ADVERTISEMENT

Who's your candidate......

This quiz is messed up. Apparently I sided with Hilary Clinton the most followed by Mike Huckabee, and a whole bunch of republicans. If I am more right leaning, how can I side the most with a very left leaning person???

This quiz is messed up. Apparently I sided with Hilary Clinton the most followed by Mike Huckabee, and a whole bunch of republicans. If I am more right leaning, how can I side the most with a very left leaning person???

Right leaning means nothing with partys these days. Despite what the GOP will tell you, Hillary is in the middle, not far left. Lefties don't like Hillary.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
78% Paul, 78% Sanders.

A little odd that Paul (R) was 1, Sanders (D) was 2, 3 was a republican, 4 was a democrat, and 5 was a republican.

I'll assume it is due to my conservative spending and right leaning economic beliefs (cut spending) and my liberal social leanings (legalize marijuana, ok with gay marriage)

They're all the same and would all cave to the special interests. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Shhhhhhh.......

The American voting public think one is good and the other evil. The truth is the Democrats are a terrible party that will ruin the country and the Republicans are just as bad and more socially constipated.

Reactions: FrankTGucker
Threadjack. (Do those exist anymore?)

Which woman do we want to go on the 10 bill?

Eleanor Roosevelt?
4731.jpg

IUHottie?

Daenerys Targaryen?
Daenerys-Targaryen.jpg

Sarah Palin?
54998739.jpg

Susan B Anthony?
images

Emily Ratajkowski?
emily-ratajkowski-milan.jpg

I knew you were secretly a Who fan.
Early who when they still had Moon. Sure. Late Who where Townsend thought swinging his arm was playing guitar and Daltry over sings everything, not so much.

I guess I'm a Bernie Sanders guy. I do like him despite the fact that he and TMP have the same chance to be the next President.

I always vote the same because I have so much of my $$ tied up and dependent on the market...so I always vote for what the market wants.

Many think that's a GOP president......but they are wrong.

The magic formula is a democratic president with a republican congress. Anytime you get that combination that's a good time to get really aggressive in the market.

Ya see the market likes peace. The GOP is way to right wing, christian fundamental, war crazy freaks. Mrs. Market doesn't like that. She likes pacifists...presidents that are going to keep us out of war not aggressively go into one.

The market likes favorable business laws. That's why I want a republican, pro-business congress.

I believe the only stagnant market a democratic president had was when Carter had the oil crisis in the mid 70's.

Pretty much all of the major crashes came with a GOP president.

George W had 3 frikken crashes which is crazy (Internet bust right when he took office, 9/11 which wasn't his fault and the financial crash of 2008). Actually Obama, along with Clinton will oversee two of the largest gains in market history during their run.

So I'm voting Hillary all the way. Even if she came out as a devil worshipper who studied and is fascinated with Hitler I'm still probably voting for her.

Rubio
Bush
Walker
Cruz
Paul

I'd have guessed Paul.

They call me a centrist - so all you left and right wingers can kiss my center.

he GOP is way to right wing, christian fundamental, war crazy freaks.

Not disagreeing with the market thingee.. but...

That's not the just GOP and it's not really "war mongering", it's actually protecting corporate interests. Ever notice where the wars are at?

Just for fun, do a bit of research on the Caspian pipelines. When they were started, when they finally started pumping. The answers are, before Saddam invaded Kuwait, and after we took control of the region. Coincidence?

Whether you support him or not, you have to admit Jeb Bush had the most hyped crowd of any announcement yet.

Not disagreeing with the market thingee.. but...

That's not the just GOP and it's not really "war mongering", it's actually protecting corporate interests. Ever notice where the wars are at?

Just for fun, do a bit of research on the Caspian pipelines. When they were started, when they finally started pumping. The answers are, before Saddam invaded Kuwait, and after we took control of the region. Coincidence?

Oh absolutely! You always have to follow the money.

While in business school I had to take a throw away business class so I chose American History from a Business Perspective....and it was the most eye opening, blow away history class that I actually paid attention to.

It easily explained how everything came to be and why wars were fought. All the way back to the initial fight of when Jefferson saw the vast farmland and wanted to use it as our main commodity to sell to the world. Alexander Hamilton convinced G-Wash that the farmland was an incredible asset that no other country had, and we should use it to feed ourselves as we become an industrial nation which was where he saw the future of the world going to.

G-Wash went with Hamilton. South became the big agricultural states and fed the north who industrialized. Once the North started making a shit ton of $$$ like Hamilton predicted...the South was jealous because their standard of living was lower and felt like second class citizens. Plus they needed slavery to sustain the operations/lifestyle...which the north looked down on (even though the north used slaves to built it's infrastructure because we didn't have time to grow the population ourselves). And so forth and so forth.

It mentioned everything like how we rode out the buffalo to make room for the longhorn who's meat was more tender and they were much more docile and easy to slaughter.

It was an amazing class.

Anyway yes, always follow the money in every conflict.

While in business school I had to take a throw away business class so I chose American History from a Business Perspective....and it was the most eye opening, blow away history class that I actually paid attention to.

It easily explained how everything came to be and why wars were fought. All the way back to the initial fight of when Jefferson saw the vast farmland and wanted to use it as our main commodity to sell to the world. Alexander Hamilton convinced G-Wash that the farmland was an incredible asset that no other country had, and we should use it to feed ourselves as we become an industrial nation which was where he saw the future of the world going to.

G-Wash went with Hamilton. South became the big agricultural states and fed the north who industrialized. Once the North started making a shit ton of $$$ like Hamilton predicted...the South was jealous because their standard of living was lower and felt like second class citizens. Plus they needed slavery to sustain the operations/lifestyle...which the north looked down on (even though the north used slaves to built it's infrastructure because we didn't have time to grow the population ourselves). And so forth and so forth.

It mentioned everything like how we rode out the buffalo to make room for the longhorn who's meat was more tender and they were much more docile and easy to slaughter.

It was an amazing class.

Good post.

Sad truth is most folks spent more time taking that survey than they take to decide for whom they will vote.

Grandpa wore his suit to dinner
Nearly every day
No particular reason
He just dressed that way

Brown necktie and a matching vest
And both his wingtip shoes
He built a closet on our back porch
And put a penny in a burned out fuse.

Grandpa was a carpenter
He built houses stores and banks
Chain smoked Camel cigarettes
And hammered nails in planks
He was level on the level
And shaved even every door
And he voted for Eisenhower
'Cause Lincoln won the war.

It was an amazing class.

Also, long ago, I did research on Subaru Sakai for a class I was taking. He was a Japanese fighter pilot, one of the best. After the war he began asking questions about who started it because no one really knows.

It's known that the Emperor was a figurehead. Tojo most likely too. He never found out, past the official answer that it was Tojo and the military but he gave the best answer I've ever heard on who won that war.

Paraphrasing: Mitsubishi, Porsche, BMW, Ford, GM, Lockheed, Grumman...etc etc.

America may have lost Vietnam, bit Monsanto, Martin, Lockheed, Colt, Gm, Ford, etc etc etc sure in the hell didn't.

The original screenplay for Last Samurai was about this very subject.

That would have been a much better movie. Instead we got Tom Cruise engaging in two hours of culture fetishism.
That could have been a very good movie. The visual aspects of it were still exceptional, especially the scenery in the mountains, but Tom Cruise. At least he didn't have many speaking parts.

It was an amazing class.

Those "cause-effect" conclusions are not all 100%.
Factors - yes.
Sole factors - no.
Also, long ago, I did research on Subaru Sakai for a class I was taking. He was a Japanese fighter pilot, one of the best. After the war he began asking questions about who started it because no one really knows.

It's known that the Emperor was a figurehead. Tojo most likely too. He never found out, past the official answer that it was Tojo and the military but he gave the best answer I've ever heard on who won that war.

Paraphrasing: Mitsubishi, Porsche, BMW, Ford, GM, Lockheed, Grumman...etc etc.

America may have lost Vietnam, bit Monsanto, Martin, Lockheed, Colt, Gm, Ford, etc etc etc sure in the hell didn't.

The original screenplay for Last Samurai was about this very subject.

ROLLERBALL!

None of those candidates are a solution. One person isn't gonna make one ounce of a difference. We need a flood to fix this mess, not another President.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT