ADVERTISEMENT

Presidents Elected By Jeopardy

Yeah everything around there was absolutely spectacular - and i loved the town. i would have loved to have gone there. but like i said i was accepted but no money. iu law gave me a nice scholarship. but they caught me in a trickbag as the very first set of grades that came out they pulled it. i can't remember if it was at the semester or the end of the first year. anyway my grades were average and they pulled it so i had to pay full out of state freight the remainder of my time there lol. so dumb. as dumb as investing in crypto....

as for your son that's simply incredible. to rise above that competition he must have a gift. what are his plans now? grad school?

Vandy and IU competed to see which one could bankrupt me first.

Even after the scholarship offer, Vandy was more expensive.

I got out of IU at only $39,000 in debt - but that was because I worked two jobs.

Graduated "better-come-loudly" too.

Saw every home basketball game, including the chair throw.

Got a national championship.

As soon as I left, Mallory beat OSU and Michigan.

Have yet to meet a Vandy grad I like, so it was the right call. (Prolly woulda flunked out of Vandy anyway, in favor of honky-tonking. Nicks just took my money.)

Vandy and IU competed to see which one could bankrupt me first.

Even after the scholarship offer, Vandy was more expensive.

I got out of IU at only $39,000 in debt - but that was because I worked two jobs.

Graduated "better-come-loudly" too.

Got a national championship.

As soon as I left, Mallory beat OSU and Michigan.

Have yet to meet a Vandy grad I like, so it was the right call. (Prolly woulda flunked out of Vandy anyway, in favor of honky-tonking. Nicks just took my money.)
concur on all fronts. iu was a wonderful experience. the law students were really cool as the gunners had already been humbled by being rejected by michigan/northwestern/chicago so even they were humbled. i played three intramural sports the entire time i was there. we all had basketball season tix for three years. i loved every last thing about iu other than the tuition. my last three choices were ND, IU, or wash u. ND was nerdy as hell and iu gave me the most money so i went. the odd thing (or maybe not) was that the grades/rank i needed to maintain my scholly i didn't even come close to achieving. i finished dead middle of the class and would have had to be like top ten or twenty percent. there was no chance after even the first semester. BAIT AND SWITCH! i wonder how many they catch in that little scheme lol.

going to college in nashville would have certainly been interesting.

You're lucky. Student ticket lottery allocation was in full effect when I was there, 88-91, so I think it varied from between 4 and 6 home games per year. Was there an allocation for you, and you were able to find some uninterested nerd to give up their tickets to you? I would have loved to have seen every game in person.

My best seats ever was the Jay Edwards buzzer beater game vs. Michigan, on the end, at basket height. I can pick out my blurry self, I think, on some still photos of Jay's shot. From my angle I knew it was good as soon as he launched it. Bedlam. So LOUD.

You're lucky. Student ticket lottery allocation was in full effect when I was there, 88-91, so I think it varied from between 4 and 6 home games per year. Was there an allocation for you, and you were able to find some uninterested nerd to give up their tickets to you? I would have loved to have seen every game in person.

My best seats ever was the Jay Edwards buzzer beater game vs. Michigan, on the end, at basket height. I can pick out my blurry self, I think, on some still photos of Jay's shot. From my angle I knew it was good as soon as he launched it. Bedlam. So LOUD.

One year, I had to buy 2 packages - fall and spring. Each package had 2 good games - 2 in the end zone - 2 more in lower level but higher up - the rest in the balcony

The other two years I could buy the whole season at once, but they still had only two good games - 2 in the end zone - then 4 in lower level and the rest in the balcony

I'd trade the balcony and some cash for lower level when I could.

After I responded to him? Read a little more carefully, and without the bias, my friend.
I did read carefully.... I got on to him for starting it...not you.
In other words, it takes at least two to get into something like the thread the other day. I wasn't blaming you but you could have stopped it by just not responding.

i figure guys like you and uncle bulk would get screwed on pop culture. current pop music etc. the breadth of what these guys answer is incredible
I've never been good at that kind of stuff, even back in the day when I should have known all the "popular culture" crap.

The other thing I remember was when they came out with the "Baby Boomers" Trivial Pursuit edition. By all rights that should have been right up my alley, but nooo... I was born in 54, so actually grew up in the 60s. However, the Boomer edition seemed to be geared more toward those born in the 40s and who came of age in the 50s. I did worse with that game than the original.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
If Jeopardy decided the candidates, who wins?

Republicans who ran, were touted, etc (the sheer number shows how disorganized the GOP was/is):

Donald Trump
John Kasich
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb Bush
Jim Gilmore
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham
Bobby Jindal
Scott Walker
Rick Perry

Some Others "Seriously" Floated/Considered:
Michelle Bachmann
Jan Brewer
Scott Brown
Herman Cain
Sam Brownback
Nikki Haley
Mitt Romney
Condi Rice
Paul Ryan
Newt Gingrich
John Hunstman
John McCain
Tim Pawlenty

Democrats:

Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Joe Biden
Lincoln Chaffee
Lawrence Lessig
Jim Webb
Elizabeth Warren

I'd say the top 3 GOP would be the brain surgeon (Ben Carson), the eye surgeon (Rand Paul) and Condi Rice. Rice prolly wins.

The Dems would be Hillary, Sanders and Lessig. Lessig wins.

In Final Jeopary, Rice beats Lessig, who gives the answer he wants instead of the one he nows is the right one.

Answer is: Trump has the lowest iq of anyone you listed, or even thought of listing. Orange boy in over his head, & will ruin party, after he exposes horrible party leadership. He may be a 'Republican', but he's no (honest/legit) conservative, nor will he ever be. This relationship will never end well. Turtle >>> Trump

"In Final ... nows ..."

Yep, you're a Trump supporter. I see you've been using Trump's broken see & say again.

Don't take any wooden nickels.

:)

:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT