ADVERTISEMENT

Very Interesting Article about the Georgia Guidestones

I love about 15 miles from them. Some crazy ass woman ran for governor the last election on the platform of destroying the demonic guidestones. I don’t live in Elbert County but I know one of the county commissioners and they’re glad they’re gone regardless of the cause. And as a side note, Elbert County is where the rock quarry scenes of “Breaking Away” were filmed rather than B-town

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
They're mistaken. I was here in Bloomington during the filming. It was done at the Sanders Quarry south of town.

I was at Sanders Quarry when they were filming. It was our swimming hole before gaining notoriety in the film.

Quarry was still rocking as late as 2014. The safety Nazi’s have killed it now.

I remember a kid in my house, real skinny guy, he jumped from the highest point in the quarry and the water shot up his ass so hard that it tore his sphincter.

Poor guy.

They're mistaken. I was here in Bloomington during the filming. It was done at the Sanders Quarry south of town.

So my sleuthing has discovered that there was short lived TV series in 1980-81 based on Breaking Away that was filmed in and around Athens, GA. Who knew???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT