ADVERTISEMENT

Presidents Elected By Jeopardy

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
If Jeopardy decided the candidates, who wins?

Republicans who ran, were touted, etc (the sheer number shows how disorganized the GOP was/is):

Donald Trump
John Kasich
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb Bush
Jim Gilmore
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham
Bobby Jindal
Scott Walker
Rick Perry

Some Others "Seriously" Floated/Considered:
Michelle Bachmann
Jan Brewer
Scott Brown
Herman Cain
Sam Brownback
Nikki Haley
Mitt Romney
Condi Rice
Paul Ryan
Newt Gingrich
John Hunstman
John McCain
Tim Pawlenty

Democrats:

Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Joe Biden
Lincoln Chaffee
Lawrence Lessig
Jim Webb
Elizabeth Warren

I'd say the top 3 GOP would be the brain surgeon (Ben Carson), the eye surgeon (Rand Paul) and Condi Rice. Rice prolly wins.

The Dems would be Hillary, Sanders and Lessig. Lessig wins.

In Final Jeopary, Rice beats Lessig, who gives the answer he wants instead of the one he nows is the right one.

If Jeopardy decided the candidates, who wins?

Republicans who ran, were touted, etc (the sheer number shows how disorganized the GOP was/is):

Donald Trump
John Kasich
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb Bush
Jim Gilmore
Chris Christie
Carly Fiorina
Rick Santorum
Rand Paul
Mike Huckabee
George Pataki
Lindsey Graham
Bobby Jindal
Scott Walker
Rick Perry

Some Others "Seriously" Floated/Considered:
Michelle Bachmann
Jan Brewer
Scott Brown
Herman Cain
Sam Brownback
Nikki Haley
Mitt Romney
Condi Rice
Paul Ryan
Newt Gingrich
John Hunstman
John McCain
Tim Pawlenty

Democrats:

Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Joe Biden
Lincoln Chaffee
Lawrence Lessig
Jim Webb
Elizabeth Warren

I'd say the top 3 GOP would be the brain surgeon (Ben Carson), the eye surgeon (Rand Paul) and Condi Rice. Rice prolly wins.

The Dems would be Hillary, Sanders and Lessig. Lessig wins.

In Final Jeopary, Rice beats Lessig, who gives the answer he wants instead of the one he nows is the right one.
You’re missing Buttigieg. He might stomp them all.

I'd replace the doctors with Gingrich and Huntsman.
If the categories are "golf" and " real estate", Trump might get a couple right ( like Cliff Claven from Cheers). If they're policy related at all - including basic geography - he's gonna be in big-time negative figures. Mostly because that stupid, arrogant mother****er is going to hit the buzzer first on every question, and claim that the smartest person is actually the one who rings in fastest.

Don't make assumptions about me, please. I have no reason to dislike Cray. I'm just trying to convince him to relax.
Well I'd hate to see it if you didn't like someone.. the thread I deleted the other day got pretty nasty. And this thread went to pot after you responded to him. Not that it was a great thread to begin with but it was worth reading to see what people had to say.

Well I'd hate to see it if you didn't like someone.. the thread I deleted the other day got pretty nasty.
What in the world do you mean, you would hate to see someone he didn’t like?
Haven’t you seen how he has treated me the last 5 years?

I think Rand Paul's medical degree was at a school giving junk degrees in "alternative medicine" so he's nowhere close to a contender. Listening to him banter stupidly with Fauci on issues of science, he has about the same level of scientific aptitude as Lucy01. So, practically nil. I see no evidence he has more well-rounded skills, either.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Yeah, I don't get the assumption the doctors would know anything about non-medical stuff. I think there have been more bartender Jeopardy champions that doctor Jeopardy champions.

AOC would probably do well.

In an interview about her hosting the show, Mayim Bialik said that the type of intelligence needed to be a neuroscientist is different from the intelligence to be on Jeopardy. I buy that theory. There isn't any reason to think Einstein would be the greatest trivia player ever. I am a good trivia player, but no one wants the fate of cancer research to rest on my shoulders.

I think Rand Paul's medical degree was at a school giving junk degrees in "alternative medicine" so he's nowhere close to a contender. Listening to him banter stupidly with Fauci on issues of science, he has about the same level of scientific aptitude as Lucy01. So, practically nil. I see no evidence he has more well-rounded skills, either.
his M.D. is from duke. btw it's sounding more and more that covid was a lab F up. Science....

as an aside congrats on your kid and cornell. i visited for law school (humble brag) but they didn't give me any money. spectacular place. you should be very proud. that's awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
In an interview about her hosting the show, Mayim Bialik said that the type of intelligence needed to be a neuroscientist is different from the intelligence to be on Jeopardy. I buy that theory. There isn't any reason to think Einstein would be the greatest trivia player ever. I am a good trivia player, but no one wants the fate of cancer research to rest on my shoulders.
I played a lot of the original Trivial Pursuit back in the day, and was damn good at it. If I'm so smart how come I'm not rich?

Well I'd hate to see it if you didn't like someone.. the thread I deleted the other day got pretty nasty. And this thread went to pot after you responded to him. Not that it was a great thread to begin with but it was worth reading to see what people had to say.
After I responded to him? Read a little more carefully, and without the bias, my friend.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
his M.D. is from duke. btw it's sounding more and more that covid was a lab F up. Science....

as an aside congrats on your kid and cornell. i visited for law school (humble brag) but they didn't give me any money. spectacular place
Another myth of the gullible leftie self-appointed intelligentsia debunked!

Duke gives junk degrees! And Baylor too.

I’m sure he meant to refer to Paul’s dispute with the accrediting board, who he felt should make all eye surgeons re-certify every 10 years instead of grandfathering some.

Typical liberal theology - attack the messenger.

For Jeopardy? LOL. I'm like Joe. I'm not nearly as sharp as I once thought I was.
I’ve played trivial pursuit (sucked) and watched jeopardy and if I recall the questions seem similar. Play up the trailer park angle you could separate your app from the pile

Another myth of the gullible leftie self-appointed intelligentsia debunked!

Duke gives junk degrees! And Baylor too.

I’m sure he meant to refer to Paul’s dispute with the accrediting board, who he felt should make all eye surgeons re-certify every 10 years instead of grandfathering some.

Typical liberal theology - attack the messenger.

Didn’t he set up an eye treatment facility for low income people too?

Those damn Moops.
Bu1ambI.gif

Reactions: bigmac76
I played a lot of the original Trivial Pursuit back in the day, and was damn good at it. If I'm so smart how come I'm not rich?
Have you put as much effort in a business as you did in accumulating knowledge needed in trivial pursuit?

For Jeopardy? LOL. I'm like Joe. I'm not nearly as sharp as I once thought I was.

The Jeopardy test is hard, there are 50 questions and you have like 6 seconds to answer. The killer is the wide range. I am not good at art and just ok at literature. It pretty much takes a perfect score to advance.

I typically get somewhere around 40. The people who get on study trivia as a job.

The Jeopardy test is hard, there are 50 questions and you have like 6 seconds to answer. The killer is the wide range. I am not good at art and just ok at literature. It pretty much takes a perfect score to advance.

I typically get somewhere around 40. The people who get on study trivia as a job.
i figure guys like you and uncle bulk would get screwed on pop culture. current pop music etc. the breadth of what these guys answer is incredible

Mythology kills me

My son is a geography savant

as an aside congrats on your kid and cornell. i visited for law school (humble brag) but they didn't give me any money. spectacular place. you should be very proud. that's awesome.
It is an awesome campus. IU is beautiful, but Cornell is like a national park, with waterfalls, georges, vistas, architecture, landscaping, a botanical garden that you could wander through for days and not have to backtrack. Just... wow.

And I have to brag... He graduated Summa Cum Laude and was the winner of the prize for top math student, out of ~100 math majors. The chair of the department introduced him and said that his first encounter with my son was noting that some sophomore undergraduate had signed up for an upper level graduate course in math logic. The chair's inclination was to show this poor misguided chap that such a course was nothing that an undergrad should even attempt. A "putting in place" was in order. But then the class met. He found out that the class would be LED by said undergrad...

It is an awesome campus. IU is beautiful, but Cornell is like a national park, with waterfalls, georges, vistas, architecture, landscaping, a botanical garden that you could wander through for days and not have to backtrack. Just... wow.

And I have to brag... He graduated Summa Cum Laude and was the winner of the prize for top math student, out of ~100 math majors. The chair of the department introduced him and said that his first encounter with my son was noting that some sophomore undergraduate had signed up for an upper level graduate course in math logic. The chair's inclination was to show this poor misguided chap that such a course was nothing that an undergrad should even attempt. A "putting in place" was in order. But then the class met. He found out that the class would be LED by said undergrad...
Yeah everything around there was absolutely spectacular - and i loved the town. i would have loved to have gone there. but like i said i was accepted but no money. iu law gave me a nice scholarship. but they caught me in a trickbag as the very first set of grades that came out they pulled it. i can't remember if it was at the semester or the end of the first year. anyway my grades were average and they pulled it so i had to pay full out of state freight the remainder of my time there lol. so dumb. as dumb as investing in crypto....

as for your son that's simply incredible. to rise above that competition he must have a gift. what are his plans now? grad school?

Reactions: TommyCracker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT