ADVERTISEMENT

18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting A COVID Vaccine

Both. At time of hospital admission, vaxxed and unvaxxed infected patients have a similar viral load. Then it trends sharply down for the vaccinated. Also, fewer of the infected vaccinated folks have to go to the hospital in the first place, so "equal initiative viral load" is skewed by the fact that only the rare worst cases, by and large, are being counted.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/...LwAeOxIMSLBU7T_sVx_iEpqs64CgvYi7Yubz5B4PM-NEI

I don’t need all 18 of these, only 1 -

11. Overall death rate from COVID

I came to this conclusion months ago. I have zero comorbidities, why get it? Especially when getting it doesn’t keep me from infection or infecting others. I have a strong immune system but if I get it ( I believe I already had it earlier this year) I’ll deal with it. Besides, very small chance of dying from it.

I challenge you crusaders to read the above article and click on the multiple referenced links. Many like to call us names and say we are uneducated redneck Trump voters, with stupid reasons and selfish and uncaring. Nah, just simply don’t see a reason for me to get it, and many reasons not to get it. But, it only boils down to one for me - 99.74%
giphy.gif

Reactions: bawlmer and larsIU
You spread it to EIGHT TIMES the number of people, if you are unvaccinated. Yes, 8 times.

What you're saying is like saying "People can die in a car crash even wearing a seatbelt , so seatbelts are stupid. Anything not 100% effective is, in my mind, 0% effective."
Someone else said what you are saying too. If I have the virus how do I spread it to more people whether I am vaccinated or not? How does that actually work?

As an IU grad, this thread is simply embarassing. My only hope is that the rubes here are non-grad fans.

IU profs and experiences on campus fine tuned my critical thinking skills, and the trumpsheep here have displayed a complete void in this area.

Someone else said what you are saying too. If I have the virus how do I spread it to more people whether I am vaccinated or not? How does that actually work?

It's like the difference between farting and shitting your pants.

No, just those who care to hear an opposing view to vaccines.

Point out the shit, I’m all ears. “Long term complications”? That is a possibility from getting vaxed as well. “More likely”? No offense but you sound like the CDC - no absolutes.

I am sure about a couple of things - Again, I have a strong immune system. I don’t have one comorbidity. The chances of dying are very slim, especially for someone in this category.
Fine. Don't get vaccinated.

By the same libertarian thinking, medical providers ought to be able to refuse treatment to those who are unvaccinated. Makes perfect sense to me . . . if you're unwilling to do the preventative measures, medical personnel, hospitals, dentists, restaurant owners, servers . . . anybody . . . ought to be able to refuse you treatment and/or service. You can do whatever you want so long as you're willing to live with the consequences.

Your choice.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Fine. Don't get vaccinated.

By the same libertarian thinking, medical providers ought to be able to refuse treatment to those who are unvaccinated. Makes perfect sense to me . . . if you're unwilling to do the preventative measures, medical personnel, hospitals, dentists, restaurant owners, servers . . . anybody . . . ought to be able to refuse you treatment and/or service. You can do whatever you want so long as you're willing to live with the consequences.

Your choice.
My ability to do what I think is best for me, is your cost of living in a "civilized" society. Your ability to force me to do what ever you want me to do, is not a cost I will pay nor is it "civilized".
It seems most all arguments between left and right are about the left wanting to force their will (wear your seat belt, pay more money to be distributed to others, Use your efforts to support those who won't), while the Right (apropriatly called that for a reason BTW) defends peoples rights that built this country.

I'm not anti-vax. You want it, by all means, get it. I'm not comfortable with it - and by the way, it's for me, not you. So, why are you so concerned. If you are vaxed, why do you care?

Choosing not to take the vaccine yourself is not antivaxx. Choosing to come here and with an antivaxx link and tout it is crossing into advocacy and is antivaxx. You can sit at home quietly comfortable in your personal choice. Touting it becomes antivaxx.

My ability to do what I think is best for me, is your cost of living in a "civilized" society. Your ability to force me to do what ever you want me to do, is not a cost I will pay nor is it "civilized".
It seems most all arguments between left and right are about the left wanting to force their will (wear your seat belt, pay more money to be distributed to others, Use your efforts to support those who won't), while the Right (apropriatly called that for a reason BTW) defends peoples rights that built this country.
Nope. Your cost of living in a civilized society is doing what it takes for all of us to survive shit like COVID. Otherwise, we'll devolve into a lawless society and shoot each other. (See Afghanistan.)

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/...LwAeOxIMSLBU7T_sVx_iEpqs64CgvYi7Yubz5B4PM-NEI

I don’t need all 18 of these, only 1 -

11. Overall death rate from COVID

I came to this conclusion months ago. I have zero comorbidities, why get it? Especially when getting it doesn’t keep me from infection or infecting others. I have a strong immune system but if I get it ( I believe I already had it earlier this year) I’ll deal with it. Besides, very small chance of dying from it.

I challenge you crusaders to read the above article and click on the multiple referenced links. Many like to call us names and say we are uneducated redneck Trump voters, with stupid reasons and selfish and uncaring. Nah, just simply don’t see a reason for me to get it, and many reasons not to get it. But, it only boils down to one for me - 99.74%
Covid vaccines reduce the risk of hospitalization and death from Covid to a fraction of 1%. They also help limit the spread of the virus, and they've already saved countless lives. Those facts are incontrovertible.

But sure, say "f*ck you" to social responsibility, and remember that it's all about you.

Nope. Your cost of living in a civilized society is doing what it takes for all of us to survive shit like COVID. Otherwise, we'll devolve into a lawless society and shoot each other. (See Afghanistan.)
Hey Sope, are you still charging 6 different clients for the same 1/2 hour?

As Cracker (I think it was Cracker) put it so well the other day, it's not a personal choice, it's a civic duty.
Right. The answer to “why should I get vaccinated?” really is “because it’s the right thing to do.” That used to mean something.

Reactions: UncleMark
As an IU grad, this thread is simply embarassing. My only hope is that the rubes here are non-grad fans.

IU profs and experiences on campus fine tuned my critical thinking skills, and the trumpsheep here have displayed a complete void in this area.
I’ve asked the folks who use rube on here to define exactly what a rube is. Will you?

Uh, look around...... if you live in an American city, your life is in danger just by a stray bullet.

By forcing Americans to do what's 'best for all', even though it's against their personal beliefs, more fringe groups will emerge and we will, indeed be the Balkans or another Afghanistan.

Covid vaccines reduce the risk of hospitalization and death from Covid to a fraction of 1%. They also help limit the spread of the virus, and they've already saved countless lives. Those facts are incontrovertible.

But sure, say "f*ck you" to social responsibility, and remember that it's all about you.
Death from Covid is already a fraction of 1% and has been since the beginning of the pandemic.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
what it takes for all of us to survive
Considering that I (let alone many) have decided a different "what it takes" totally blows a hole in your "attempt to control others" opinion.
And your "shooting" analogy will become more and more a possibility the more people continue to deny (umm forceably remove) personal liberties. How about "we" just stop before that starts.

Reactions: DANC
I’ve asked the folks who use rube on here to define exactly what a rube is. Will you?
I generally teach by using examples. For you I would suggest reading the posts of the rubes in this and the other thread fight between science and trumpsheep.

Considering that I (let alone many) have decided a different "what it takes" totally blows a hole in your "attempt to control others" opinion.
And your "shooting" analogy will become more and more a possibility the more people continue to deny (umm forceably remove) personal liberties. How about "we" just stop before that starts.
These aren't "personal liberties" any more than going to school without a DPT shot is.

You can do what you want . . . but there will be consequences. Hopefully those consequences will prevent us from getting to the shooting stage . . .

These aren't "personal liberties" any more than going to school without a DPT shot is.

You can do what you want . . . but there will be consequences. Hopefully those consequences will prevent us from getting to the shooting stage . . .

28th Amendment - Thou must do "The Right Thing" as prescribed by others opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

All this whining by the "personal freedom" crowd on here is just evidence of how weak we have become as a nation.
No one is forcing them to get a vaccine. Why would they be forcing others (business owners, teachers, doctors, nurses, people on airplanes, restaurant owners and patrons) to deal with them?

Reactions: Sope Creek
28th Amendment - Thou must do "The Right Thing" as prescribed by others opinion.
It's called a democracy for a reason . . . I look forward to seeing those campaigns based on your understanding of society. Please, please, run for office . . . .

It's called a democracy for a reason . . . I look forward to seeing those campaigns based on your understanding of society. Please, please, run for office . . . .
I have people for that. They gave one heck of a powerful example of leadership last night in Alabama.

This is fun. lol Thanks Sope.

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
All this whining by the "personal freedom" crowd on here is just evidence of how weak we have become as a nation.
No one is forcing them to get a vaccine. Why would they be forcing others (business owners, teachers, doctors, nurses, people on airplanes, restaurant owners and patrons) to deal with them?
The notion that physicians and hospitals won’t treat, or would discrimate against unvaxxed is despicable and might be illegal under the myriad of federal health care regs. . It is certainly a violation of medical ethics. A few years ago, this would have been unheard of and widely condemned . Now it’s acceptable. We live in craziness.

The notion that physicians and hospitals won’t treat, or would discrimate against unvaxxed is despicable and might be illegal under the myriad of federal health care regs. . It is certainly a violation of medical ethics. A few years ago, this would have been unheard of and widely condemned . Now it’s acceptable. We live in craziness.
I never said doctors should be able to refuse treatment to the unvaxxed. Never even hinted at it. I asked why the unvaxxed, who are all for personal liberty, would force themselves on the healthcare community that will treat them, regardless.
Nuance, baby.

Now, insurance companies, on the other hand...

I never said doctors should be able to refuse treatment to the unvaxxed. Never even hinted at it. I asked why the unvaxxed, who are all for personal liberty, would force themselves on the healthcare community that will treat them, regardless.
Nuance, baby.

not sure insurance would make much of a difference. i suspect most unvaccinated are of lower incomes and uninsured or medicaid

Nuance, baby.

I know. But since you mentioned health care, I threw the legal/ethical issue on the table. My point about refusing care to the unvaxxed stands. That should be immediately condemned, but it isn’t.

Wow...you found an anti-vax article from an anti-vax activist group. Amazing.
😴
Me big strong man. Me no need vaccine. Vaccine for pussies, not real men.

What these dipshits don’t pay attention to is the number of people hospitalized and the ease at which this virus is spread. Death rates aren’t filling the hospitals. More deaths just means more available beds. It’s the people hospitalized for days on end (and the actual number admitted) that’s the reason for the hospitals to be overfilled in some areas. You get it, yeah, you probably will survive, but will it be after your fat ass has taken up a hospital bed for 7-10 days? And will you require oxygen or suffer from blood clots for the rest of your life? I have to say, if you’re an unvaccinated f***wit who won’t wear a simple little mask or take any other precautions, I hope that is how you end up. (None of this is directed at you Bulk)

Two posts now and you still haven’t commented on the medical ethical issue of refusing treatment to the unvaxxed. About what I’d expect. Carry on.
Of course it is wrong. But in numerous counties right now there are insufficient ICU beds/staffing. So doctors are going to choose between the COVID patient, the gunshot wound, and the car accident victim as to which gets the bed and which two will have to make do.

Since COVID started some have said we need a system that slows COVID as the rate begins taxing healthcare. There are some who have argued that any effort to slow COVID is wrong and a violation of their rights.

I note some have straddled that fence refusing to say that such triage is wrong when we have options to stop it's need.

Two posts now and you still haven’t commented on the medical ethical issue of refusing treatment to the unvaxxed. About what I’d expect. Carry on.
You mean two posts after you tried to change the subject of my post, which you have failed to address? That issue? I thought it was understood that medical/ethical standards were clear that refusing care to the unvaxxed is against accepted procedure. I certainly don't advocate for withholding treatment, and I'm not sure where I gave that impression.

You know, every now and then, if you just admitted that you were full of shit on something, you would be a much more enjoyable poster. Hell, I like reading your posts as it is, and learn about topics all the time, but the icing on the cake would be the occasional admission of obvious bullshit.
I do it all the time, and look how popular I am. I bet if DANC had the balls to take me off ignore, he would enjoy my witty repartee as well.

Don't be Ed Rooney, Coh.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT