Voter Fraud has many faces

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
From the Facebook settlement…

Facebook Case, Current Claimants​

The $725 million settlement is part of a case that sprang from the 2018 reports that Cambridge Analytica had accessed the personal Facebook information of about 87 million users by paying a Facebook app developer. The collected data was then used for targeting American voters during the 2016 election.

But, for many of you - there’s nothing to see here, or I should say - you couldn’t see it if you did look.

The $725 million settlement is part of a case that sprang from the 2018 reports that Cambridge Analytica had accessed the personal Facebook information of about 87 million users by paying a Facebook app developer. The collected data was then used for targeting American voters during the 2016 election.

But, for many of you - there’s nothing to see here, or I should say - you couldn’t see it if you did look.
Link.

You're right. And here are a few of them...

More GOP cheating in Colorado

And even more

But North Carolina says "hold my beer"..

fun fact: almost all of the proven voter fraud cases from 2020 (and there are not many of them) have involved people illegally voting for Trump
And, in a couple more cases, the voter was dead and the spouse illegally mailed in the dead's vote for Trump.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
You're right. And here are a few of them...

More GOP cheating in Colorado

And even more

But North Carolina says "hold my beer"..

Haven’t you repeatedly portrayed the election as secure?

Did their votes count in the election?
The number of fraudulently cast, mostly GOP votes, was not enough to make the outcome the least bit close. That's the question to ask: did it affect the outcome? No, vote cheating did not affect the outcome. The Trumpers failed.

Reactions: Ohio Guy and MrBing
The number of fraudulently cast, mostly GOP votes, was not enough to make the outcome the least bit close. That's the question to ask: did it affect the outcome? No, vote cheating did not affect the outcome. The Trumpers failed.
Why not eliminate the possibility of cheating?

Why not eliminate the possibility of cheating?

One thing required to do that is a way of one state telling another that a voter has moved and is now registered to vote in state A so state B can remove them from their voting rolls. Most Republican led states have now left the interstate database that does just that. So someone moving to Florida from NY will be able to vote in Florida AND New York. This has long been known as one of the easiest sources of fraud, but it seems one group isn't concerned about it.

One thing required to do that is a way of one state telling another that a voter has moved and is now registered to vote in state A so state B can remove them from their voting rolls. Most Republican led states have now left the interstate database that does just that. So someone moving to Florida from NY will be able to vote in Florida AND New York. This has long been known as one of the easiest sources of fraud, but it seems one group isn't concerned about it.
Are the cases Cosmic presents examples of that?

Did their votes count in the election?
If a bank gets robbed & the cops catch the robbers a few months later after the money is spent, is the bank secure?

The votes didn't change the results so exactly what effect did they have?

The better analogy would be if someone robbed a bank but found out they had stolen monopoly money. They changed nothing.

Hate to break it to you but 2020 wasn't the first year people got caught voting illegally and it won't be the last. But unless it is to the point of actually changing the results, it's a whole bunch of a bluster over nothing.

The votes didn't change the results so exactly what effect did they have?

The better analogy would be if someone robbed a bank but found out they had stolen monopoly money. They changed nothing.
No, what you’re saying is it’s ok so long as they didn’t steal enough to put someone out of business, into bankruptcy, etc. “It’s ok to rob the bank if it’s not that much money.” That scans.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
No, what you’re saying is it’s ok so long as they didn’t steal enough to put someone out of business, into bankruptcy, etc. “It’s ok to rob the bank if it’s not that much money.” That scans.

No that is not what I said. People are rightfully getting caught and punished for committing voter fraud.

Speak english or just failure to comprehend english?

I think the better analogy is that someone bounced a check that the bank didn't catch at first, but at the end of the month they reviewed their numbers, found the discrepancy, and then ordered that person to deposit funds in the account to make up the difference in addition to a $20 overdraft fee.

I think the better analogy is that someone bounced a check that the bank didn't catch at first, but at the end of the month they reviewed their numbers, found the discrepancy, and then ordered that person to deposit funds in the account to make up the difference in addition to a $20 overdraft fee.
So the votes didn’t count in the election?

Kind of ironic that the same side that is harping about insecure elections and massive voter fraud is the same side that is committing most of the voter fraud.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I think the goal should be to make it as easy as possible for people to vote while also trying to keep it secure from fraud.

Voting fraud in 6 battleground states was less than 0.15 percent of the votes. In most cases, THOSE VOTES DID NOT GET COUNTED.

Those that committed fraud should be punished but those numbers seems pretty secure to me.

Here's a question: If you could make a change in voting that would make it easier for 1000s of people to vote legally (who would have otherwise given up due to standing in long lines etc), but would result in a slight increase in fraud (like 0.16 or 0.17 percent of votes being fraud instead of 0.15), would you make the change?

So the votes didn’t count in the election?
Typically when someone overdraws their account, it's by $50 to $500. The bank has something like a million dollars in its vault (aka the State) and the overall bank itself has millions upon millions of dollars (aka the Country).

So yes, the votes count, and they eventually track down the $50 you over-drafted, but it's not like the bank had to declare bankruptcy because it discovered one guy trying to pull a fast one.

point to one election that was effected by fraud (ie the loser became the winner)
I’m not trying to argue that an election had the wrong result. I’m arguing for secure elections. I’m arguing to not wait until enough fraud transpires to affect an election to do something about it. Do you vote? Why do you bother if a few votes isn’t enough to make a difference?

I’d prefer to prevent the fraud than react to it & hope it was all caught. What are the downsides to keeping the bank from getting robbed in the first place?

I think the goal should be to make it as easy as possible for people to vote while also trying to keep it secure from fraud.

Voting fraud in 6 battleground states was less than 0.15 percent of the votes. In most cases, THOSE VOTES DID NOT GET COUNTED.

Those that committed fraud should be punished but those numbers seems pretty secure to me.

Here's a question: If you could make a change in voting that would make it easier for 1000s of people to vote legally (who would have otherwise given up due to standing in long lines etc), but would result in a slight increase in fraud (like 0.16 or 0.17 percent of votes being fraud instead of 0.15), would you make the change?
No. There are ways to make it easier without sacrificing accuracy, it’s not either or, we can have both.

I’m not trying to argue that an election had the wrong result. I’m arguing for secure elections. I’m arguing to not wait until enough fraud transpires to affect an election to do something about it. Do you vote? Why do you bother if a few votes isn’t enough to make a difference?

I’d prefer to prevent the fraud than react to it & hope it was all caught. What are the downsides to keeping the bank from getting robbed in the first place?

They are trying to prevent fraud and going after those that commit it.

You are talking about less than a quarter of a 1 percent that is fraud and a fraction of that is counted before it is caught.

What options do you have to prevent that little tiny bit of fraud that is happening that doesn't do more harm than good?

Voter suppression in the name of combating fraud is not the answer.

Typically when someone overdraws their account, it's by $50 to $500. The bank has something like a million dollars in its vault (aka the State) and the overall bank itself has millions upon millions of dollars (aka the Country).

So yes, the votes count, and they eventually track down the $50 you over-drafted, but it's not like the bank had to declare bankruptcy because it discovered one guy trying to pull a fast one.
So you’re ok with some fraud. Why not keep the guy from pulling a fast one in the first place.
They are trying to prevent fraud and going after those that commit it.

You are talking about less than a quarter of a 1 percent that is fraud and a fraction of that is counted before it is caught.

What options do you have to prevent that little tiny bit of fraud that is happening that doesn't do more harm than good?

Voter suppression in the name of combating fraud is not the answer.
Where have I proposed voter suppression?

No. There are ways to make it easier without sacrificing accuracy, it’s not either or, we can have both.

Then why is the suggestion always to do away or limit early voting, do away or limit mail voting, limit voting locations, etc

I haven't heard a single suggestion for combating voter fraud that also wouldn't disenfranchise or hurt turnout.

In fact, I think it is pretty clear that the goal is voter suppression under the guise of combating voter fraud.

So you’re ok with some fraud. Why not keep the guy from pulling a fast one in the first place.

Where have I proposed voter suppression?

You call it combating voter fraud, most of the suggestions on combating voter fraud double as voter suppression.

Do you know why conservatives want to limit mail in voting? because it is used more by liberals

Do you know why conservatives want to limit early voting? because it is used more by liberals

Do you know why conservatives want less voting places per capita in cities? because it affects liberals more than conservatives

They have to call it combating voting fraud to make it look legit. It is voter suppression that they think will disenfranchise voters on the other side of the aisle.

Last edited:
Trump convinced conservatives to not use mail-in voting and then had states wait to count mail-in voting until last so that he could claim "I had a big lead and then it disappeared because of cheating" . He took advantage of a lot of people that don't understand the timing of when votes were counted. It was all orchestrated to get people outraged about election fraud.

You call it combating voter fraud, most of the suggestions on combating voter fraud double as voter suppression.

Do you know why conservatives want to limit mail in voting? because it is used more by liberals

Do you know why conservatives want to limit early voting? because it is used more by liberals

Do you know why conservatives want less voting places per capita in cities? because it effect liberals more than conservatives

They have to call it combating voting fraud to make it look legit. It is voter suppression that they think will disenfranchise voters on the other side of the aisle.
“Most”

Is it possible to strive for better processes that make committing voter fraud more difficult, but also make it easier and more convenient to vote?

Why should a person, EVER, have to drive out of their way, stand in hours long lines, leave work, etc... to vote?

AND...why should a person, EVER, be able to vote without being fully vetted as someone that should be able to vote?

I hate our political system right now...hate it. And I hate BOTH sides for not being able to figure out how to improve it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Is it possible to strive for better processes that make committing voter fraud more difficult, but also make it easier and more convenient to vote?

Why should a person, EVER, have to drive out of their way, stand in hours long lines, leave work, etc... to vote?

AND...why should a person, EVER, be able to vote without being fully vetted as someone that should be able to vote?

I hate our political system right now...hate it. And I hate BOTH sides for not being able to figure out how to improve it.
Voting is a privilege and a duty that shouldn’t have to be convenient. in Africa, where me lars and brad do business, people journey for days for the HONOR of casting their votes. Vote in person. Bring an Id. That’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT