ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Roster

And why are you not enthused about a top 12 player in the country committing to IU?
I don't believe that he's a top 12 player. I watched his entire game again Caleb Love's team and the recent game in which he hurt his ankle.
The ankle injury was in large part his fault because of atrocious form on his jumper.
Granted, he may have just had a bad game against Love's team, but I saw:
Extremely left hand dominant with the dribble.
Small and light...can be pushed around. This can be fixed to a certain extent.
Did not exhibit a will to win or leadership while his team was getting its' ass handed to it.
Love was much, much better in this game.

I don't believe that he's a top 12 player. I watched his entire game again Caleb Love's team and the recent game in which he hurt his ankle.
The ankle injury was in large part his fault because of atrocious form on his jumper.
Granted, he may have just had a bad game against Love's team, but I saw:
Extremely left hand dominant with the dribble.
Small and light...can be pushed around. This can be fixed to a certain extent.
Did not exhibit a will to win or leadership while his team was getting its' ass handed to it.
Love was much, much better in this game.

I kind of hope you’re right. I’d rather be stay 2 or 3 years. I do reserve the right to change my mind if TJD is still on the roster:)

I kind of hope you’re right. I’d rather be stay 2 or 3 years. I do reserve the right to change my mind if TJD is still on the roster:)
To be clear, he's a nice player. Expectations need to be tempered. He'll be here for a few years, which is great.
He's not one and done, and he's not going to take over next year.
If he buys in to Archie and comes to work and get dirty, he'll be a valuable piece.

To be clear, he's a nice player. Expectations need to be tempered. He'll be here for a few years, which is great.
If he buys in to Archie and comes to work and get dirty, he'll be a valuable piece.

I can’t remember the last IU 5 star/McDonald’s All-American who didn’t have a good freshmen season.

I think noah vonleh reclassified and had a pretty good frosh year. If he is the number 1 point guard in 2021 i think hed still be pretty good next year.

We’re depending heavily on grad transfers no matter how you look at it. That’s not a top half Big Ten roster by any stretch of the imagination.

Tv1PFJpwPHvU_2NfnXO_T7lrcfUTO4OyvSHm4WEY_oGaWLTI60yzLN_PXC5mHUHxKi7Q8mhfaRADjQ8R9wzdsXTdoaxLFWXmwgBWGEgrTrdLCC-i9cFbki-5a49lprFSDW2MQSA3DodupakZ

I think noah vonleh reclassified and had a pretty good frosh year. If he is the number 1 point guard in 2021 i think hed still be pretty good next year.
I like the Vonleh comparison. It's not as if Lander is due for a massive growth spurt in the next calendar year. Also, his body type isn't one designed to pack on a ton of weight. If anything, IU Basketball Strength and Conditioning coach Clif Marshall will help him fill out if he reclassifies and enrolls in June.

I like the Vonleh comparison. It's not as if Lander is due for a massive growth spurt in the next calendar year. Also, his body type isn't one designed to pack on a ton of weight. If anything, IU Basketball Strength and Conditioning coach Clif Marshall will help him fill out if he reclassifies and enrolls in June.

He'd have to take summer school to reclassify.

He won't be here in June.

DA is a logical transfer. If the rest come back, they still need at least one more PG and an athletic big that is not a complete project. The PG would help take the burden off Rob and a big that can move and cover a larger area would help immediately. Plus, they only get one more year of TJD. Better start preparing for it sooner than later.

"...they still need at least one more PG..." Check!
"....and a big that can move and cover a larger area..." ???

It's coming together. Slower than we want but you can see how it can work. Have to believe KL will reclassify, so barring a key player transferring or an unexpected early entry, they can have their most complete team in many years next season.

With Lander on board they should look to add a big that can move and control the post. Not a project. Not a 170 lb stick. And not another 245 lb tree that struggles to recover. They have that with Brunk, which works in some instances but not others as we have seen lately.

They need a big that can move and alter shots/control the board. TJD has the ability but they need another big who can help. If you want to compete against the top tier you need someone else who you can pair with TJD, Race and Brunk. A legit 4 bigs that allows you to match up with whoever you play.

Last edited:
I’d love to praise the coach and team. Nothing Archie has done so far deserves even an ounce of praise though. I’d love to be wrong.

So when do you expect Lander to announce his commitment to either UM or Louisville? Do you think he will call Coach Donovan in Bloomington first and let him know he's not coming to IU? It would be the decent thing to do.

Your credibility was exhausted eons ago.

Last edited:
So when do expect Lander to announce his commitment to either UM or Louisville? Do you think he will call Coach Donavan in Bloomington first and let him know he's not coming to IU? It would be the decent thing to do.

Your credibility was exhausted eons ago.

For sh$*s and giggles, let's say he is an IU fan. It must have sucked for him to be so definite about Lander, Dovovan, etc., etc. and then to be SO wrong. He probably saw the news about lander and it sent him into a catatonic state!! :D:D:D

For sh$*s and giggles, let's say he is an IU fan. It must have sucked for him to be so definite about Lander, Dovovan, etc., etc. and then to be SO wrong. He probably saw the news about lander and it sent him into a catatonic state!! :D:D:D
he predicted yesterday afternoon that "Lander isn't coming to IU". The news broke just hours later, and he quickly jumped on the board to delete his post. Like I said....credibility level: EXHAUSTED.

Reactions: MrBing
That's fine, but who says he couldn't make it up to Bloomington for a few unofficial workouts over the summer? That's all I'm saying.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can't work out with the strength and condition coaches until he's enrolled.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he can't work out with the strength and condition coaches until he's enrolled.
I'd be interested to know whether that would be an NCAA violation. Anyone with that type of knowledge care to chime in?

Either way, I'm sure the coaching staff would at least be in communication with Michael Adams (Reitz head coach) and Lander on a strength and conditioning plan.

Reactions: minneman
it sent him to this board to delete his prediction (that Lander wasn't coming to IU) that he had just posted earlier in the afternoon.

He claims to be an IU fan, but I don't know any IU fans who show no joy over an IU win or an IU recruiting win, and also sport a huge man crush for greaseball Calipari.

Probably depends on how you feel about Yogi's freshman season. It wasn't gaudy, but we didn't need gaudy. If not that one, then maybe Bracey.
Yogi just needed to get the ball up court his Frosh season. We had four 1000 pt career scorers around him. Pretty good deal for a frosh PG.

I remember Bracey's frosh season being better than his last (jr yr). I remember his frosh season ,everyone talked about early entry into the draft and I was hoping we could get a few yrs out of him. By the time he was a junior I wasn't too bent he left. His last IU basket was an uncontested dunk at the end of the home lose to Vanderbilt in the NIT. Hardly anyone cheered....icing on the cake for his career. No knock to him personally but I enjoyed watching him play less and less with every passing game.

Lander has said he would prefer to reclassify to 2020 if possible. His sudden commitment makes me think it's more than doable. Should that be the case, I'd assume he would be working his tail off in Reitz's weight room or with a personal trainer if the family has the means to provide one.

Reactions: minneman
Lander has said he would prefer to reclassify to 2020 if possible. His sudden commitment makes me think it's more than doable. Should that be the case, I'd assume he would be working his tail off in Reitz's weight room or with a personal trainer if the family has the means to provide one.
Deciding that half way through the second semester would seem to make that a tall, tall order, especially when you consider some of IU’s admissions requirements (minimums for math, science, English and Social Sciences). He likely will need to stuff a tremendous amount of work into a compact period of time.

Deciding that half way through the second semester would seem to make that a tall, tall order, especially when you consider some of IU’s admissions requirements (minimums for math, science, English and Social Sciences). He likely will need to stuff a tremendous amount of work into a compact period of time.

Not easy but definitely doable. Didn't Race Thompson reclassify late Spring/early Summer and make it in no problem?

His dad said that he's gonna have to take summer school to do it. It's not decided yet if that's the way Lander is gonna go though, but it wouldn't be a shock either way.

Reactions: kkott
He's going to summer school if he's going to reclassify also. He's going to be very busy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT