ADVERTISEMENT

Why do we have two national anthem's

We don’t. Nobody takes anything else seriously
It appears our Dems friends on the their side of the isle take it serious. I guess at NHL games there will be three National Anthems now.

The Dems are leading us into the Twilight Zone. We will march into the Zone as faceless zombies dutifully in our masks.

It appears our Dems friends on the their side of the isle take it serious. I guess at NHL games there will be three National Anthems now.

The Dems are leading us into the Twilight Zone. We will march into the Zone as faceless zombies dutifully in our masks.
No WE won't.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Another GOP hand-wringers thread.
And not even original...I mean whoever is playing "Lucy" changed the title, but it's basically a retread of CoH's thread from July.

And for all the "woke" complaints, Lift Every Voice and Sing was initially performed to celebrate Lincoln's birthday in 1900. That's 31 yrs before Congress decided to designate The Stars Spangled Banner as the National Anthem.

How "representative" and inclusive was that particular Congressional vote? Well, it happened about 34 yrs before the passage of the Civil Rights Act/Voting Rights Act... So NOT very...

And while I'm aware that Blacks had the "right" to vote prior to the 60s, the very fact that Congress (and the Nation) felt the need to codify basic civil and voting rights into law 100 yrs after the Civil War, is indicative of the inability of American society to perform such a basic correction on its own...

And not even original...I mean whoever is playing "Lucy" changed the title, but it's basically a retread of CoH's thread from July.

And for all the "woke" complaints, Lift Every Voice and Sing was initially performed to celebrate Lincoln's birthday in 1900. That's 31 yrs before Congress decided to designate The Stars Spangled Banner as the National Anthem.

How "representative" and inclusive was that particular Congressional vote? Well, it happened about 34 yrs before the passage of the Civil Rights Act/Voting Rights Act... So NOT very...

And while I'm aware that Blacks had the "right" to vote prior to the 60s, the very fact that Congress (and the Nation) felt the need to codify basic civil and voting rights into law 100 yrs after the Civil War, is indicative of the inability of American society to perform such a basic correction on its own...
Cosmic please, I am begging you, tell me what law firm you worked for! So I won’t ever make the mistake of hiring them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT