ADVERTISEMENT

Well Archie is off all hot seats

What planet? :D

Since day one son.
64822-10102605106502549-1916498986-n.jpg

What’s your favorite national championship team and memories from that title run?

I'm thin
I would diagnose it as a case of classic over reaction.

I'm thinking this may be the most bipolar fan base ever. 2 home wins, road win against a mediocre at best opponent and a 5 star recruit are now justification that we have the second coming of Bob Knight and a dynasty is on the horizon in Bloomington.

I call BS.

I'm thin

I'm thinking this may be the most bipolar fan base ever. 2 home wins, road win against a mediocre at best opponent and a 5 star recruit are now justification that we have the second coming of Bob Knight and a dynasty is on the horizon in Bloomington.

I call BS.

Please post the quotes that say what you state. I call BS.

Quit being a hyperbole filled drama queen.

I am one of the biggest fans of IU basketball on this planet.
You have done nothing but talk shit about Miller all season. And now he walks on water you say.
You don’t know what you are, do you?
I’m sure more of you “biggest fans on the planet” will start coming around to the fact we are in good hands. Good for you John boy.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Archie wasn't on the hot seat. People need to get a grip.

KL actually asked Archie point blank if Archie would be his coach if he came to IU, which implies that he/family may read these boards, along with opposing coaches badmouthing the IU program. Archie assured KL that IU administration was behind him 100%, and that he would be KL's coach. It sealed
the commitment, as KL does like Archie and his style/honesty.

I wish this minority of morons that constantly criticise the program and berate/undercut Archie would just "shut up". The board would be a lot better for it.

KL actually asked Archie point blank if Archie would be his coach if he came to IU, which implies that he/family may read these boards, along with opposing coaches badmouthing the IU program. Archie assured KL that IU administration was behind him 100%, and that he would be KL's coach. It sealed

I wish this minority of morons that constantly criticise the program and berate/undercut Archie would just "shut up". The board would be a lot better for it.
My brother inlaw has been on boards at IU for years. He is friends with Glass. Archie is in no danger period. They are giving him time to right the ship. It doesn't help your program to change coaches every two or three years..

What’s your favorite national championship team and memories from that title run?
Mine was the 81 team. I became an IU fan because Steve Bouchie went there. He was a god in Washington (notice I had god in lower case) and so when he went to IU I started paying attention. The 81 team was not a great team throughout the year. They were up and down. But then they put it together late in the season and were unstoppable. Steve had an important steal in one of the NCAA games. I can't remember which one. Of course when he graduated I was hooked as an IU fan forever and ever. I'll be an old man in the nursing home asking my nurse if the game is on tonight. I'll be the kind of guy who gets other IU fans with me and we can watch the game in Herb's room because his tv is bigger than ours. I will even instruct all the old guys and gals to bring their pudding cups with them so we can eat together at half time. IU BABY!!!!!!

You have done nothing but talk shit about Miller all season. And now he walks on water you say.
You don’t know what you are, do you?
I’m sure more of you “biggest fans on the planet” will start coming around to the fact we are in good hands. Good for you John boy.

You don’t follow me hard enough, just half ass it seems.

I’ve definitely criticized Archie more than once this season. But I didn’t think he was in any kind of danger. IU just doesn’t roll like that. At Kentucky, sure, he’d have been fired after last season. They’re expectations are out the roof.

Reactions: Timmy Mac
I'm thin

I call BS.

Imo, it's the dichotomy between on-court performance and roster building/program building that causes the bi-polar nature of fans like myself. Off-court, I see ever growing reason for high level of confidence, yet the on-court stuff can be maddening to the point of zero confidence.

I wanted to at least see some signs that next season could be special by the end of this season. After the Michigan game, I figured that it's just too late to progress as far as I'd hoped. Now, I'm not so sure that I didn't throw in the towel too soon.

My own baseline for this season was 22-9 and that is still a possibility. I thought IU should get between a #3 and #6 seed, with the BTT being key to seed assignment. I think it's still a possibility... maybe a #3 is out of reach, but everything else is still in play. Obviously they have to win, but shockingly IU is still in position as Feb draws to a close.

I understand this completely. Off court seems on the rise. On the court - I think the pack-line defense is a severely flawed scheme and offensively I still have no idea what we are trying to do at times. Maybe, MAYBE, better talent will help with both but call me Missouri and SHOW ME. We've not been as devoid of talent as the AA members want us to believe and there has been no signs of major development in the talent we have.

It's gonna take more than 3 wins and a 5* recruit to overcome the crap produced over the last 2.5 seasons. Heck we've had 5 star recruits and still sucked.

I understand this completely. Off court seems on the rise. On the court - I think the pack-line defense is a severely flawed scheme and offensively I still have no idea what we are trying to do at times. Maybe, MAYBE, better talent will help with both but call me Missouri and SHOW ME. We've not been as devoid of talent as the AA members want us to believe and there has been no signs of major development in the talent we have.

It's gonna take more than 3 wins and a 5* recruit to overcome the crap produced over the last 2.5 seasons. Heck we've had 5 star recruits and still sucked.
*eyeroll*

Reactions: MrBing

Stop. People have opinions because they care. The whiners need to take a break if they can’t handle differing views.

Imo, it's the dichotomy between on-court performance and roster building/program building that causes the bi-polar nature of fans like myself. Off-court, I see ever growing reason for high level of confidence, yet the on-court stuff can be maddening to the point of zero confidence.

I wanted to at least see some signs that next season could be special by the end of this season. After the Michigan game, I figured that it's just too late to progress as far as I'd hoped. Now, I'm not so sure that I didn't throw in the towel too soon.

My own baseline for this season was 22-9 and that is still a possibility. I thought IU should get between a #3 and #6 seed, with the BTT being key to seed assignment. I think it's still a possibility... maybe a #3 is out of reach, but everything else is still in play. Obviously they have to win, but shockingly IU is still in position as Feb draws to a close.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread two days ago about the next couple of weeks. I'd like to see us get 6 more wins. It would be good progress from last year and create some positive momentum for next year. No matter how the season ends up, I do think we will be a top 20 team, next year.

Last edited:
A lecture from an AA member on hyperbole....that's pretty comical.

I will ask the same with this post. Please quote the posts where I have used hyperbole and also include the ones where you ascertained that I am an AA.

Thanks.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread two days ago about the next couple of weeks. I'd like to see us get 6 more wins. It would be nice improvement from last year and create some positive momentum for, next year. No matter how the season ends up, I do think we will be a good team, next year (At least top 20).
I'd like to see 6 more wins in the NCAAT. Not likely but it would be great.

Reactions: snarlcakes

I've been all over the map this year also. I also had them at 22-9 as I thought our added bulk would allow for guys to not be so undersized on defense. That entailed efficient offense out of the post, a Devonte Green/AL Durham shooting tandem at the 2, a solid Smith at the three pushed by a dynamic wing in Hunter and that Rob was going to be a 30 plus minute super steady point guard on both sides of the ball. I thought we'd be much better defensively which was going to be our identity going forward.

Yeah, almost none of that worked out.

I do agree with you though, this roster is more talented than what people think so I was really frustrated at how we weren't even competitive in our losses.

I was also massively disappointed in how bad we were defensively.

I was annoyed as f on the over aggressive over hedge, especially by Brunk which seems to completely capsize the defense.

The incredible embarrassment in the loss to Purdue during Knight's return had me doing my Rocky impression during the Drogo/Creed fight, holding the towel to throw it in.

I always have said this season was no excuse to miss the tourney. He got year one to rebuild, year two to improve (just missed the tournament) but enough is enough, there's no reason to miss the tournament other than unfortunate injuries in year 3....and it looks like we're going to do that.

However, he has seemed to thin out that annoying overhedge which has helped and very obviously we are seeing the emergence of Race Thompson which completely changes this team and quite honestly might have saved the season and his ass.

Brian Snow wrote a piece in the off season about how TJD isn't a four, he's a five, but he's going to play the four until he's ready to guard big ten centers which will probably hurt his season statistically. Well, Race Thompson gives TJD the space he needs at the five while still providing a physical and versatile presence on d.

We've been really damn good on defense with TJD, Race and Smith which is why Race's plus minus is insane.

So yeah, it took longer than I thought but think we finally have our top 20 team with Thompson's play.

Add in Lander signing and yeah, it's kindof amazing how things can change in two weeks.

Yep. AM isn't going anywhere this off season with the new AD coming in. I doubt he would have had FG stayed, He gets another season to build a program and that is the right thing to do. Victimbear, fraudpaw, Ordfan and a couple others have spewed too much BS here and dulled the senses.
How do you even see what they post? You should just block those morons. Nothing but IU haters and trolls.

Well, I hate to break up this riveting dialogue, but did everyone see Archie blast the clipboard after Race missed 2 FTs in the PSU game? Felt a little bad for Race, as I think it was accumulated frustration from all the earlier missed FTs, but it was still pretty funny to see Archie finally lose it a little bit over some of our frustrating play:

This season and program quite frankly were at a crossroads after the PU debacle. Archie was on the wrong side of the bubble in year 3. Huge road win at Minny and a few quad 1 home wins took him down the path of success. I don’t think people realize how big the last 2 weeks have been for the program.
Whats Minny’s record?
Huge win....

Well, I hate to break up this riveting dialogue, but did everyone see Archie blast the clipboard after Race missed 2 FTs in the PSU game? Felt a little bad for Race, as I think it was accumulated frustration from all the earlier missed FTs, but it was still pretty funny to see Archie finally lose it a little bit over some of our frustrating play:

Ostrom should have jumped up and finger-wagged him...
That was a biatch move...

PU is 14-14 and would be 14-15 after. Would that not be a huge win either?
huge for tourney hopes...yes...every win is.
Huge Win - no!

When a win vs a shitty team is a huge win...thats a bad season.
UNC had a ‘huge win’ last night vs NC State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT