ADVERTISEMENT

How many national anthems do we want?

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
The NFL will play a Black version before its games. They haven’t said whether they will play the white supremacy version Frances Scott Key wrote from Baltimore Harbor as the Brits we’re trying to shell Ft McHenry into oblivion.

I think the NFL should also play an Old Farts Anthem. My suggestion.

Reactions: Crayfish57
The NFL will play a Black version before its games. They haven’t said whether they will play the white supremacy version Frances Scott Key wrote from Baltimore Harbor as the Brits we’re trying to shell Ft McHenry into oblivion.

so what is this "black version"?

enquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: meridian

I can't believe they credit him in any way for rewriting the lyrics of a crappy English pub song .. That's not writing, that's theft. It's not creative, it's tracing.

Francis Scott Key wasn't a poet or writer,,, he was a ****king TRACER.

Then make it a national anthem? embarrassing ...

With all the great composers and poets this country has had it has as its national anthem a plagiarized melody made for a chorus of drunks, with novice level lyrics that hallmark would be ashamed to print..

Tacky and hillbilly AF

Fk kneeling to protest police violence everyone should have knelt long ago to protest the horrible taste on display.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark

shocking bc Goddell is a cuck. If they don’t want to play it, the. Don’t play anything. Don’t waste people’s time with nonsense

I can't believe they credit him in any way for rewriting the lyrics of a crappy English pub song .. That's not writing, that's theft. It's not creative, it's tracing.

Francis Scott Key wasn't a poet or writer,,, he was a ****king TRACER.

Then make it a national anthem? embarrassing ...

With all the great composers and poets this country has had it has as its national anthem a plagiarized melody made for a chorus of drunks, with novice level lyrics that hallmark would be ashamed to print..

Tacky and hillbilly AF

Fk kneeling to protest police violence everyone should have knelt long ago to protest the horrible taste on display.

Apparently people kneel every time you open your mouth?

Reactions: ulrey
To think all this nonsense started because some overprivileged, loser back up on the 49'ers was desperate for attention.

In Kaepernick's wildest dreams I bet he never imagined how many idiots he would rope into his bullshit. It's literally half the country.
Actually, I bet you never thought his actions would lead to this much reaction. He knew this was an important issue and it’s people like you who are shocked it’s gone this far. Most Americans, including most of corporate America, is taking this issue seriously.

Actually, I bet you never thought his actions would lead to this much reaction. He knew this was an important issue and it’s people like you who are shocked it’s gone this far. Most Americans, including most of corporate America, is taking this issue seriously.
I have no idea what the supposed issue is.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’m going to guess at what you are implying and if I’m correct it’s painfully naive. Corps don’t give a shit - they are opportunistic. It’s not personal; it’s just business. There’s no greater evidence than Nike partnering with him while admitting to abuses at their sweatshops ranging from forced labor to restricted access to water

As for the marches condemnation on cops the only thing to come out of that is cops quitting, crime soaring, crump getting richer, the rev getting more donations, and the repubs ammo for midterms.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I’m going to guess at what you are implying and if I’m correct it’s painfully naive. Corps don’t give a shit - they are opportunistic. It’s not personal; it’s just business. There’s no greater evidence than Nike partnering with him while admitting to abuses at their sweatshops ranging from forced labor to restricted access to water
I realize this. Corps know most Americans are on board with recognizing the issues that CK brought up, so they’re just reacting to protect their bottom line.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I realize this. Corps know most Americans are on board with recognizing the issues that CK brought up, so they’re just reacting to protect their bottom line.
Blms approval rating continues to fall. People now are more worried about crime than blm talking points. The black community shot itself in the foot literally and figuratively. I see lots of virtue signaling storylines in Hollywood but no real change was affected by the summer of love.

Bonds and warrants and traffic laws havent changed across the country. The PD system hasn’t received a ton of new money. Credit reporting and lending standards aren’t different. I could go on and on. Imo it was a missed opportunity - pockets of change but nothing ground-shaking. It’s unfortunate

Is there any national anthem worth a shit? They all suck, plodding and martial.
The only thing worse are school's "alma mater" songs. Most national anthems are very simple, very boring crap. I still like ours though. Can't escape my upbringing, where my Dad was furious if we hammed it up or were otherwise disrespectful during the anthem. We also always had a prominent yard flagpole, raising the flag properly every morning and taking it down at dusk.

Only you would resort to a homophobic insult - - and then entirely f*ck it up.

You'd be out of your depth in a mud puddle.
GD you are so stupid it is laughable! You have no comprehension whatsoever do you?

TMP ''everyone should have knelt long ago to protest the horrible taste on display. ''

I was referring to the constant stream of BS he spews nothing to do with anything sexual but does give us a great insight into your pathetic mind. You are such a fool. GFY

The only thing worse are school's "alma mater" songs. Most national anthems are very simple, very boring crap. I still like ours though. Can't escape my upbringing, where my Dad was furious if we hammed it up or were otherwise disrespectful during the anthem. We also always had a prominent yard flagpole, raising the flag properly every morning and taking it down at dusk.
Notre Dame Our Mother brings a tear every time. The Victory March is great too.

There is no issue. Millions of people are now only driven to show disrespect of others and/or to piss off other people for no other reason than to show disrespect or to piss off others. Hyperbole, disruptive protests, and grotesque disrespect of certain kinds of people, are the tools of the trade. This is happening in homes, schools, streets and all the way to the floor of congress and the Oval Office. No longer do we know how to advocate for a cause. We only know how to disrespect and piss off those who don’t agree with your cause.

As far as CK is concerned, I never believed he thought he was striking a blow in favor of victims of police misconduct, his antics were always about him because he can’t think of more effective advocacy, while he smugly claimed he “brought attention” to the cause.

Meanwhile the songs, symbols, parades, celebrations, and holidays that tended to at least temporarily bring us together are gone forever.

There is no issue. Millions of people are now only driven to show disrespect of others and/or to piss off other people for no other reason than to show disrespect or to piss off others. Hyperbole, disruptive protests, and grotesque disrespect of certain kinds of people, are the tools of the trade. This is happening in homes, schools, streets and all the way to the floor of congress and the Oval Office. No longer do we know how to advocate for a cause. We only know how to disrespect and piss off those who don’t agree with your cause.

As far as CK is concerned, I never believed he thought he was striking a blow in favor of victims of police misconduct, his antics were always about him because he can’t think of more effective advocacywhile he smugly claimed he “brought attention” to the cause.

Meanwhile the songs, symbols, parades, celebrations, and holidays that tended to at least temporarily bring us together are gone forever.

Such a good post, CO made it twice!

CK is a charlatan like the Donald is a charlatan. Sometimes people get blinded by their partisanship and can’t see through one or the other.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
The only sporting event that should ever have the national anthem (which I love) played and the flag (which I love) displayed are those involving a national team in international competition, or events played on July 4th.
Why should they do that? Our athletes are kneeling and turning their backs.

The only sporting event that should ever have the national anthem (which I love) played and the flag (which I love) displayed are those involving a national team in international competition, or events played on July 4th.
What about games played on Memorial Day?

Nailed it.

giphy.gif

Why should they do that? Our athletes are kneeling and turning their backs.
Americans are weird on this point. Most countries only play patriotic songs for international matches. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we actually followed that example.

Just like it wouldn't be the end of the world if we made all baseball games only seven innings long.

(Yes, that's off-topic, but I felt like throwing some shit in the fire.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT