ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina's 4 Year, GOP Led Voter Fraud Investigation Has Concluded

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Out of 5 million votes cast and 7 million voters, they found 41 cases of "fraud", mostly innocent mistakes by people who just screwed up. The investigation cost NC taxpayers millions of dollars and GOP leaders promised "shocking revelations of mass voter fraud". As everyone who is literate knows, mass voter fraud is a myth drummed up as an excuse to add more and more voting restrictions. Trump’s own appointed US attorneys lead the investigation, assisted by Republican appointees from the State's Board of Elections, including its director and general counsel. But after years of claims about a voter fraud epidemic of voter fraud, they were able to find almost none.

Always looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Last edited:
Out of 5 million votes cast and 7 million voters, they found 41 cases of "fraud", mostly innocent mistakes by people who just screwed up. The investigation cost NC taxpayers millions of dollars and GOP leaders promised "shocking revelations of mass voter fraud". As everyone who is literate knows, mass voter fraud is a myth drummed up as an excuse to add more and more voting restrictions. Trump’s own appointed US attorneys lead the investigation, assisted by Republican appointees from the State's Board of Elections, including its director and general counsel. But after years of claims about a voter fraud epidemic of voter fraud, they were able to find almost none.

I think we all knew this was a political boondoggle from the beginning. I am concerned about mail vote fraud which should be heavily audited and controlled. We’ll see if that happens.

I think we all knew this was a political boondoggle from the beginning. I am concerned about mail vote fraud which should be heavily audited and controlled. We’ll see if that happens.
But you already have to be registered to vote, receive an application for a ballot where they match your signature with the one on record. You give your name, home address, where you’d like the application mailed and signature. Then they send you a ballot for signature as well.

So, for there has to be mass voter fraud, you would have to coordinate all that information with a huge number of people. My mom sent my Christmas present to an address I hadn't lived at for two years.

It would be incredibly difficult to do on a mass scale because the real voter will show up and everything will be exposed.

The Trump Party is predominantly older white men. Young people, women and minorities vote overwhelmingly for Dems. The continued viability of the Trump Party hinges exclusively on voter suppression and fabricated claims of widespread voter fraud.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
But you already have to be registered to vote, receive an application for a ballot where they match your signature with the one on record. You give your name, home address, where you’d like the application mailed and signature. Then they send you a ballot for signature as well.

So, for there has to be mass voter fraud, you would have to coordinate all that information with a huge number of people. My mom sent my Christmas present to an address I hadn't lived at for two years.

It would be incredibly difficult to do on a mass scale because the real voter will show up and everything will be exposed.
We also don’t need to reinvent the wheel here. A number of states have been doing vote by mail, some exclusively, for decades. Best practices should be adopted and used.

The Trump Party is predominantly older white men. Young people, women and minorities vote overwhelmingly for Dems. The continued viability of the Trump Party hinges exclusively on voter suppression and fabricated claims of widespread voter fraud.

The reality is that the Republican Party doesn't even have a platform. Zero policy ideas except for tax cuts and even looser gun laws.

We also don’t need to reinvent the wheel here. A number of states have been doing vote by mail, some exclusively, for decades. Best practices should be adopted and used.
Mail-in voting has been going on since the Civil War. Oregon has been exclusively mail-in since 2000. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington are all mail-in voting.

Last edited:
Bill Barr: "We have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election."

Reactions: largemouth
Young people, women and minorities vote overwhelmingly for Dems
I would agree relative to young people and minorities but wouldn’t say that, as a group, women overwhelmingly vote Dem. it is the majority and probably a bit higher in the last two cycles due to Trump. It is interesting though that the vote share for Dems with women started growing pretty substantially in the Clinton years and then came down slightly with Bush. The Dems should be concerned that if the Pubs get their act together and run a younger white man (like Bush or say Desantis) or a female (like Haley) they could be in serious trouble.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Would definitely be hard to do on a mass scale I fully agree. I’m more concerned about making sure that mail in ballots are cancelled out of the voter appears at the polling place.

The only place in NC (or the country for that matter) where true fraud took place in recent history was in NC-9, where Republicans attempted to actually rig an election using absentee ballots....

What naive people don't seem to understand is that all campaigns and parties have teams full of voting data experts that can sniff out significant abnormalities and quickly act. Which is exactly what occurred in NC-9.

The big lie of 2020 never produced anything substantive, and it never will.

Would definitely be hard to do on a mass scale I fully agree. I’m more concerned about making sure that mail in ballots are cancelled out of the voter appears at the polling place.
Here is a pretty good explanation of how it works and how mail-in voting actually reduces fraud.

The reality is that the Republican Party doesn't even have a platform. Zero policy ideas except for tax cuts and even looser gun laws.
Yeah. It's all about culture wars, "owning the libs," and creating personal brands. Among Congressional Republicans, there seems to be little interest in actually legislating.

You can do better than this
The Republican Party didn't even bother to put forward a platform for the 2020 election. Instead, they recycled their playbook from 2016:

The list was a combination of the concrete ("allow 100% expensing deductions for essential industries... who bring back their manufacturing to the US"), the vague ("return to normal in 2021" and "teach American exceptionalism"), the already existing ("cover all pre-existing conditions") and the unrealistic ("create 10 million jobs in 10 months" and "wipe out global terrorists who threaten to harm Americans).
It included more money for law enforcement, a crackdown on "violent extremist groups like Antifa" and the oft-promised, yet-to-be-delivered "world's greatest infrastructure system".

You can do better than this
I know what you are getting at, but I do struggle with what the Republican plan is that will appeal to moderates/independents.

I want to get on board, but would love to see a healthcare and infrastructure plan from the right. And also how to pay for military and everything else this country needs in a way besides tax cuts for corporations.

It’s a conservative organization. We don’t love change - especially unreasonable change. National defense, economics, infrastructure, etc.

Keeping a federalist posture, keeping government out of our lives as much as possible. Those aren’t buzzword platforms - it’s a mindset.

Wow...the Republican Party today does none of that.

They run up massive debt. They intrude on other people’s lives with anti abortion, birth control, transgender, gay marriage legislation, Republicans had every chance to improve infrastructure, healthcare, etc. Never happened...then stonewalled anything Democrats suggested. Do they not understand that infrastructure spending will go to private companies?

Republicans siphoned money from the defense budget to build 50 miles of “wall” that could be cut through with a sawsall. They weakened our alliances with traditional democratic allies in favor of dictatorships (not sure how that helps with national defense) and theocracies. Did nothing when Russia not only meddled in our country’s election, but put BOUNTIES on our soldiers.

The may have a “mindset”, but they never walk the walk.

Last edited:
I know what you are getting at, but I do struggle with what the Republican plan is that will appeal to moderates/independents.

I want to get on board, but would love to see a healthcare and infrastructure plan from the right. And also how to pay for military and everything else this country needs in a way besides tax cuts for corporations.

As radically liberal as many people here think I am, I’m actually pretty centrist. Economic policies that work. Healthcare that works (my premiums as of 2021 are $925 per month). Government out of people’s bodies and decisions on their own way of life. Reasonable fiscal policies. Etc. Being truthful to the American people (QAnon, voter fraud).

Most of all, holding up the values that built America.

Last edited:

They run up massive debt. They intrude on other people’s lives with anti abortion, birth control, transgender, gay marriage legislation, Republicans had every chance to improve infrastructure, healthcare, etc. Never happened...then stonewalled anything Democrats suggested. Do they not understand that infrastructure spending will go to private companies?

Republicans siphoned money from the defense budget to build 50 miles of “wall” that could be cut through with a sawsall. They weakened our alliances with traditional democratic allies in favor of dictatorships (not sure how that helps with national defense) and theocracies. Did nothing when Russia not only meddled in our country’s election, but put BOUNTIES on our soldiers.

These are all talking points. Nothing more nothing less.

They have zero ideas. All they do is bitch about dems having bad ideas while offering exactly zero alternatives. Then they have catch phrases like “cancel culture”. They exist to do nothing but pass tax cuts for rich people and block everything else. That’s it. That’s the entirety of their existence.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It’s a conservative organization. We don’t love change - especially unreasonable change. National defense, economics, infrastructure, etc.

Keeping a federalist posture, keeping government out of our lives as much as possible. Those aren’t buzzword platforms - it’s a mindset.

Those are the conservative buzzwords and I agree emphatically that the party used to try to govern but...Newt started it and Trump has completely distorted grievance politics in the party.

You guys haven't put out a plan for much of anything in years. No Healthcare reform. No infrastructure.

I mean hell for the first time ever the RNC didn't even put out a policy platform. They just said we support Trump.

Take MTG. She does nothing. She's on zero committees. She just goes on social media and conservative news and crazy talks liberals.

She just raised millions in campaign funding in her first three months.

Again she is as useful as a pencil sharpener in congress right now with zero effort to actually govern.

Cruz and Hawley voted against every Biden cabinet nominee.

The party is now full on grievance politics, grievance governing.

It's annoying.

Please take your party back my friend.

Those are the conservative buzzwords and I agree emphatically that the party used to try to govern but...Newt started it and Trump has completely distorted grievance politics in the party.

You guys haven't put out a plan for much of anything in years. No Healthcare reform. No infrastructure.

I mean hell for the first time ever the RNC didn't even put out a policy platform. They just said we support Trump.

Take MTG. She does nothing. She's on zero committees. She just goes on social media and conservative news and crazy talks liberals.

She just raised millions in campaign funding in her first three months.

Again she is as useful as a pencil sharpener in congress right now with zero effort to actually govern.

Cruz and Hawley voted against every Biden cabinet nominee.

The party is now full on grievance politics, grievance governing.

It's annoying.

Please take your party back my friend.
For every GOP crazy there is a correlated Dem crazy - you don’t want to go down the road of counting crazies.

I’m disappointed with the lack of meaningful attempts at healthcare from the GOP. I can admit that. But countering the ultra progressive liberal agenda is by itself a conservative platform.

I can admit my party isn’t where I want it to be. I think it sucks right now. But the alternate party is chock full of naive ultra progressives being kept somewhat at bay by old blue dog democrats and a razor sharp senator in AZ but the floodgates will soon open. Some of you proclaim to be centrists, and that’s fine and I’ll take your word for it. But giving the Democrats control of everything is NOT going to net centrist policies - especially once Biden and Manchin retire.

When I vote against Democrats, which I don’t always do, I’m mostly voting against their bench which is just as ludicrous as the MTGs and the Hawleys.

My party sucks right now. Again I can admit it. Can you admit yours is about to go off the deep end once the old fuddie duddies retire? Can you admit the disgusting nature of pandering for votes by stoking the dangerous fires of racial divide ? If not, why not?

For every GOP crazy there is a correlated Dem crazy - you don’t want to go down the road of counting crazies.

I’m disappointed with the lack of meaningful attempts at healthcare from the GOP. I can admit that. But countering the ultra progressive liberal agenda is by itself a conservative platform.

I can admit my party isn’t where I want it to be. I think it sucks right now. But the alternate party is chock full of naive ultra progressives being kept somewhat at bay by old blue dog democrats and a razor sharp senator in AZ but the floodgates will soon open. Some of you proclaim to be centrists, and that’s fine and I’ll take your word for it. But giving the Democrats control of everything is NOT going to net centrist policies - especially once Biden and Manchin retire.

When I vote against Democrats, which I don’t always do, I’m mostly voting against their bench which is just as ludicrous as the MTGs and the Hawleys.

My party sucks right now. Again I can admit it. Can you admit yours is about to go off the deep end once the old fuddie duddies retire? Can you admit the disgusting nature of pandering for votes by stoking the dangerous fires of racial divide ? If not, why not?

Hell yeah, I admit it.
Both parties are pandering to their extremes.
Damn near every time Pelosi opens her mouth I want to yell, "Just STFU". Exact same feeling I had/have with Trump.
Most pols are only concerned with getting reelected and kowtow to major donors.
Wish there were either term limits or a viable third party.

Edit: Parties may have an equal number of loons, but IMHO, GOP has a much higher quality.

Hell yeah, I admit it.
Both parties are pandering to their extremes.
Damn near every time Pelosi opens her mouth I want to yell, "Just STFU". Exact same feeling I had/have with Trump.
Most pols are only concerned with getting reelected and kowtow to major donors.
Wish there were either term limits or a viable third party.
Correct. Both parties are a four alarm dumpster fire - but usually the Dems try to occupy some phony high ground while pandering and dividing.

Of course we have loons but with dem loons, from my perspective, I most often can see where they are coming from in regards to policy which is the distinction.

I used to be able to say the same for conservatives but I honestly struggle with your fight these days.

Pubs seem to be more 'stop the evil libs' than 'here is why our policy platform is best for the country's well being'.

We've thrown out McCain Republicans as the old school example of what a conservative platform used to represent. I didn't vote for McCain, but I never questioned his desire to govern and felt that his conservative policies had the country's best interest at heart from his POV.

Which is where the whole racist thing has really come into play.

From my perspective the current republican party just plays to the core base (which is a shift in politicking). It's been a huge money maker and it's envigorated a part of the country that, how do I say this, feels there's an unwanted and uncomfortable culture shift happening.

That ties into the evangelical thinking.

And yes I'm talking western white culture. Or as Tucker Carlson will say 'western civilization' or 'western culture' ....he means white Anglo Saxon culture.

Anyway, that's where the racism radar comes from.

Its hard to fire up a passionate base that's a majority of a certain segment of society without a racial overtone, especially when the message is grievance and fear.

It's kindof the Pat Buchanan playbook. Push the fear with shocking rhetoric and then say that you're just a rebel standing up to the establishment. Watch others cheer you while being scared of a boogieman.

They want to shut me up but I won't let them!!

The problem is that grievance politics works.

It will have us at each other's throat but it works.

Right now the pubs in my view are much more committed to it.

I would not be surprised if the dems follow suit but I don't think we're there quite yet but are trending.

Correct. Both parties are a four alarm dumpster fire - but usually the Dems try to occupy some phony high ground while pandering and dividing.
Right now the Pubs are digging faster. There is no high ground. Just higher ground.

You answered your self right before this comment. She raises money. They need money to get re-elected. Simple math. She sure as hell doesn’t need whatever gobs of millions she raises and it will go straight to the general Pub re-election fund.

God this whole system sucks.

Just came across this one from someone with decades of experience in the Republican Party. From my perspective, there has been a clear divergence from the party where character matters to what we have today. His point about personal accountability being for suckers really hit home.

Sure, the Ds have their issues too, but this is the neighbor whose house is engulfed in flames complaining about the guy down the street with the bad lawn.

Reactions: DrHoops
The Republicans' primary platform plank is to generate and spread fear of what they say Democrats are going to do. Trump had a couple years with Republican control of Congress, and he accomplished remarkably little.

The Republicans' primary platform plank is to generate and spread fear of what they say Democrats are going to do. Trump had a couple years with Republican control of Congress, and he accomplished remarkably little.
Good. I’d prefer gov do very little. It’s better for all of us. Will your taxes go up bwahahahaha not a chance. You’re all for spending other peoples’ money aren’t ya? Right after a pandemic let’s raise taxes!! Not every company is amazon....

Btw what company has biden ever run? When has he ever had to meet payroll? 50 years cashing gov checks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Of course we have loons but with dem loons, from my perspective, I most often can see where they are coming from in regards to policy which is the distinction.

I used to be able to say the same for conservatives but I honestly struggle with your fight these days.

Pubs seem to be more 'stop the evil libs' than 'here is why our policy platform is best for the country's well being'.

We've thrown out McCain Republicans as the old school example of what a conservative platform used to represent. I didn't vote for McCain, but I never questioned his desire to govern and felt that his conservative policies had the country's best interest at heart from his POV.

Which is where the whole racist thing has really come into play.

From my perspective the current republican party just plays to the core base (which is a shift in politicking). It's been a huge money maker and it's envigorated a part of the country that, how do I say this, feels there's an unwanted and uncomfortable culture shift happening.

That ties into the evangelical thinking.

And yes I'm talking western white culture. Or as Tucker Carlson will say 'western civilization' or 'western culture' ....he means white Anglo Saxon culture.

Anyway, that's where the racism radar comes from.

Its hard to fire up a passionate base that's a majority of a certain segment of society without a racial overtone, especially when the message is grievance and fear.

It's kindof the Pat Buchanan playbook. Push the fear with shocking rhetoric and then say that you're just a rebel standing up to the establishment. Watch others cheer you while being scared of a boogieman.

They want to shut me up but I won't let them!!

The problem is that grievance politics works.

It will have us at each other's throat but it works.

Right now the pubs in my view are much more committed to it.

I would not be surprised if the dems follow suit but I don't think we're there quite yet but are trending.
Here is the Republicans's biggest problem:
trump-fail-004.jpg

They still can't do anything or even propose anything without His blessing. It hasn't gone away -- it's just as bad as always. There is no room in the Republican party for a second opinion about anything, no matter how ridiculous, incendiary or criminal it may be.

trump-fail-004.jpg

They still can't do anything or even propose anything without His blessing. It hasn't gone away -- it's just as bad as always. There is no room in the Republican party for a second opinion about anything, no matter how ridiculous, incendiary or criminal it may be.

Trump isn’t the president. He’s a citizen The guy who’s cashed gov checks for 50 years is our concern now.

trump-fail-004.jpg

An 80 year old who has never held a job outside of gov in 50 years is mortgaging our future. Are you worried?

Or are you just still obsessed with trump. Waiting to collect your check on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT