ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Dropping Out

twenty02

Hall of Famer
Jan 28, 2011
Seems to me..... based upon the David Ignatius column... that the table is being slowly set for Biden to step away.

So....

1) The Biden WH would always totally dispute the notion at this point.... you don't piss away what remaining capital you have by making yourself a lame duck

2) how would it work? If you're the DNC, you'd love the idea of just elevating someone that's your preferred pick without an ugly primary... aka the old school way.

My guess is you'd wait until next spring when it becomes very clear what's going on within the GOP Primary....

Obviously these would be very uncharted waters in modern times. Any guesses how this would play out?

Seems to me..... based upon the David Ignatius column... that the table is being slowly set for Biden to step away.

So....

1) The Biden WH would always totally dispute the notion at this point.... you don't piss away what remaining capital you have by making yourself a lame duck

2) how would it work? If you're the DNC, you'd love the idea of just elevating someone that's your preferred pick without an ugly primary... aka the old school way.

My guess is you'd wait until next spring when it becomes very clear what's going on within the GOP Primary....

Obviously these would be very uncharted waters in modern times. Any guesses how this would play out?
This.

Reactions: vesuvius13

So....

Who cares. Why were you up so late posting? 1:30. 3:30. Were you out? 3UUPPPPPP. Or did you get kicked out of the house? What’s going on?

It would have to happen at the convention. Tough to get people on the ballot past a certain point early next year.

Shapiro
Whitmer
Newsom

In that order. Gigantic NO on Harris.

Right, like.....next?

I mean, he's probably known for a while and didn't want to just ask her.
Yeah weird isn’t it. Wouldn’t bother me in the least. Left for another guy and other then my few moments of panic each day over something I F’d up my thoughts are consumed with spite and revenge

Right, like.....next?

I mean, he's probably known for a while and didn't want to just ask her.
In fact I’d be less shocked if my ex went gay than what she had actually done. Disavowed all those things she claimed to like and totally adopted all the things this guy is into. Like a chameleon. A narc with fresh supply!!! Probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to bring Ohio guy in on this. Probably DANC and Joe too. Round it out

So....

The board is set and the pieces are moving.

So....

I'll say this: whoever is a legit alternative needs to get their exploratory committees going ASAP. If this takes too long we will end up in a situation where the only viable candidates are RFK and Harris.

I'll say this: whoever is a legit alternative needs to get their exploratory committees going ASAP. If this takes too long we will end up in a situation where the only viable candidates are RFK and Harris.
If Biden is the only one receiving delegates and drops out right before the convention where are they required to nominate Harris or RFK?

Let's be honest. They don't care about rules and will do whatever they want.

The board is set and the pieces are moving.

Ironically enough Hunter might well become a case that rigid 2nd Amendment advocates could find themselves torn over. Could very well end up before SCOTUS, based on this lower court ruling...

If Biden is the only one receiving delegates and drops out right before the convention where are they required to nominate Harris or RFK?

Let's be honest. They don't care about rules and will do whatever they want.
Lol. Says the guy who supports the party trying to overthrow the will of the people. Why don’t you be honest, for once.

• Haha
Reactions: Ty Webb iu
You're insane. That's complete honesty.

And the propagandists have received their marching orders.

Yes hon, it’s me, I’m the problem. The problem isn’t the guy who consistently posts junk by Catturd, Dan Dakich, Charlie Kirk, and more. Yup that’s it. Which part do you disagree with in my post? Do you not still support Trump? The biggest pathological liar in the universe? The infamous crowd size, Sharpie Gate, Covid, you name it , Trump lied about it.

Lol. Says the guy who supports the party trying to overthrow the will of the people. Why don’t you be honest, for once.
There was evidence of a lot cheating but judges wouldn't step into the election. There are tougher rules in now to stop the cheating so we will see if it was the will of the people. Personally I would rather have a good administrator like DeSantis as Trump lied about him using info from years ago to get people to support him. With Trump's support of Disney and LGBT... will turn off a lot of parent's that DeSantis is supported by. If any of these indictments, Georgia's is weak, with real evidence then Trump will lose more votes.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
It would have to happen at the convention. Tough to get people on the ballot past a certain point early next year.

Shapiro
Whitmer
Newsom

In that order. Gigantic NO on Harris.
Totally agree with you re Harris.

Whitmer would be a strong candidate.

Disagree re Newsom. He's arrogant, polarizing and too far left to carry the states he needs to win. Remember this election will come down to fewer than 10 states - - Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, maybe NC and one or two others. I can't see voters in the upper Midwest, for example, getting excited about voting for Newsom.

Shapiro appears to be a rising star but he's new on the job and there are some red flags. Yes, he won big in PA but he defeated a cash-strapped opponent who alienated a lot of voters with his extreme views. Mastriano was not a strong candidate. Also, voter turnout was not great in parts of Philly and in other smaller cities (e.g. Allentown, Reading) with sizeable black and Hispanic populations.

Wes Moore is really impressive (extremely bright, personable, Afghanistan War vet, Rhodes Scholar) but, like Shapiro, he's only been governor (Maryland) for a short time. He'll be in the discussion in 2028 and beyond.

I'm going to throw out a name I haven't seen anywhere - - Andy Beshear, a Dem governor in a decidedly red state. If he wins re-election this November, he could be in the mix.

If Biden decides (or has already decided) to call it quits, he's obviously going to wait as long as possible to make the announcement in order to shorten the "lame duck" period. I don't know how much time is needed for the Dems to roll out a viable new candidate. This is uncharted territory.

Disagree re Newsom. He's arrogant, polarizing and too far left to carry the states he needs to win. Remember this election will come down to fewer than 10 states - - Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, maybe NC and one or two others. I can't see voters in the upper Midwest, for example, getting excited about voting for Newsom.

Shapiro appears to be a rising star but he's new on the job and there are some red flags. Yes, he won big in PA but he defeated a cash-strapped opponent who alienated a lot of voters with his extreme views. Mastriano was not a strong candidate. Also, voter turnout was not great in parts of Philly and in other smaller cities (e.g. Allentown, Reading) with sizeable black and Hispanic populations.

Wes Moore is really impressive (extremely bright, personable, Afghanistan War vet, Rhodes Scholar) but, like Shapiro, he's only been governor (Maryland) for a short time. He'll be in the discussion in 2028 and beyond.

I'm going to throw out a name I haven't seen anywhere - - Andy Beshear, a Dem governor in a decidedly red state. If he wins re-election this November, he could be in the mix.

If Biden decides (or has already decided) to call it quits, he's obviously going to wait as long as possible to make the announcement in order to shorten the "lame duck" period. I don't know how much time is needed for the Dems to roll out a viable new candidate. This is uncharted territory.
Damn, I left Beshear out. Must be the Kentucky thing....haha. I'd put him near the top of my list. I had Newsom on there as a distant third. He does seem like a prick.

Reactions: BradStevens
This is one area where the Machiavellian nature of the DNC is actually a relief. We simply cannot have another 4 years of Biden/ Harris.

I’m eager to see what rabbit they pull out of a hat to get their man/ woman in there.

Does Obama go to Joe behind the scenes and tell him the jig is up? I can’t see them throwing Biden under the impeachment bus.

Newsom has had one up and running for several weeks. I’m not sure how accurate the rumors are, but Feinstein to step down, Kamala appointed to her Senate seat, Newsom runs for President.

This is one area where the Machiavellian nature of the DNC is actually a relief. We simply cannot have another 4 years of Biden/ Harris.
What is the RNC going to do if the DNC actually pulls this off.

If the Dems are able to control who would replace Biden as the nominee, a Whitmer-Shapiro ticket would be practically unbeatable, no matter who the Pub ticket would be.

If the Dems are able to control who would replace Biden as the nominee, a Whitmer-Shapiro ticket would be practically unbeatable, no matter who the Pub ticket would be.
I can’t stand Whitmer. Shapiro - Whitmer okay

So....

2) Clearly, the smoke filled room will orchestrate the outcome.

I can’t stand Whitmer. Shapiro - Whitmer okay
But you vote In Missouri. You don’t count. I vote in Cali. I don’t count. Most on here vote in Indiana. They don’t count. The voters in the POTUS election in 2024 who REALLY count are in Wisconsin, Michigan, and PA. Whitmer is more experienced and a woman so she gets to be on top if she wants, or so I’m often told.😊

Whitmer’s handling of COVID should be enough to disqualify her. She was a COVIDiot.
COVID won't even matter in the upcoming election. Either way.

Bowl's right. Beshear shouldn't be left out of this.

So we are clear, the plan is to shuttle Kamala off and replace her as the heir apparent (by virtue of being VP) with a white person. Possibly even a white man.

With the way the Democrat electorate is set up right now, best of luck with that strategy.

So we are clear, the plan is to shuttle Kamala off and replace her as the heir apparent (by virtue of being VP) with a white person. Possibly even a white man.

With the way the Democrat electorate is set up right now, best of luck with that strategy.
Excellent point. So this will probably play out with Joe waiting as long as possible to announce he’s not running and turning over his campaign structure to Harris.

• Sad
Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT