ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Roster

Lander's issue is he's what, 160 pound sopping wet? He gets pushed around by physical players so reclassifing early to play tackle basketball in the big ten would be the absolute worst case scenario for him.

Whitt out of the Carolina's is a more realistic option. Still he's not a big dude either.

Next year's rotation is probably going to be the five that was on the floor down the stretch the last two games (TJD, Race, Smith, Durham and Rob) with the upside coming from Hunter developing into the versatile threat who could play the 2, 3 or 4 along with Franklin becoming a more physical defensive guard who can play the 1 or 2.

Watch out for Geronimo. He exploded onto the scene last year and is currently beating in HS (granted the HS competition probably isn't the best).

Geronimo is insanely athletic that is hitting from three. He and Hunter should give us two versatile wings over the next three years.

Lander is lightning quick though.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Lander is lightning quick though.
He sure is quick. Although, after seeing this recent photo, I'd be worried about his body holding up over the course of a season in the physical Big Ten.

1157176576.jpg.jpg

Again the competition isn't great but this was a game where he went for 29 pts, 15 boards, 6-6 from the ft line, 4 blocks and 4 steals.

And he's still considered to be raw and growing (which is why he went from being unranked to around 70 ish after last summer).

He's beasting against what seems to be weak competition but you can see his bounce, athleticism and his nice, smooth shot in this clip.

nice outside shot. Damn annoying music.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I would guess Race starts at the 4 if we're looking exclusively at players on the roster but have a feeling Kaufman or Furst would be day 1 starters at either the 4 and 5 if they commit. If Hunter could put on weight he could be a nice option as a stretch 4 in certain lineups with his ability to shoot from the perimeter, but my guess is that the 4 and or 5 are still in high school.
It will take Furst at least a year to be able to guard someone.
For sure. With Hunter having been completely away from the game last season while injured, it's understandable he's still finding his legs in the college game. If he reaches his potential next season or the following, I can see him being a wing player that slashes aggressively to the bucket while also being a spot-up shooter.
He also has a back to the basket game

Reactions: TommyCracker
247 has him listed at 6'1", 160.

Rivals has him listed at 6'2", 165.
He does need to put on some weight and he looks like he has the body to do it per that picture. I was 6'4" and 190 when I graduated high school and was about 225 at the end of my Freshman year but I was playing football and the coach wanted me to be heavier before my Sophomore year. It took a lot of weight lifting and calories. It's possible for him to put on some muscle and be about 180 or so by the time he plays at IU. If he plays at IU. 180 would be a good weight for him and he could do it with the proper training.

Last edited:
We’d only have one above average Big Ten starter. That’s TJD. Everyone else would be below average for their positions. Lander isn’t coming to IU.

So that puts pressure on the staff to get transfer starters. And hopefully a couple of them.

You as usual are wrong. KL will be a Hoosier, but I am not sure if he will graduate early and come to IU. But KL is coming..

You as usual are wrong. KL will be a Hoosier, but I am not sure if he will graduate early and come to IU. But KL is coming..
You seem very certain and I hope you're right. He'd be a great addition to next year's class. I'd buy you a beer if you're right. ;)

You seem very certain and I hope you're right. He'd be a great addition to next year's class. I'd buy you a beer if you're right. ;)

Archie coming right down to Reitz the following day of the UL visit really made an impression. Archie is honest and open in answering recruits' questions. IU has the right guy for the long-term. Inside out is the way to go in IU recruiting, and thankfully Archie realized that from the get go.

32 degree Miller Lite, in a 28 ounce icy mug.

I'm not sure how you intended that remark to be interpreted but if Anderson leaves there will be a tremendous opportunity to improve the roster significantly - assuming that scholly can be used to find a transfer perimeter shooter (with immediate eligibility). Now actually landing that player is an entirely different matter.
Or a waterbug type of point guard . . . that kid from Vincennes U. sounded like a good backup/competition for Rob.

Archie coming right down to Reitz the following day of the UL visit really made an impression. Archie is honest and open in answering recruits' questions. IU has the right guy for the long-term. Inside out is the way to go in IU recruiting, and thankfully Archie realized that from the get go.

32 degree Miller Lite, in a 28 ounce icy mug.
I didn't realize Archie was down in Evansville to see him the day after he had visited Louisville. All we can do is hope Archie is making a good enough impression on Lander and his family for them to realize how badly the staff and fans want him to play in Bloomington. I'm sure Lander's AAU teammates and IU commits Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal are in his ear as well.

I didn't realize Archie was down in Evansville to see him the day after he had visited Louisville. All we can do is hope Archie is making a good enough impression on Lander and his family for them to realize how badly the staff and fans want him to play in Bloomington. I'm sure Lander's AAU teammates and IU commits Trey Galloway and Anthony Leal are in his ear as well.

he did

This is just full on delusional. I’ll remind you of this when he commits elsewhere.

Do you guys really not understand, that this is “TwinDegrees2”.

I know it for a fact. I followed his hints. And a GBI guy told me. But it should be easy to pick up. Every single thing he says is “Negative-IU.” A lot of us say negative stuff. This guy does it 99.9% of the time.
Are you saying that I am this TwinDegrees guy? You know that you can go to my profile and see that I’ve had the same name for 20 years right? I’ve never had another name.

and if the staff does get those transfers, and we have a great season...you'll be all for it and sing their praises? And the team's coach? RIght? Right?

Bullshit.
I’d love to praise the coach and team. Nothing Archie has done so far deserves even an ounce of praise though. I’d love to be wrong.

Lander's issue is he's what, 160 pound sopping wet? He gets pushed around by physical players so reclassifing early to play tackle basketball in the big ten would be the absolute worst case scenario for him.

Whitt out of the Carolina's is a more realistic option. Still he's not a big dude either.

Next year's rotation is probably going to be the five that was on the floor down the stretch the last two games (TJD, Race, Smith, Durham and Rob) with the upside coming from Hunter developing into the versatile threat who could play the 2, 3 or 4 along with Franklin becoming a more physical defensive guard who can play the 1 or 2.

Watch out for Geronimo. He exploded onto the scene last year and is currently beating in HS (granted the HS competition probably isn't the best).

Geronimo is insanely athletic that is hitting from three. He and Hunter should give us two versatile wings over the next three years.
I saw Isaiah Thomas play the Summer before his freshman year. He was scrawny as can be. Maybe 160 at most. But speed (and quickness) kills. As does court vision, handle and being able to shoot it. I’m not saying KL is going to be the same player as this all-timer, but anybody who thinks he’s not going to start immediately and have a big-time impact whether next season or the one after, is crazy in my book.

Yeah... nothing. Not even getting the last two Mr. Basketballs in Indiana deserves any praise. Not an ounce. Says the guy who said we'd have a worse season than last because we lost our top 2 scorers...
Has it really been any better?

We finished 9th in the Big Ten last year. We finished 6th the year before. We’re currently in 9th place. What exactly are you beating your chest to?

Next year IU should be really good.
We lose Davis-Green return everyone else. Except any potential transfer.
A healthy Rob :) , Leal, Galloway (can play pg) , Geronimo
2 more possible coming in.
A chance either Lander or another possible PG reclassify to 2020.
The only true question marks. Can this team keep this effort. As they have the last few games. Stay healthy

Next year IU should be really good.
We lose Davis-Green return everyone else. Except any potential transfer.
A healthy Rob :) , Leal, Galloway (can play pg) , Geronimo
2 more possible coming in.
A chance either Lander or another possible PG reclassify to 2020.
The only true question marks. Can this team keep this effort. As they have the last few games. Stay healthy
Really good? I think they could be better, but they’ll still lack reliable outside shooting and a dynamic point guard. And, until they demonstrate the mental toughness to compete hard in every game, they’ll still be a bit soft.

Has it really been any better?

We finished 9th in the Big Ten last year. We finished 6th the year before. We’re currently in 9th place. What exactly are you beating your chest to?

WOW, I have said it before and will again. You are such a dick.

HOW can you get that he was talking about even an once of praise to him beating his chest.

Good grief.

Really good? I think they could be better, but they’ll still lack reliable outside shooting and a dynamic point guard. And, until they demonstrate the mental toughness to compete hard in every game, they’ll still be a bit soft.

Have you checked the latest commitment?

This is just full on delusional. I’ll remind you of this when he commits elsewhere.
I told you that you should post less.
You've been demoted to a 2nd grade level basketball moron.
For the record, I'm not overly enthused with this commitment, but you will be because all you see is stars.

I told you that you should post less.
You've been demoted to a 2nd grade level basketball moron.
For the record, I'm not overly enthused with this commitment, but you will be because all you see is stars.

And why are you not enthused about a top 12 player in the country committing to IU?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT