ADVERTISEMENT

Archie Miller

There was definitely at least one person who said no. And it wasn't until yesterday. IU didn't just wait a week since Dayton lost to make the hire. This push wasn't made until last night. Things moved really quickly from there.

Someone besides Donovan?

What, specifically, about his teams do you not like?

This board would've railed against Knight in 71.

My friend's dad was at IU at the time and still remembers when IU hired "some asshole from Army" who no one was excited about.

There was definitely at least one person who said no. And it wasn't until yesterday. IU didn't just wait a week since Dayton lost to make the hire. This push wasn't made until last night. Things moved really quickly from there.
Are you hearing that the late night response from Alford sped things up?

Are you hearing that the late night response from Alford sped things up?
No it wasn't Alford who was holding things up. He bowed out earlier in the process when he wasn't the primary target. He didn't want to be the backup option. Can't say I blame him. If you don't have 100% support, why leave the great job you have at UCLA?

Reactions: IndyMitchell
No it wasn't Alford who was holding things up. He bowed out earlier in the process when he wasn't the primary target. He didn't want to be the backup option. Can't say I blame him. If you don't have 100% support, why leave the great job you have at UCLA?

Donovan? Bennett? I can't blame Alford either. It would be tough to walk away from the foundation he has built at UCLA ...especially when not everyone is in his corner.

Donovan? Bennett? I can't blame Alford either. It would be tough to walk away from the foundation he has built at UCLA ...especially when not everyone is in his corner.

You don't have to answer that last question Fpeaugh. It is a moot pt. I am rooting for AM to succeed and the other options aren't important now.

Honestly. I think the two things I already found most exciting about Miller is
1: Being so fundamentally sound.-
And so its really nice to see this literally pointed out again in a article.I mean, how nice will it be to go literally anti -crean in things, and this is def one of them and at the top of my list.

2: His background experience in recruiting.-
Just think, one of the things you came up excelling at is recruiting , and now you're sitting in literally the biggest basketball breeding state there is.
Very exciting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT