ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Roster

Deciding that half way through the second semester would seem to make that a tall, tall order, especially when you consider some of IU’s admissions requirements (minimums for math, science, English and Social Sciences). He likely will need to stuff a tremendous amount of work into a compact period of time.

If IU had UK admission/cheating standards, it would be a piece of cake for 2020. Eric Bledsoe flunked his HS algebra1 class, skipped algebra2, and was given an "A" in Algebra3 class to gain eligibility. UK admission actually accepted the class transcripts, and no UK fans that I know of have ever had a problem with it.

If IU had UK admission/cheating standards, it would be a piece of cake for 2020. Eric Bledsoe flunked his HS algebra1 class, skipped algebra2, and was given an "A" in Algebra3 class to gain eligibility. UK admission actually accepted the class transcripts, and no UK fans that I know of have ever had a problem with it.

Back in the 90s UNC ended up denying admission to a Charlotte kid named Jason Parker, and UK admitted him no problem. They credited some of his HS classes as AP that UNC didn't/wouldn't, but it always smelled fishy. And just as there is smoke around Bledsoe earning an A in an advanced Algebra class, I don't suspect Parker was taking a bunch of AP classes.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Deciding that half way through the second semester would seem to make that a tall, tall order, especially when you consider some of IU’s admissions requirements (minimums for math, science, English and Social Sciences). He likely will need to stuff a tremendous amount of work into a compact period of time.
I remember when Marvin Bagley decided to reclassify so he could play for Duke in 2017. Duke has much more stringent admission requirements than IU. I wonder how much of that was Duke being willing to cut corners to get the kid in.

His dad said that he's gonna have to take summer school to do it. It's not decided yet if that's the way Lander is gonna go though, but it wouldn't be a shock either way.
Yeah, I would think summer school is a given. As I said, the issue for kids who contemplate this is rooted in the per subject admissions requirements that some universities have. Sometimes, the ability to take enough of the right kind of courses isn’t possible in a compressed time frame.

Trust me, IU has gotten some kids into school through the years that would make plenty of people wonder about the academic standards of the University. Almost every school has special admissions policies that give great leeway to admit kids, IU certainly included.

Trust me, IU has gotten some kids into school through the years that would make plenty of people wonder about the academic standards of the University. Almost every school has special admissions policies that give great leeway to admit kids, IU certainly included.
It's interesting to me that Duke is never included in this type of conversation. That school has some of the most stringent admission requirements in the world for typical students, but it's as if there are zero requirements for basketball players. I wonder if any of that has to do with the university caving to Krszyzewski.

It's interesting to me that Duke is never included in this type of conversation. That school has some of the most stringent admission requirements in the world for typical students, but it's as if there are zero requirements for basketball players. I wonder if any of that has to do with the university caving to Krszyzewski.
Which kids have gotten into Duke who shouldn’t have?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT