ADVERTISEMENT

18 Reasons I Won’t Be Getting A COVID Vaccine

Why should medical personnel have to undergo the strain of having to make those decisions? Or of potentially getting sick themselves? Or undergoing the strain of more patients than they're prepared for?

Seems to me that ability to discriminate based on vaxxed/unvaxxed is a natural outcome of people's decisions not to get vaxxed.

Somewhere else someone mentioned that evangelical protestants were the most likely group to object to vaccination for COVID . . . my guess is that this is an embodiment of their rejection of science generally . . . .

Goes with the territory

When tornadoes and hurricanes and volcanoes and epidemics and pandemics and wars and shit happen, "triage" requires well-trained medical personnel - not whiny weak social justice warriors

Doesn't mean I support it - got my third Moderna today

But treating sick people, psychos, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc - and sometimes deciding who lives and who dies - and certainly watching people die and risking sickness and death - its all part of medicine. Treating ebola risks ebola - but folks do it.

And the folks who made Covid a political issue in January 2020 - which is the main reason there is disunity on vaccines and masks now - they have this blood on their hands. The Trump/anti-Trump battles - like all else - has unintended consequences - and unintended consequences sometimes are worse than they original problem.

Goes with the territory

When tornadoes and hurricanes and volcanoes and epidemics and pandemics and wars and shit happen, "triage" requires well-trained medical personnel - not whiny weak social justice warriors

But treating sick people, psychos, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc - and sometimes deciding who lives and who dies - and certainly watching people die and risking sickness and death - its all part of medicine. Treating ebola risks ebola - but folks do it.

And the folks who made Covid a political issue in January 2020 - which is the main reason there is disunity on vaccines and masks now - they have this blood on their hands. The Trump/anti-Trump battles - like all else - has unintended consequences - and unintended consequences sometimes are worse than they original problem.
Glad you got a booster . . . lemme know if it makes a difference in your decisions. MrsSope and I might head out if the booster lends to managing risks more effectively.

Ebola . . . not everyone treats Ebola. I'm still getting pleas for money from Docs Without Borders because I made a contribution when they went in and helped contain an Ebola outbreak in Africa . . . and one patient came to Emory here in Atlanta for treatment . . . part of the solution there was getting the public to change their behavior. Prior to the change, as per local custom and ritual, folks were washing the dead - who'd died from Ebola - which transmitted the disease to the washer. Apparently, they trusted the science brought in by furriners more than our evangelical population does.

As for making COVID into a political issue, take that bag to where it belongs. Trump did that from the beginning . . . trying to suppress needed testing so as to appear that COVID wasn't as bad as it was. And so on . . . .

I'll let the medical experts sort out the protocol for making this decision. For me, there'd be two factors . . . first, whether the patient had been vaccinated (and whether the vaccinations were complete or not) and second, whether the person had COVID.

I suspect that the protocol would be time consuming, which would weigh in favor of Marv's nondiscrimination position . . .

. . . nevertheless, I think this should be looked at.
The suggestion is not workable.

Sometimes, it takes two days to get a Covid test result; sometimes it takes 30 minutes. Apparently, this depends on backlog, priority of other patients and other factors.

If a patient shows up in distress at an ER, they won't wait two days (or even 30 minutes) to begin some sort of treatment. They'll slip a vent on him or do something else if they have personnel available.

Some of the Covid treatments involve injections of "bamlanivimab, made by Eli Lilly; and a combination of casirivimab and imdevimab, made by Regeneron."

So, how many of these ER patients that have previously refused to accept an injection of vaccine supposedly because they don't know what's in it, will accept an injection of "bamlanivimab" or "a combination of casirivimab and imdevimab" even though there's no way they know what's in those either?

Correct answer: a bunch.

Under job requirements on all employment applications for politicians you'll find the following boxes, which are to checked:

1. Huge ego
2. Narcissistic prick
3. Lying, feckless low-life
4. Money-grubbing whore.
Is that a reason for others who might actually be qualified not to seek the job? I'm trying to figure out why we have such underwhelming options.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Glad you got a booster . . . lemme know if it makes a difference in your decisions. MrsSope and I might head out if the booster lends to managing risks more effectively.

Ebola . . . not everyone treats Ebola. I'm still getting pleas for money from Docs Without Borders because I made a contribution when they went in and helped contain an Ebola outbreak in Africa . . . and one patient came to Emory here in Atlanta for treatment . . . part of the solution there was getting the public to change their behavior. Prior to the change, as per local custom and ritual, folks were washing the dead - who'd died from Ebola - which transmitted the disease to the washer. Apparently, they trusted the science brought in by furriners more than our evangelical population does.

As for making COVID into a political issue, take that bag to where it belongs. Trump did that from the beginning . . . trying to suppress needed testing so as to appear that COVID wasn't as bad as it was. And so on . . . .
My guess is your bride is probably now eligible for the third - see my "quirk" post and check the CDC website - it had the new guidelines and even a "find a vaccine" app. I found one at a Walgreens 1.9 miles away from my house that took walk-ins. I was there about an hour.

Goes with the territory

How did you get a booster so early? You know somebody who knows somebody who found them after they fell off a truck?

The mob never forgets . . .

Is that a reason for others who might actually be qualified not to seek the job? I'm trying to figure out why we have such underwhelming options.
I think truly good, smart, successful people don’t want the open book of they and their families lives from the day they were born.

The press and the other party are going to try and destroy you if you run.

How did you get a booster so early? You know somebody who knows somebody who found them after they fell off a truck?

The mob never forgets . . .

See my "quirk" post

Apparently CDC now says "immunocompromised" can/should get a third shot - which is somehow different than a "booster"

And they added my category - folks who take immunosuppressant drugs - to the definition of "immunocompromised"

I'm officially sick enough to get well!

amen-preach.gif

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I missed the news that hospitals are being overwhelmed by cycling morons who are not wearing helmets.

Yeah, yeah, nuance..
Whatever. The struggles in how to allocate health care will become more pronounced. Having served on a hospital medical ethics panel for a number of years, I don’t think fault or blame of the patient has ever been a factor. I think we should all be concerned about this. Having some bureau decide medical treatment based upon the fault of the patient scares me. There won’t be any appeal from an unjust decision.

Last edited:
I think truly good, smart, successful people don’t want the open book of they and their families lives from the day they were born.

The press and the other party are going to try and destroy you if you run.

The palms you have to grease. The principles you have to abandon or which are compromised or extorted away. The scum with whom you must work and obey.

Next best thing to having a good time.

See my "quirk" post

Apparently CDC now says "immunocompromised" can/should get a third shot - which is somehow different than a "booster"

And they added my category - folks who take immunosuppressant drugs - to the definition of "immunocompromised"

I'm officially sick enough to get well!

amen-preach.gif

"Congratulations" just doesn't quite seem appropriate . . I guess.

Goes with the territory

Many localities have issued warnings that no help will be provided during a hurricane emergency. Is that wrong?

Yes, doctors have to make tough calls, that doesn't mean they have to enjoy watching death. Typically we do what we can to avoid them. We have building codes to try to make buildings safer, we spend money to track severe weather to warn, we require seatbelts and air bags, BASE jumping is largely illegal, we require insurance companies to provide treatments like colonscopies to try and prevent fatal conditions, we have all sort of worker safety requirements, clean air and water requirements.

For some reason some of us don't give a damn about how many die from this, and our medical people should suck it up and enjoy the challenge.

The suggestion is not workable.

Sometimes, it takes two days to get a Covid test result; sometimes it takes 30 minutes. Apparently, this depends on backlog, priority of other patients and other factors.

If a patient shows up in distress at an ER, they won't wait two days (or even 30 minutes) to begin some sort of treatment. They'll slip a vent on him or do something else if they have personnel available.

Some of the Covid treatments involve injections of "bamlanivimab, made by Eli Lilly; and a combination of casirivimab and imdevimab, made by Regeneron."

So, how many of these ER patients that have previously refused to accept an injection of vaccine supposedly because they don't know what's in it, will accept an injection of "bamlanivimab" or "a combination of casirivimab and imdevimab" even though there's no way they know what's in those either?

Correct answer: a bunch.
OK, so we need to graft on a PR expert as part of the medical team tasked with coming up with the protocol.

BTW, one interesting side note from The Fifth Risk was a woman who identified how people behaved in response to an extreme weather threat as a risk inherent to weather forecasting. It wasn't enough to advise of the weather risk and potential impacts . . . Kim Klokcow came to the realization that folks weren't motivated by the potential impacts of a tornado . . . they had been through so many impact notifications that they'd become (ahem) immune to them. "[Tornado] sirens had become fake news."* The government needed to find ways to make the impact statements and tornado warnings feel real to the people threatened by tornadoes, so they'd take action to save themselves. The story of how this happened is a helluva read.

* The Fifth Risk, Michael Lewis, Norton, 2018, p. 208.

In areas of Florida right now if you need to be admitted to the hospital for anything, even heart problems, you might have to wait in line outside in the parking lot in 95 degree heat for hours. No beds, no nurses to spare. Thanks, antivaxxers!
Idiotic!

The medical staffing issue was paramount well before the deceivers renamed types A and B influenza as 'novel' and constructed the con called 'pandemic'.

• Haha
I don't think death is the only thing to worry about. I have a friend that was on a vent last summer (mid 50s).... his recovery was long and very hard. Even a year later he doesn't seem the same person, to me, with muscle loss and less general stamina in life. I don't get why you wouldn't avoid that situation if at all possible. But anti- vax people have always been peculiar to me.
The jab doesn't help anyone avoid the illness or complications.

• Haha
The palms you have to grease. The principles you have to abandon or which are compromised or extorted away. The scum with whom you must work and obey.

Next best thing to having a good time.

I would add an honest person who tells the truth of what needs to be done cannot get elected.

We now have 30-40% or more of this country that feel they aren’t responsible for taking care of themselves. They’re victims and their station in life is someone else’s fault.

We’re going to start teaching our black kids that the white kids are natural racists and if anything bad happens to them, the white kids caused it.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
My guess is your bride is probably now eligible for the third - see my "quirk" post and check the CDC website - it had the new guidelines and even a "find a vaccine" app. I found one at a Walgreens 1.9 miles away from my house that took walk-ins. I was there about an hour.
She ain't in a hurry . . . she's seen enough docs and needles, and docs and scalpels, to suit her.

There is no purpose or limiting principle to further widespread sacrifices for the vaccinated. The virus is endemic and not going away. There is no magical thing to wait for that will change things because the vaccines are already here and available to everyone 12 and over.

Unvaccinated kids under 12 are at less risk from Covid-19 than vaccinated adults. So waiting on kids to be vaccinated, might help a little, but isn't significant

Reactions: DANC
We now have 30-40% or more of this country that feel they aren’t responsible for taking care of themselves. They’re victims and their station in life is someone else’s fault.

30-40%? That's all? Go out to your golfing group and talk about undoing the farm subsidies sometime and see what reaction you get from any farmers in your group.

I did that at a family reunion in Missouri once . . . haven't been invited back.

And I was just wanting to start a conversation among the silent types . . . .

Reactions: Spartans9312
Weren't you the guy who raised perceived lifestyle issues - obesity, diabetes, etc. - as reasons to withhold health care? I'm certain it was you . . . .
I never said we should withhold medical care from them. If you are talking about this subject, I posed the question to the advocates of withholding, or limiting, care for the unvaxxed about how they would look at medical care for others who are victims of their own bad choices. That is where I also mentioned bike helmets.

Many localities have issued warnings that no help will be provided during a hurricane emergency. Is that wrong?

Yes, doctors have to make tough calls, that doesn't mean they have to enjoy watching death. Typically we do what we can to avoid them. We have building codes to try to make buildings safer, we spend money to track severe weather to warn, we require seatbelts and air bags, BASE jumping is largely illegal, we require insurance companies to provide treatments like colonscopies to try and prevent fatal conditions, we have all sort of worker safety requirements, clean air and water requirements.

For some reason some of us don't give a damn about how many die from this, and our medical people should suck it up and enjoy the challenge.
Vaccinated people do not cause busy ICUs

During the actual hurricane, yes, they stand down. I’m OK with it. But that is different than medicine too. The hospitals in New Orleans did not close for Katrina.

Almost all of your examples are - as we say in the legal profession - limited to their facts.

I never said they should enjoy watching people die. Cheap comment on your part. And hospitals that are full can and will turn away people. And people who did not get a vaccine when they could took their chances voluntarily.

but all of that is also different tHan hospitals complaining about having to provide healthcare during during a pandemic. Or like police complaint about having to deal with “mostly peaceful” protesters who then become rioters.

truth is most of the bitching about folks who chose not to take a vaccine is political wrangling, as is most of the choices to forego the vaccine

folks who see it as a purely medical decision don’t spend much time arguing either side

folks who‘s opinions were politicized over Trump feel different

everybody has the right to make their own choice - my choice is none of their business and there is none of mine

if you have an at risk family member then get em vaccinated and the non- vaccinated can’t harm them, right? So why bitch at the non-vaccinated?
I'd consider voting for you.

The verb is consider.
i am The Reasonable Man

30-40%? That's all? Go out to your golfing group and talk about undoing the farm subsidies sometime and see what reaction you get from any farmers in your group.

I did that at a family reunion in Missouri once . . . haven't been invited back.

And I was just wanting to start a conversation among the silent types . . . .
Subsidizing crop insurance for farmers and farm subsidies should be dealt with.

No farmers in my golf group.

The result of getting rid of those subsidies will be higher food prices.

During the actual hurricane, yes, they stand down. I’m OK with it. But that is different than medicine too. The hospitals in New Orleans did not close for Katrina.

Almost all of your examples are - as we say in the legal profession - limited to their facts.

I never said they should enjoy watching people die. Cheap comment on your part. And hospitals that are full can and will turn away people. And people who did not get a vaccine when they could took their chances voluntarily.

but all of that is also different tHan hospitals complaining about having to provide healthcare during during a pandemic. Or like police complaint about having to deal with “mostly peaceful” protesters who then become rioters.

truth is most of the bitching about folks who chose not to take a vaccine is political wrangling, as is most of the choices to forego the vaccine

folks who see it as a purely medical decision don’t spend much time arguing either side

folks who‘s opinions were politicized over Trump feel different

everybody has the right to make their own choice - my choice is none of their business and there is none of mine

if you have an at risk family member then get em vaccinated and the non- vaccinated can’t harm them, right? So why bitch at the non-vaccinated?

i am The Reasonable Man
The truth is that vaccinated people get sick, make each other sick, and as of today make up the majority of hospitalized, and the majority, by a large percentage, of the severe influenza cases in UK and Israel.

I'm saddened that so many good and decent people will be victimized by this scam...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT