ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina's 4 Year, GOP Led Voter Fraud Investigation Has Concluded

We've tried putting a businessman in the White House before. We got Hoover and Trump.
We got a narcissistic lunatic. That doesn’t mean the experiment failed. We picked the worst possible nut. So we swung the pendulum to the opposite end and picked a guy in gov for 50 years who is thrilled to spend the money of others.

And I’m not saying a business man is a requirement by any means. But 50 years in gov is absurd

And all these tax dollars they’re going to soak old white guys for to give to social programs - they have no clue what the programs are, whether they’re successful, novel, etc. they didn’t get two years of proposals and now they will make decisions. They just raise taxes pass it through to states and that’s that. It is NEVER outcome driven. Never

If the gov was a decent steward of our money it’d be one thing, but they aren’t.

Last edited:
We got a narcissistic lunatic. That doesn’t mean the experiment failed. We picked the worst possible nut. So we swung the pendulum to the opposite end and picked a guy in gov for 50 years who is thrilled to spend the money of others.

And I’m not saying a business man is a requirement by any means. But 50 years in gov is absurd

And all these tax dollars they’re going to soak old white guys for to give to social programs - they have no clue what the programs are, whether they’re successful, novel, etc. they didn’t get two years of proposals and now they will make decisions. They just raise taxes pass it through to states and that’s that. It is NEVER outcome driven. Never
Yes, to get rid of what you called "a narcissistic lunatic," we had to elect Biden. He was the only alternative on the ballot. Wish there had been a better choice.

But the Democrats' current majority in the Senate is only as wide as Joe Manchin's willingness to vote Democrat. Nothing extreme could possibly get through the Senate right now.

There are several other reasons to be suspicious of the power wielded by people who have spent 50 years in government.

ap_mitch-mcconnell_ap-photo3.jpg

Yes, to get rid of what you called "a narcissistic lunatic," we had to elect Biden. He was the only alternative on the ballot. Wish there had been a better choice.

But the Democrats' current majority in the Senate is only as wide as Joe Manchin's willingness to vote Democrat. Nothing extreme could possibly get through the Senate right now.

There are several other reasons to be suspicious of the power wielded by people who have spent 50 years in government.

ap_mitch-mcconnell_ap-photo3.jpg
He sucks too.

Reactions: Stuffshot
Both parties are disasters. At this point I’d rather fire them all and burn it down and try public sortition. I would bet my life we’d get better results. I have way more faith in my neighbors than the screwballs in dc

Good. I’d prefer gov do very little. It’s better for all of us. Will your taxes go up bwahahahaha not a chance. You’re all for spending other peoples’ money aren’t ya? Right after a pandemic let’s raise taxes!! Not every company is amazon....

Btw what company has biden ever run? When has he ever had to meet payroll? 50 years cashing gov checks.
Had Ike ever run a company? How about Reagan?

I don’t mean necessarily run a company. I mean be able to relate. Trump is the same way. He inherited his money. It’s no different than soaking tax payers. Trump didn’t appreciate the work it takes to run a business from scratch. He had Monopoly money

Ike ran the ETO. I'd like to think that gave him both administrative and political skills as well as an understanding that he needed to use monetary, physical and human resources wisely.
Yes, he gained a lot of administrative skills and political skills. But those aren't necessarily the skills people speak of when they say they want a businessman in charge. Usually, it involves making a payroll.

Ike's real specialty was getting people together. It took a lot to get Monty, Patton, and De Gaulle to play nice with one another. Unlike the business example, only one of the three could be fired by Ike. God only knows he would have fired de Gaulle if it were in his power. In that respect, it was far more akin to dealing with a majority leader than someone in his business.

Your average CEO has far more power to just order something done than the President has. Trump chafed under that, he certainly wasn't used to dealing with congress. Maybe a CEO of a publicly traded company would be different, having to deal with shareholders. But probably not as the opposition parties in congress aren't that close to shareholders.

I don't think your average CEO is automatically prepared to lead in the political arena just because they could in the boardroom. They might have the necessary skill sets but it is far from guaranteed.

Reactions: Morrison
Ike had extensive executive experience as Supreme Allied Commander Europe. I'd stack that up against that of almost any CEO.

I've long favored Governors as Presidential candidates. That's the kind of executive experience that prepares a person for President. Republicans have a slate of very popular Republican Governors that would make good candidates. Last year I saw a list that showed the five most popular Governors were Republicans and they were also very popular even among Democrats in the states. Morning Consult doesn't provide that for free now.

Ike had extensive executive experience as Supreme Allied Commander Europe. I'd stack that up against that of almost any CEO.

I've long favored Governors as Presidential candidates. That's the kind of executive experience that prepares a person for President. Republicans have a slate of very popular Republican Governors that would make good candidates. Last year I saw a list that showed the five most popular Governors were Republicans and they were also very popular even among Democrats in the states. Morning Consult doesn't provide that for free now.
Governors make sense given it is as close to President as one can get in job description. I just dispute the notion that owning a business makes one singularly superior in being a politician. Running the military as Ike did was a government job.

Business leaders could be politicians, as could scientists, engineers. artists, and yes, even lawyers. I mean Lincoln made it work but lawyers must interbreed like Romonovs, their stock has dropped dramatically since. The first democratically elected president of Poland was a union organizer, the first president of the Czech Republic was a poet. No one ever says we need a poet for president, but why not?

No matter the career path potential leaders take, we can learn about their tendencies and how it would work as president. As an example, Carter was a very smart man, meant well, and ran a business. But he was a severe micro-manager. That doesn't work as president and led to much of his problems. Somehow as an electorate, we missed that.

But there are no guarantees. Hoover should have been a great president. Hoover had headed up economic relief to Belgium during WWI and is considered to have done an excellent job. He often traveled into Germany to negotiate them allowing US ships into Belgium with food, a singular feat of diplomacy. After we entered the war, he became the US food czar and again did brilliantly. After the war, he was tasked with feeding Europe and did quite well. But as president, he was sort of bullied into Smoot-Hawley then slow to react. I don't know that we had warning signs that he would freeze.

I think a career politician or a career diplomat, could make a great president. So could a businessman, or a poet. I don't think there is magic in any career path rather it is the skills and abilities of the individual. But as far as politicians go, governor is an excellent job to show one has the skills.

For every GOP crazy there is a correlated Dem crazy - you don’t want to go down the road of counting crazies.

I’m disappointed with the lack of meaningful attempts at healthcare from the GOP. I can admit that. But countering the ultra progressive liberal agenda is by itself a conservative platform.

I can admit my party isn’t where I want it to be. I think it sucks right now. But the alternate party is chock full of naive ultra progressives being kept somewhat at bay by old blue dog democrats and a razor sharp senator in AZ but the floodgates will soon open. Some of you proclaim to be centrists, and that’s fine and I’ll take your word for it. But giving the Democrats control of everything is NOT going to net centrist policies - especially once Biden and Manchin retire.

When I vote against Democrats, which I don’t always do, I’m mostly voting against their bench which is just as ludicrous as the MTGs and the Hawleys.

My party sucks right now. Again I can admit it. Can you admit yours is about to go off the deep end once the old fuddie duddies retire? Can you admit the disgusting nature of pandering for votes by stoking the dangerous fires of racial divide ? If not, why not?
Like I said. You don’t want to try to count crazies.

She favors $2,000 a month checks to Americans and appears to be anti-Israel according to her Twitter feed.
People can look at Marjorie T-G and her overtly ridiculous views and her stupid videos of doing fake pull ups and deservingly mock her. However the smug left wing cannot see how idiots like Tlaib are just as bad.

Like I warned, never get into counting crazies. There are plenty to go around.

People can look at Marjorie T-G and her overtly ridiculous views and her stupid videos of doing fake pull ups and deservingly mock her. However the smug left wing cannot see how idiots like Tlaib are just as bad.

Like I warned, never get into counting crazies. There are plenty to go around.
Outside of the Squad sisters, I'd be surprised to see any support of this nonsense from any serious Democrat players.

Outside of the Squad sisters, I'd be surprised to see any support of this nonsense from any serious Democrat players.
Serious is a moving target. The crazies on the left have more influence than you acknowledge. Harris made vp.

I still like your proposal of 20 reps

Serious is a moving target. The crazies on the left have more influence than you acknowledge. Harris made vp.

I still like your proposal of 20 reps
I'll wait for Harris to come out in favor of Tailib's statement.

For every GOP crazy there is a correlated Dem crazy - you don’t want to go down the road of counting crazies.
No. There. Isn't.

For starters: what is the correlated Dem crazy for Qanon? there isn't one.

This would be about as competitive as a Luke Brown vs Mac McClung 1 on 1 match.

No contest.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
No. There. Isn't.

No contest.
Or an Alex Jones, who has been around since well before QAnon. And is there really a person in Congress from the left as nutty as Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Or an Alex Jones, who has been around since well before QAnon. And is there really a person in Congress from the left as nutty as Marjorie Taylor Greene?
There's a difference between having some nutty policy ideas and being bat shit crazy.

Reactions: Cortez88
No. There. Isn't.

No contest.
Yes. There. Is.

one might posit that Q was birthed when Hank Johnson feared of a conspiracy to tip the island of Guam over into its side.

Reactions: Spartans9312
The squad sisters are fiscally holding the Democratic Party afloat.

I have a feeling many of us should be far more worried under biden. Anyone with payroll. My guess is that biden will divide this country every hit as much as trump.
1) Changes to be made: "many of us" to "a few of us"
2) No, Biden will not divide the country. Trumpiards such as yourself will.
3) Far more? It depends on the definition of the word "far." To some, such as yourself, one will be far more if done by the other guy. To others, "far more" is a lot more than a few.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
1) Changes to be made: "many of us" to "a few of us"
2) No, Biden will not divide the country. Trumpiards such as yourself will.
3) Far more? It depends on the definition of the word "far." To some, such as yourself, one will be far more if done by the other guy. To others, "far more" is a lot more than a few.
The divide is growing worse dummy. Biden isn’t unifying anything.

Reactions: 76-1
The divide is growing worse dummy. Biden isn’t unifying anything.
If Biden manages to make peace around the world, you would say "because Trump started it."
If Biden manages to grow economy by 100% everywhere, you would say "because Trump started it."
Actually, I don't know why I even respond to a hopeless Trumpian. Maybe you are finally right; I must be a dummy!

If Biden manages to make peace around the world, you would say "because Trump started it."
If Biden manages to grow economy by 100% everywhere, you would say "because Trump started it."
Actually, I don't know why I even respond to a hopeless Trumpian. Maybe you are finally right; I must be a dummy!
Yes you are for sure a dummy. I assume the person who stole your identity gave it back. Can’t blame em.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
As radically liberal as many people here think I am, I’m actually pretty centrist. Economic policies that work. Healthcare that works (my premiums as of 2021 are $925 per month). Government out of people’s bodies and decisions on their own way of life. Reasonable fiscal policies. Etc. Being truthful to the American people (QAnon, voter fraud).

Most of all, holding up the values that built America.

Anything left of batshi** crazy Trumpers is liberal now.

We've tried putting a businessman in the White House before. We got Hoover and Trump.

Trump declared bankruptcy multiple times to screw people over. He also inherited his wealth. Big difference between inheriting wealth and actually creating it yourself. Not sure why Trumpers want to act like that is any better than someone that wasn't a businessman.

Personally, I'd rather have someone that wasn't shady and Trump is about as shady as they come, businessman or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT