ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Record

Jssanto

All-American
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I’m curious what everyone feels about the first season under the new coach. Pre portal, Ithink we would give a coach 3-4 years to bring in recruits and develop their strength and skills. With the portal, should we see quicker gains?
So in year one of CCC, is 4 wins enough? 1-2 big ten wins? What is realistic and fair?

I think the Vegas line at 5.5 is fair. I would be buying 4 til the cows come home.

With the schedule this year I see seven or more wins with a very good coaching staff. As long as the players buy into what this staff sales, reports say they are, then last year's close losses will be wins this year. Very good QB play will make a huge difference this year.

4 wins or less = crap, here we go again
5 wins = guess I can try to sugar coat it
6 wins = it's a start
7 wins or more =

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

I’m curious what everyone feels about the first season under the new coach. Pre portal, Ithink we would give a coach 3-4 years to bring in recruits and develop their strength and skills. With the portal, should we see quicker gains?
So in year one of CCC, is 4 wins enough? 1-2 big ten wins? What is realistic and fair?
Carnac the magnificent says 6. 7 with a bowl win.

QB play and proper game management will win us the games we SHOULD have won last year, and maybe one or two we would have played spoilers.

Better QB play and game management could have made week 1 against O$U a different story.
Louisville, Michigan St. Illinois, and Purdue were winnable games that were poorly managed.
Penn State looked beatable until we beat ourselves.

I can't help it. I'm buying what Cig is selling. No nonsense. Wins wherever he goes. I didn't need to Google him.

10 wins is a pipe dream, but not entirely crazy. 7-8 is more realistic. If I were a betting man, I'd take the over on the Vegas line.

QB play and proper game management will win us the games we SHOULD have won last year, and maybe one or two we would have played spoilers.

Better QB play and game management could have made week 1 against O$U a different story.
Louisville, Michigan St. Illinois, and Purdue were winnable games that were poorly managed.
Penn State looked beatable until we beat ourselves.

I can't help it. I'm buying what Cig is selling. No nonsense. Wins wherever he goes. I didn't need to Google him.

10 wins is a pipe dream, but not entirely crazy. 7-8 is more realistic. If I were a betting man, I'd take the over on the Vegas line.
I'll add better preparation and efficient practices with proper conditioning as a reason we will be much better. I would like to hear Coach Cig comment on what he saw when he got here and the leading reasons the program was stuck in last place.

Cig has said he is using the players that followed him to IU to change how they work and prepare for the season and how they conduct themselves. I believe he has picked up what we've all seen that there is a culture of failure that has made players fold up when things went bad. I can see us winning 6 games easily if we can change the culture. I like the players we have brought in and we need them all to change the script.

Last edited:
The schedule is better setup for IU this year. That team had enough last year for 6 wins. Bad coaching. Cig is a superior coach and has already at least put enough together to beat Vegas at 5.5. I’m going 6 wins to beat Vegas. He might get one more.

The schedule is better setup for IU this year.
8-5 with a bowl win.
Cignetti is going to coach that bowl game like it's for the national championship. He's going to know how important that game is to IU going forward with momentum.

That team had enough last year for 6 wins. Bad coaching. Cig is a superior coach and has already at least put enough together to beat Vegas at 5.5. I’m going 6 wins to beat Vegas. He might get one more.
Pretty close to the way I see it. Cignetti has made several quality moves since setting up shop in MS. 1st was bringing a staff of experience, accomplishment and achievement. 2nd was identifying a QB who carries a similar resume and QB play is #1. 3rd was keeping BB running the OL and OL play is # 2. Those are just 3 of the many high points of Cignetti transforming IUFB. With that I do believe there are enough wins in the schedule to attain bowl status even if D results remain a work in progress. With 2 weeks of bowl prep Cignetti will focus practice for a W like the pinpoint of light through a magnifying glass. I think he's that good.

Pretty close to the way I see it. Cignetti has made several quality moves since setting up shop in MS. 1st was bringing a staff of experience, accomplishment and achievement. 2nd was identifying a QB who carries a similar resume and QB play is #1. 3rd was keeping BB running the OL and OL play is # 2. Those are just 3 of the many high points of Cignetti transforming IUFB. With that I do believe there are enough wins in the schedule to attain bowl status even if D results remain a work in progress. With 2 weeks of bowl prep Cignetti will focus practice for a W like the pinpoint of light through a magnifying glass. I think he's that good.
all the former Saban guys seem to be process oriented. Cig is no exception

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT