ADVERTISEMENT

18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting A COVID Vaccine

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
https://childrenshealthdefense.org/...LwAeOxIMSLBU7T_sVx_iEpqs64CgvYi7Yubz5B4PM-NEI

I don’t need all 18 of these, only 1 -

11. Overall death rate from COVID

I came to this conclusion months ago. I have zero comorbidities, why get it? Especially when getting it doesn’t keep me from infection or infecting others. I have a strong immune system but if I get it ( I believe I already had it earlier this year) I’ll deal with it. Besides, very small chance of dying from it.

I challenge you crusaders to read the above article and click on the multiple referenced links. Many like to call us names and say we are uneducated redneck Trump voters, with stupid reasons and selfish and uncaring. Nah, just simply don’t see a reason for me to get it, and many reasons not to get it. But, it only boils down to one for me - 99.74%

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/...LwAeOxIMSLBU7T_sVx_iEpqs64CgvYi7Yubz5B4PM-NEI

I came to this conclusion months ago. I have zero comorbidities, why get it? Especially when getting it doesn’t keep me from infection or infecting others. I have a strong immune system but if I get it ( I believe I already had it earlier this year) I’ll deal with it. Besides, very small chance of dying from it.

I challenge you crusaders to read the above article and click on the multiple referenced links. Many like to call us names and say we are uneducated redneck Trump voters, with stupid reasons and selfish and uncaring. Nah, just simply don’t see a reason for me to get it, and many reasons not to get it. But, it only boils down to one for me - 99.74%
Wow...you found an anti-vax article from an anti-vax activist group. Amazing.
😴

Last edited:
Do you really expect someone to sift through 18 piles of shit to point out the 87 pieces of corn?

Wow...you found an anti-vax article from an anti-vax activist group. Amazing.
😴
It's a pretty impt question tho. Apparently a vax person who is symptomatic can transmit at the same rate as an unvaccinated. So his point is accurate as to that pop. The distinction is that those who are vax and test pos but are asymptomatic don't transmit to the same degree. Therein lies the distinction and benefit of getting vaxd as related to your fellow man. There's a difference between breakthrough positive test asymptomatic and breakthrough disease.

You found an article full of shit. Congrats.

You may be unlikely to die but that doesn't mean you won't get long term complications from covid. If you like percentages, then compare the percentages of issues from covid vs issues from vaccine. You will find you are choosing the path more likely to result in issues.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bigmac76 and DANC
In addition to what others have said, about your point. Yes, people vaccinated CAN spread the disease BUT they are far less likely to spread the disease.

As to the low odds, your odds of dying in a crash are low but you wear seatbelts. Most businesses have fire and tornado drills though those disasters strike less than 1%. I do not know the percentage of police shot each year but it almost cannot be over 1% nationally yet many police wear body armor.

Think about it, we have vaccinated far more people than have been infected. Even if every complication in the database is accurate, and they are not, the numbers of dead and injured are far far less than the numbers from COVID.

And current indications are Delta is less concerned about comorbidities. Many states have more pediatric hospital cases now than during the larger December wave. More people under 50 overall as well.

In addition to what others have said, about your point. Yes, people vaccinated CAN spread the disease BUT they are far less likely to spread the disease.

As to the low odds, your odds of dying in a crash are low but you wear seatbelts. Most businesses have fire and tornado drills though those disasters strike less than 1%. I do not know the percentage of police shot each year but it almost cannot be over 1% nationally yet many police wear body armor.

Think about it, we have vaccinated far more people than have been infected. Even if every complication in the database is accurate, and they are not, the numbers of dead and injured are far far less than the numbers from COVID.

And current indications are Delta is less concerned about comorbidities. Many states have more pediatric hospital cases now than during the larger December wave. More people under 50 overall as well.
It'll be interesting to see what comes down the pike re pediatric vax recs. You know if there are interruptions this year it'll be the third academic year. Starting to become concerning

It'll be interesting to see what comes down the pike re pediatric vax recs. You know if there are interruptions this year it'll be the third academic year. Starting to become concerning
We don't want kids going into hospitals, we don't want schools stopped, we don't want measures like masking and distancing. I have no idea where we are heading, but we seem damned determined to head there without any effort to stop. I agree, disrupting learning is very bad.

Right now there is a huge experiment happening in our schools, does masking make a difference. Locally Owen County schools just dropped their mandate due to backlash. 15 miles away here in Monroe, Edgewood still has it. Will one school be able to stay open more? We will find out.

In areas of Florida right now if you need to be admitted to the hospital for anything, even heart problems, you might have to wait in line outside in the parking lot in 95 degree heat for hours. No beds, no nurses to spare. Thanks, antivaxxers!

Mo, bottom line, do you think the vaccination is more likely to harm rather than help you, or it really doesn' t matter one way or the other?

I bet you do extreme cardio too, don't you?

Reactions: bigmac76 and larsIU
In areas of Florida right now if you need to be admitted to the hospital for anything, even heart problems, you might have to wait in line outside in the parking lot in 95 degree heat for hours. No beds, no nurses to spare. Thanks, antivaxxers!
again that's idiotic. we have no idea what variants may be coming down the pike. we have no idea when this is going to end. we have no idea if herd immunity will ever be reached. provisions need to be made to begin to set up separate systems for covid and non covid patients. i understand the dearth of doctors but there are things that can be done to cheat the system from state boundaries licensure waivers to PA's to virtual care, etc. Maybe the care will be more akin to triage and not ideal but it is what it is. we're not graduating a ton of new docs any time and soon nor are we funding a bunch of residencies. Require liability/informed consent waivers for treatment. at some point kicking the can into perpetuity is a failure of our gov/healthcare systems

Reactions: ulrey and DANC
Do you really expect someone to sift through 18 piles of shit to point out the 87 pieces of corn?
No, just those who care to hear an opposing view to vaccines.
You found an article full of shit. Congrats.

You may be unlikely to die but that doesn't mean you won't get long term complications from covid. If you like percentages, then compare the percentages of issues from covid vs issues from vaccine. You will find you are choosing the path more likely to result in issues.
Point out the shit, I’m all ears. “Long term complications”? That is a possibility from getting vaxed as well. “More likely”? No offense but you sound like the CDC - no absolutes.

I am sure about a couple of things - Again, I have a strong immune system. I don’t have one comorbidity. The chances of dying are very slim, especially for someone in this category.

An "opposing view" to vaccines
An "opposing view" to gravity
An "opposing view" to a sun-centered solar system....

Facts don't really have opposing views.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Mo, bottom line, do you think the vaccination is more likely to harm rather than help you, or it really doesn' t matter one way or the other?
I don’t look at it from the negative standpoint as in which is worse for me? My only point again is - what benefit is there to getting a vaccine? Some say it will lessen the severity of Covid if you do get it, or prevent death. Additionally, you’ll be less infectious to others if you get infected.

As I said, I’m pretty sure I’ve already had it or at minimum exposed multiple times. My wife’s Mom died in June and we both stood in the family greeting line at the funeral and shook hands with and hugged a couple of hundred unmasked people. It was held in Southern Illinois where very few wear a mask. I got horribly sick while there and it continued for almost a month. As best I could, I stayed away from others and avoided work.

On infectiousness, I work for a medical device company and one of our products happens to be a rapid antigen (LFT) test, which detects the ‘infectious’ state of SARS-Cov-2. To me, and I’m obviously biased, this is the answer to almost all of the issues we face as a society when it comes to Covid. If everyone can be infectious regardless of vax status, then we should all be tested regularly. If infected, stay home for two weeks. Simple. My wife works for a top Pharma company and this is their strategy for those working on site. But, we went away from offense (testing, treatments) and went to defense (vaccines), and our strategy is proving to have holes in it (multiple variants).

Last edited:
As I said, I’m pretty sure I’ve already had it or at minimum exposed multiple times. My wife’s Mom died in June and we both stood in the family greeting line at the funeral and shook the hands and hugged a couple of hundred unmasked people. It was held in Southern Illinois where very few wear a mask. I got horribly sick while there and it continued for almost a month. As best I could, I stayed away from others and avoided work.
Dude, my wife's grandma died in June (over 100 yo) and funeral was in S. Ill.
If we are related...:oops:

I don't really care what you do.... as long as you aren't allowed on a plane, in a restaurant, on a bus, or in any other public place.

I don't really care what you do.... as long as you aren't allowed on a plane, in a restaurant, on a bus, or in any other public place.
I could say the same for you.

Have you not heard what's happening in Israel? Do you read independent studies? The breakthroughs are real and the asymptomatic infectious state of the vaxed is also real. Why do you think they are telling the vaxed to social distance and wear masks?

Reactions: ulrey
Dude, my wife's grandma died in June (over 100 yo) and funeral was in S. Ill.
If we are related...:oops:
lol...my mother-in-law was only 78. Had severe heart complications for the last 15 years or so. Finally took its toll. Still tough for my wife losing her.

I could say the same for you.

Have you not heard what's happening in Israel? Do you read independent studies? The breakthroughs are real and the asymptomatic infectious state of the vaxed is also real. Why do you think they are telling the vaxed to social distance and wear masks?

Yes I have read most of them, new data is constantly evolving, as you'd expect.

Vaccinated people of course can have breakthrough infections.... that's common sense. It's irrelevant, they aren't ones filling hospitals.

Vaccination status isn't a protected class. Feel free to do what you want. Just be prepared not to be allowed access.

I trust DATA, not opinions.
Huh, how many times have findings, discoveries, data been released in the scientific world only to be disproven or modified later. You continue to speak in certainties that do not exist - politics comes before science for you. For a
”scientist” your understanding of data & the scientific process is laughable…

It's sad to think you are afraid of a needle jab. But, if you decide not to get it and get sick, don't you dare use any professional medical help.

Reactions: UncleMark
Huh, how many times have findings, discoveries, data been released in the scientific world only to be disproven or modified later. You continue to speak in certainties that do not exist - politics comes before science for you. For a
”scientist” your understanding of data & the scientific process is laughable…
It's pretty obvious the guy is a blowhard who has a political agenda.

Anyone who believes he's some scientific expert is a fool.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
No, just those who care to hear an opposing view to vaccines.

Point out the shit, I’m all ears. “Long term complications”? That is a possibility from getting vaxed as well. “More likely”? No offense but you sound like the CDC - no absolutes.

I am sure about a couple of things - Again, I have a strong immune system. I don’t have one comorbidity. The chances of dying are very slim, especially for someone in this category.

Good luck

Yes I have read most of them, new data is constantly evolving, as you'd expect.

Vaccinated people of course can have breakthrough infections.... that's common sense. It's irrelevant, they aren't ones filling hospitals.

Vaccination status isn't a protected class. Feel free to do what you want. Just be prepared not to be allowed access.
Agree....new data is constantly evolving. So, @outside shooter is incorrect in saying the vaccine data is set in stone.

This is solid data though - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

LA County 10.04 million people
1.3 million SARS-COV-2 cases
.12 (chance of contracting SARS-COV-2)
25,032 SARS-COV-2 deaths
.019 (chance of dying from SARS-COV-2, if infected)

We've been dealing with this since February, 2020 - 1 1/2 years.

Another interesting solid stat from the same table -

Over that same period, LA County deaths from causes other than SARS-COV-2: 458,571

Reactions: DANC
Imagine a gun with a thousand chambers. 997 are empty, 3 have bullets.

Second gun has a million chambers, 3 have bullets.

Which one do you put to your head? This is the math that I can't understand the anti-vaxxers not getting....
With this strategy, you'd never leave your house in the morning.

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."...FDR

Agree....new data is constantly evolving. So, @outside shooter is incorrect in saying the vaccine data is set in stone.

This is solid data though - https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

LA County 10.04 million people
1.3 million SARS-COV-2 cases
.12 (chance of contracting SARS-COV-2)
25,032 SARS-COV-2 deaths
.019 (chance of dying from SARS-COV-2, if infected)

We've been dealing with this since February, 2020 - 1 1/2 years.

Another interesting solid stat from the same table -

Over that same period, LA County deaths from causes other than SARS-COV-2: 458,571

I don't think death is the only thing to worry about. I have a friend that was on a vent last summer (mid 50s).... his recovery was long and very hard. Even a year later he doesn't seem the same person, to me, with muscle loss and less general stamina in life. I don't get why you wouldn't avoid that situation if at all possible. But anti- vax people have always been peculiar to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT