ADVERTISEMENT

The Positives

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
In spite of my concerns about the play of some of our Portal transfers last night there's still much to be Positive about:

1) Cignetti, He knows how to coach and his record speaks for itself... (and the fact that he wasn't involved with JMU's Bowl prep may explain some of their struggles)
2) Our OC and our QB coaches can both flat out coach and recruit...
3) Bostad is back, which means we have a legit shot at putting a Big Ten quality OL on the field by game 4 next Fall...
4) our new DC can coach and having been a really good LB knows the importance of getting off blocks and wrapping up when tackling and how to teach it...
5) our DL coach is solid
6) we should see some serious competition in the weight room and on the practice field over the next few months...
7) we still have a shot at up to 5 more Portal guys who should be able to help us, along with possibly another 2 or 3 in April...

There's a lot more but I need to move on...

Merry Christmas !!!

In spite of my concerns about the play of some of our Portal transfers last night there's still much to be Positive about:

1) Cignetti, He knows how to coach and his record speaks for itself... (and the fact that he wasn't involved with JMU's Bowl prep may explain some of their struggles)
2) Our OC and our QB coaches can both flat out coach and recruit...
3) Bostad is back, which means we have a legit shot at putting a Big Ten quality OL on the field by game 4 next Fall...
4) our new DC can coach and having been a really good LB knows the importance of getting off blocks and wrapping up when tackling and how to teach it...
5) our DL coach is solid
6) we should see some serious competition in the weight room and on the practice field over the next few months...
7) we still have a shot at up to 5 more Portal guys who should be able to help us, along with possibly another 2 or 3 in April...

There's a lot more but I need to move on...

Merry Christmas !!!
You are right about a lot of positives going on for IUFB right now. Merry Christmas to all.

Does anyone have a feel for when the rankings of the incoming groups will be? It will be interesting to see where our various head coaches and their classes are ranked by others.

Reactions: red hornet
Does anyone have a feel for when the rankings of the incoming groups will be? It will be interesting to see where our various head coaches and their classes are ranked by others.
247 has us 19

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT