where the end result was no different than the beginning?

I’m sick and disgusted by “one school Republicans” who did nothing to protect our country, our children, and claimed a moral superiority they didn’t possess.

I’m longing for American leaders who will right this ship, be willing to fight against the dirtiest fighters in the world, and have the balls to do what is necessary, even when it is unpleasant.

That walks 1,000 miles to defend biden, or anything DNC, but won't take one step to acknowledge a single positive thing from Trump.

Ok, you win, I think you are correct. This will all play out in history. We are just living it today in real time. My money says that in the future, when it all gets revealed, people will be amazed at how we do not have some DNC and RNC and swamp people hanging in public executions right now. But it's simply my guess. Time will tell.

Until then, I will continue to attempt to understand Aloha. I kinda like the short little chubby fvcker. Whether I understand him or not.
You still don’t understand me. I have said several positive things about what happened during Trump’s administration. Renegotiating NAFTA is one. Liking most of his judicial nominees, cutting corporate taxes, providing lethal aid to Ukraine, etc. While I like those things, I’ve never wavered from my opinion that he’s unfit to be our President. He’s the worst person, in every aspect of character, to be elected President in my lifetime.

As far as Biden goes, I’ve defended him only when the attacks are dishonest. I’ve criticized him for much. I raked him over the coals for his proposals to forgive college loans. His Reduce Inflation Act (whatever it was called) was a lie in that reducing inflation was the opposite of what it was going to do. His vow to appoint a black woman to the USSC was ridiculous, and it was unfair to his eventual nominee. There’s much I dislike about Biden and Democrats.

The bottom line for me is Trump the person is unfit, and I intensely dislike much of what he’s done to the party. Isolationism, incivility, his corruption, the dishonesty (he’s the most dishonest person ever to be President in my lifetime, and his devoted followers are following his lead), the no compromise attitude which results in Republicans getting nothing rather than something, distrust of our elections (he LOST, idiots), denigration of our military leaders, distrust of our predominantly Republican government law enforcement and intelligence institutions (FBI, CIA, etc.), and on and on. He’s an embarrassment.

Last edited:

Watson might be the only Republican working as a White House beat reporter (as opposed to columnist or talking head) for a liberal mainstream media outlet. No guarantee the report is legit, but she’s certainly not carrying water for Biden

I only saw the last half, and the questions sounded respectful but substantive. Didn't hear anyone trying to play Gotchya!
I think Biden was about the same as he has been (which is gone). Nothing he did last night was any worse, or better, than he’s been for the last several months. If you thought Biden was capable and should stay in the race before yesterday, you still think so

I think Biden was about the same as he has been (which is gone). Nothing he did last night was any worse, or better, than he’s been for the last several months. If you thought Biden was capable and should stay in the race before yesterday, you still think so

Agreed. I don't think any minds were changed.

This is the same dilemma we had four years ago only worse. We chose Biden with low expectations as the lesser of two evils. He met those expectations.

Now what?
Most thought he’d be a one term President too. I certainly did. They’re both too frickin’ old to run for President. There ought to be a law . . .

Anyone that takes away positives from occasional appearances of lucidity is fooling themself. It’s not “all or nothing” when it comes to a decline like this, & the only thing that matters is the evidence of decline. His condition cannot improve, it will only deteriorate. Even people with advanced dementia make sense some of the time, & that won’t cut if for POTUS…

This is the same dilemma we had four years ago only worse. We chose Biden with low expectations as the lesser of two evils. He met those expectations.

Now what?
Defeating Trump is still the aim. The calculus on how to do so is still not settled.

Reactions: larsIU
I have been a Republican my entire life, now get thus strait you Johney Come Lately Republican, plotting to overthrow an election is treason. The state of our current affairs cannot be fixed by the Republicans or the Democrats both parties are too far gone. You guys who are Trump only Republicans make me sick
I don’t believe there are many “Trump only” Republicans here. That’s not the impression I get. I could be wrong though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT