ADVERTISEMENT

Will we land some big recruits?

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
I was expecting us to land some big name guys by now. I’ve noticed that Rutgers has been cleaning up recently. They have 4 or 5 top 300 guys already committed.

I was expecting us to land some big name guys by now. I’ve noticed that Rutgers has been cleaning up recently. They have 4 or 5 top 300 guys already committed.
With Schiano one year into his regime at Rutgers, there is a lot of roster latitude. guys who don't fit the system and not recruited by him leaving, a lot of open spots. Schiano as the new shiny object promising opportunity for playing time. That works for a couple of years until the guys he recruited Who thought they were bullet proof find that guys recruited in subsequent classes want to work harder than them to become better, and they don't get the playing time they thought they would receive. That's what the transfer Portal is for.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Yeah, I thought we would have some more commitments at this time. It’s a long time until signing day, I am sure we will do well.

I think we'll all end up pleasantly surprised by this class and the next... Just from what I've seen from open source sites it would appear that we are in on some heavy hitters that probably wouldn't have even looked our way 5 years ago...

Check out this SI article:

The rest of the country has become aware of INDIANA Football...

I'd like to have more commits, but I don't think It's CTA's style to press for early commitments before a visit, now that visits are possible.

Per Peegs, right now we have 19 prospects visiting in June, Including the present commit. None of them are borderline prospects. All have at least several P5 offers, as far as I can recall. Now....there are some guys on my prospect list that don't have numerous P5 offers, but they aren't the ones scheduled to visit. If we end up with commits from 5-7 kids who are scheduled to visit we would be off to a good start in '22.

We did land a college All American transfer at safety, does that count?

One thing slowing things down some is there is a lot of uncertainty in the recruiting world about how the COVID rules will impact everything. We don’t even know how many scholarships are available right now for ‘22 so a lot is up in the air but I think we will land some quality kids.

A quick count shows about 22 juniors who have just been granted an extra year (‘22) but scholarship limits are the same. The bottom line is the way the current rules read we only have ships to replace the ones who aren’t back (and there are many ways that “aren’t back” could happen, including the university choosing not to grant financial aide for an additional year - have seen no info about this either way). In theory we are already over signed by one kid in that ‘22 class. It’s messy.

Last edited:
We did land a college All American transfer at safety, does that count?

One thing slowing things down some is there is a lot of uncertainty in the recruiting world about how the COVID rules will impact everything. We don’t even know how many scholarships are available right now for ‘22 so a lot is up in the air but I think we will land some quality kids.

When did we land a safety transfer?

The transfers we landed were Matthews from Florida State, Carpenter from Michigan and Anderson from Ole Miss.

None of them play safety.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
When did we land a safety transfer?

The transfers we landed were Matthews from Florida State, Carpenter from Michigan and Anderson from Ole Miss.

None of them play safety.
I thought we had landed Tykee Smith but I must have misread the thread on the pay board.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT