ADVERTISEMENT

IU recruits and the portal next year.

He’s a 6th man. When put in the starting position he just is t consistent. Great energy guy off the bench tho.
If he could actually shoot or create shots other than just driving .. it would change everything, he'd be all conference. Everything else is good enough... but ..no middy, no 3 .. too easy to guard .

False. He'd be drafted on potential alone.
You really need to pay attention. Though the NBA does draft on potential they see 100+ players ahead of him in that aspect currently .. he started out this year as a mid to late prospect and with his play has dropped off the charts.

He's a shooter who can't create his own shot, poor handle, but that can be fixed ... He doesn't have the extreme measurables they want so he has to show some higher level of BB IQ which he hasn't done.. He'd also have to show he could defend at that level, and so far he hasn't done that either.

Things change though ... so ..

Last edited:
In nba terms, he is a below average athlete. Does he even have a dunk this year? Doesn’t have a good motor. Poor lateral movement and below avg defender. Doesn’t rebound. Not a great ballhandler. Doesn’t see the court well. Yes, he can shoot. But he would be a 4 in the nba. He will never be able to guard nba 4s. And he would get embarrassed trying to guard 3s.
He is a poor man’s Watford, except Watford could rebound. And Watford never sniffed the nba.
That said, he could still be a good college player. But no nba team is looking at MM as having great potential.
5 grand he signs with an nba team next year? Put the money in a fund till it happens? We can give the money to a poster on here we both trust.

Reactions: bailey777
I have very high regard for Watford.
Wats biggest flaw was his speed ... MM is far quicker, though still not considered quick and still not able to play at his full speed yet. That will come with time and comfort.

Plus we remember Wat the Jr Sr ... Mack is a freshman 2/3 the way through his first year.

When people talk about adjusting to the speed of the game, it's not just the opposing speed they need to adjust to, it's also figuring out what speed they can play at. Right now for MM nothing is habit or reaction, he's still thinking, which makes him slow. With his physical build lack of extreme athleticism, he needs to either become a very good positional defender and/or develop some moves off the dribble.

5 grand he signs with an nba team next year? Put the money in a fund till it happens? We can give the money to a poster on here we both trust.
Man you should check that .. not saying it can't happen but no way I'd make that bet ..

fwiw - he not only dropped out of this years draft projections with his play but also next years. That's a very telling sign...

He's very raw skills wise ... HS coach did him no favors in development and to get signed you gotta either be highly skilled or extremely gifted physically. He's neither at this point.

Wats biggest flaw was his speed ... MM is far quicker, though still not considered quick and still not able to play at his full speed yet. That will come with time and comfort.

Plus we remember Wat the Jr Sr ... Mack is a freshman 2/3 the way through his first year.

When people talk about adjusting to the speed of the game, it's not just the opposing speed they need to adjust to, it's also figuring out what speed they can play at. Right now for MM nothing is habit or reaction, he's still thinking, which makes him slow. With his physical build lack of extreme athleticism, he needs to either become a very good positional defender and/or develop some moves off the dribble.
He has put the ball on the floor much more in the last month or so and is getting to the rim. Also his offense rebounding is getting better, meaning he’s getting more engaged.

He has developed quite a bit since he has been here and I except it to continue through the year. No brainer for a team to sign him, nothing to lose.

As of right now Reneau, Cupps. Mgbako, McNeeley are the only guys I want on the team or deserve to be. We need shooters to help Reneau. Time to tear it down and reloaded.
We couldn’t fill all the scholarships for this season. You really think this staff can go out and add 8-9 guys?? Woody’s already using the excuse he’s still getting to know his ball club. Can you imagine the talk if we turnover that many players?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Man you should check that .. not saying it can't happen but no way I'd make that bet ..

fwiw - he not only dropped out of this years draft projections with his play but also next years.

He's very raw skills wise ... HS coach did him no favors and to get signed you gotta either be highly skilled or extremely gifted physically. He's neither at this point.
So many dudes get signed. Not saying he’s gonna get drafted but it isn’t hard to make the g league when you are a freshmen McDonald’s all American. People will roll the dice

So many dudes get signed. Not saying he’s gonna get drafted but it isn’t hard to make the g league when you are a freshmen McDonald’s all American. People will roll the dice
I’m not going to gamble 5k that he will sign. It doesn’t take much to get signed. You can get signed, try out, and get cut all in one week. But I will bet you 5k that he will not spend time on an nba roster next yr.
Or I will bet you 5k that he will not get drafted.
Several international players and g league ignite players will make up the next draft.

We couldn’t fill all the scholarships for this season.

Kansas is playing with 9 scholarship players this year, one of them was a FWO they gave a scholly to. The bench is weak, and one injury to a key starter could hurt them badly. According to your rationalized standard they must be 4 times as incompetent as you make our staff out to be.

Please STFU with your BS .. we suck currently, leave it at that, the reasons why are probably beyond you and cherry picking trivial shit doesn't make you seem rational at all.

And the nba couldn’t care less that he was a McDonalds AA. It means nothing.

He has put the ball on the floor much more in the last month or so and is getting to the rim. Also his offense rebounding is getting better, meaning he’s getting more engaged.

He has developed quite a bit since he has been here and I except it to continue through the year. No brainer for a team to sign him, nothing to lose.
Man, I know he's getting to the rim more ... but ... you know ball ... that weak shit ain't gonna fly. He doesn't have any moves ...

Reactions: Spartans9312
Right now he's just a shooter and really doesn't offer much else. It's a really weak draft this year, weak drafts are harder to predict and tend to have more movement. So, we'll see ..
And that’s why some predictors have Edey in the lotto.

And that’s why some predictors have Edey in the lotto.
He's also done a good job improving his speed and showing he can be effective at times moving away from the basket, on offense .. still can't guard but plays position D almost perfectly. which isn't hard because the rim doesn't move. lol ...

Yeah, every year mocks and projections start with mostly highly ranked underclassman. This year the incoming recruiting class was found to be so weak and underwhelming that many of them, only after a few games, dropped off the damn cliff

Edey went from mid 2nd to lottery in a month of play that wasn't much better than last year..

This is a good year for older guys who are just outside the line to make huge late season runs and work their way in.

And the nba couldn’t care less that he was a McDonalds AA. It means nothing.
It will mean enough for him to get a shot. That and watching him this year. I am not saying he will get drafted, though he easily could. I am saying if any team says they will give him a shot, he is gone. Which is about a 99% probability IMO.

Man, I know he's getting to the rim more ... but ... you know ball ... that weak shit ain't gonna fly. He doesn't have any moves ...
I think he is going to get a lot better still. He obviously had shitty coaching in HS. He has a lot of room to develop. I have no idea if he will stick in the NBA, but they will give him a shot for sure.

I think he is going to get a lot better still. He obviously had shitty coaching in HS. He has a lot of room to develop. I have no idea if he will stick in the NBA, but they will give him a shot for sure.
Why the rush to go then?

Man, I really have tried to at least give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are one royal pain in the ass and not very bright about all things IU. You may have answered this question where your so-called expertise coming from, did you graduate or attend an IU campus, what levels did you coach or play or do you just like throwing crap out there and see what comes from it.

I openly have shared I am an IU alum, 24/7 sports fan, cheering Hoosiers since young in the late 60's and avid fan with an opinion but you really almost make me want to pay for premium again

There is alot if IU fans who share my opinion. I don't need to put my resume on here. Rick Bozich has even said Gunn, and Banks should leave.
We couldn’t fill all the scholarships for this season. You really think this staff can go out and add 8-9 guys?? Woody’s already using the excuse he’s still getting to know his ball club. Can you imagine the talk if we turnover that many players?
Your actually right. That's even more reason we should take the keys away from him.

Man, I really have tried to at least give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are one royal pain in the ass and not very bright about all things IU. You may have answered this question where your so-called expertise coming from, did you graduate or attend an IU campus, what levels did you coach or play or do you just like throwing crap out there and see what comes from it.

I openly have shared I am an IU alum, 24/7 sports fan, cheering Hoosiers since young in the late 60's and avid fan with an opinion but you really almost make me want to pay for premium again.
Do u want my resume? I just watched Coyles podcast and Rick Bozich said Gunn and Banks should move on the same has been said on Assembly Call. Also Evans, Elston, Watford, Hillman, Dakitch have all said they don't know what the hell Woodson is doing and don't support him as coach and there former players is that enough credit for you.

Reactions: bailey777
Yeah just shit on Trey, right? Dumbass.
And you rather have Galloway back as a starter? I'm sorry he is a 6th man if he wants to come back and be 6th man hell yea but I doubt he want to come off the bench for a 5th year. IU needs shooters if we keep Mgbako with Reneau, and McNeely we got great parts just need to sure up shooting.

People seem to think the portal easy as pie. You just snatch 8 good players no problem yet we couldn't get one guard last year

Reactions: Bippy
You should take the 5k bet!
All talk no action. If I quoted all the dudes he said that wouldn’t get drafted over the years it might approach 100 names he was wrong on. Again, no1 said he would get drafted. Possibility sure, but just needs to be signed and he’s gone.

Do u want my resume? I just watched Coyles podcast and Rick Bozich said Gunn and Banks should move on the same has been said on Assembly Call. Also Evans, Elston, Watford, Hillman, Dakitch have all said they don't know what the hell Woodson is doing and don't support him as coach and there former players is that enough credit for you.
Your right I don't really care about your resume and yes, I am concerned about what former players say except Dakich. There is a lot to be concerned about, but you are worse than a politician or a politician supporter that just keeps trumpeting the latest talking points. At least use some actual facts once in a while to go along with your opinion outside of I am just like many fans.

What I will promise is not to respond to your posts anymore and just ignore posts.

Reactions: ndhuntington
MM: Started the year as likely being drafted, but now he’s fallen off the charts. Yet, he has improved as the season has gone on.

So, to me, the question is in his mind was IU a mistake? The best thing he could do for his draft status would be to turn back the clock and erase his time here.

He has one goal it seems. I have to think it’s reasonable to assume he’s a prime candidate for the portal.

In nba terms, he is a below average athlete. Does he even have a dunk this year? Doesn’t have a good motor. Poor lateral movement and below avg defender. Doesn’t rebound. Not a great ballhandler. Doesn’t see the court well. Yes, he can shoot. But he would be a 4 in the nba. He will never be able to guard nba 4s. And he would get embarrassed trying to guard 3s.
He is a poor man’s Watford, except Watford could rebound. And Watford never sniffed the nba.
That said, he could still be a good college player. But no nba team is looking at MM as having great potential.
Why are you so low on the kid when he has 3 1/2 years left. He is not even 20.

And you rather have Galloway back as a starter? I'm sorry he is a 6th man if he wants to come back and be 6th man hell yea but I doubt he want to come off the bench for a 5th year. IU needs shooters if we keep Mgbako with Reneau, and McNeely we got great parts just need to sure up shooting.
I wouldn’t promise anything but that’s not what your post said.

fwiw - he not only dropped out of this years draft projections with his play but also next years. That's a very telling sign...

He's very raw skills wise ... HS coach did him no favors in development and to get signed you gotta either be highly skilled or extremely gifted physically. He's neither at this point.
He said "signed" not drafted. And, I'm guessing he's including "signed to a summer league roster". His shot is coming around, but not a great athlete in the NBA and too many holes in his game. I don't see anyway an NBA or G League team is paying him to be on their roster in the fall of this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT