ADVERTISEMENT

LOL

Where is your confusion? You yelled loud and proud that these folks were not infact illegal. Loudly. proudly.
Yet in the first two sentences of your link "if they crossed illegally"... I can only assume that your spinal column is kinda, flexible with the direction of the wind of any day, minute or political whim.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Where is your confusion? You yelled loud and proud that these folks were not infact illegal. Loudly. proudly.
Yet in the first two sentences of your link "if they crossed illegally"... I can only assume that your spinal column is kinda, flexible with the direction of the wind of any day, minute or political whim.
I did? Loudly and proudly? These people? I guess I forgot about all the things I said in your fevered fantasies.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I did? Loudly and proudly? These people? I guess I forgot about all the things I said in your fevered fantasies.
That's pretty convenient. You were playing the "neutral" lawyer gig (and by neutral I mean supporting the left ideas), your intentions were obvious (and that isn't a bad thing, devils advocate and all). It's all right, everyone has to be something, and most of us know it.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS and DANC
That's pretty convenient. You were playing the "neutral" lawyer gig (and by neutral I mean supporting the left ideas), your intentions were obvious (and that isn't a bad thing, devils advocate and all). It's all right, everyone has to be something, and most of us know it.
So I loudly and proudly explained someone else's position?

Gosh I wish you could demonstrate this loud pride to me.
up at the top, there is an oval area that says search. Start there. It's like almost magical in how it's a near portal to the past. It make so many memory just .... come back again. Kinda cool actually.

So how will Biden's invoking of 212f be different from Trump's?

In 2018, Trump tried to use 212f, which gives the president broad authority to implement immigration restrictions to restrict border crossings. But ultimately, a federal appeals court ruled that the authority conflicts with asylum law and the 212f authority doesn’t override it.
[...]
“President Biden has broad powers under the immigration statute, but they are not unlimited. Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act allows a president to suspend the entry of noncitizens who are ‘detrimental to the interests of the United States,’ but that doesn’t mean he can just shut the border to everyone,” Stephen Yale-Loehr, an immigration law expert, previously told CNN.

Reactions: BradStevens
Biden is going to turn the border issue around on Republicans for thwarting the mostly conservative bipartisan bill. He also seems to have someone running his campaign that plays raw hard ball politics as opposed to trying to appeal only to the high minded. There’s a large swath of voters who are morons. It’s refreshing that the Dems finally realize this.

Biden is going to turn the border issue around on Republicans for thwarting the mostly conservative bipartisan bill. He also seems to have someone running his campaign that plays raw hard ball politics as opposed to trying to appeal only to the high minded. There’s a large swath of voters who are morons. It’s refreshing that the Dems finally realize this.
It’s too late. This mess sits squarely on Biden’s shoulders, as it should. Too little too late. Isn’t there another bill making its way through Congress? I agree about the Dems recognizing large swaths of voters are morons is key. Self awareness will lead to improvement.

Biden is going to turn the border issue around on Republicans for thwarting the mostly conservative bipartisan bill.
Lol. No, he’s not.

He’s considering this out of desperation.

Its got nothing to do with republicans.

Its got everything to do with his atrocious polling.

Remember, when he was campaigning Trumps immigration policies were xenophobic and unamerican. Now he wants to do basically what Trump was doing.

Lol. No, he’s not.

He’s considering this out of desperation.

Its got nothing to do with republicans.

Its got everything to do with his atrocious polling.

Remember, when he was campaigning Trumps immigration policies were xenophobic and unamerican. Now he wants to do basically what Trump was doing.
You're probably correct, and I don't blame you for the cynicism. I do think that part of the immigration problem is not only the rollback of Trump Era policies, but also the perception by immigrants that the coast was clear, and they should get while the getting was good.

At what point should the America first crowd accept the victory? If the true concern was stopping/slowing the crisis, they would have accepted the Senate bill, and improved it ASAP. They didn't.

The fact that it took so long for others to get on board is also a result of the boy who cried caravan, and a problem known liars generally face. Trump should have taken the Dems concession, and the W.

You're probably correct, and I don't blame you for the cynicism. I do think that part of the immigration problem is not only the rollback of Trump Era policies, but also the perception by immigrants that the coast was clear, and they should get while the getting was good.

At what point should the America first crowd accept the victory? If the true concern was stopping/slowing the crisis, they would have accepted the Senate bill, and improved it ASAP. They didn't.

The fact that it took so long for others to get on board is also a result of the boy who cried caravan, and a problem known liars generally face. Trump should have taken the Dems concession, and the W.
I'm still wondering how Bidens use of 212f will differ from Trump's, which was struck down by the courts.

Would it have truly been a win though? I’d liken it to a field goal when a touchdown is needed…

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Would it have truly been a win though? I’d liken it to a field goal when a touchdown is needed…
3000>4000, 5000>6000 when it comes to immigrants/day. Especially, if we agree it's a crisis.

Allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good doesn't make much sense in a crisis does it? Isn't that why tourniquets are a thing?

Edit: That's why not accepting the Senate deal is a bad move politically. A certain percentage of the population will see through it. It's either not as big a deal as Republicans claim, or they've put their political wellbeing ahead of the country's.

Last edited:
3000>4000, 5000>6000 when it comes to immigrants/day. Especially, if we agree it's a crisis.

Allowing the perfect to be the enemy of the good doesn't make much sense in a crisis does it? Isn't that why tourniquets are a thing?

Edit: That's why not accepting the Senate deal is a bad move politically. A certain percentage of the population will see through it. It's either not as big a deal as Republicans claim, or they've put their political wellbeing ahead of the country's.
The supposition that it’s that deal or nothing is a flawed premise. If accepting that deal “locks in” 5000 for at least the next year when another two months of negotiation or drafting a better bill make it 3000, unless there is some specific reason that the 3000 is not achievable. I haven’t seen any reason, just a mantra that everyone take what they can get & should be happy with it. Not conceding a shitty deal isn’t equivalent to needing a perfect deal.

The supposition that it’s that deal or nothing is a flawed premise. If accepting that deal “locks in” 5000 for at least the next year when another two months of negotiation or drafting a better bill make it 3000, unless there is some specific reason that the 3000 is not achievable. I haven’t seen any reason, just a mantra that everyone take what they can get & should be happy with it. Not conceding a shitty deal isn’t equivalent to needing a perfect deal.

"At what point should the America first crowd accept the victory? If the true concern was stopping/slowing the crisis, they would have accepted the Senate bill, and improved it ASAP. They didn't."

I think you missed the "and improved it ASAP", from the first post you replied to.

Reactions: hoot1
"At what point should the America first crowd accept the victory? If the true concern was stopping/slowing the crisis, they would have accepted the Senate bill, and improved it ASAP. They didn't."

I think you missed the "and improved it ASAP", from the first post you replied to.
I didn’t, but improving the situation in the near term at the expense of the long term is like stepping over dollars to pick up a nickel. You’re saying be happy with the nickel, but the dollar is right there too.

I didn’t, but improving the situation in the near term at the expense of the long term is like stepping over dollars to pick up a nickel. You’re saying be happy with the nickel, but the dollar is right there too.
If the dollar is there too, why doesn't the House send their bill to the Senate?

Edit: Or, if the dollar was there, they could pass something and iron out the details in conference. So what is the House doing?

Last edited:
If the dollar is there too, why doesn't the House send their bill to the Senate?

Edit: Or, if the dollar was there, they could pass something and iron out the details in conference. So what is the House doing?
Are they not going to? I hadn’t heard it was dead…

The Senate bill is dead. I haven’t heard anything about the House bill. My assumption is that it took so much negotiating to get the Senate bill that much deviation from it will make it DOA. That's why I'm saying they should have taken what they got.

Hopefully they’re not agreeing to the ready, shoot, aim approach some are advocating. Tying all of the foreign aid to it is certainly not helping matters.

Hopefully they’re not agreeing to the ready, shoot, aim approach some are advocating. Tying all of the foreign aid to it is certainly not helping matters.
That approach made Bill Cook a billionaire.

The Senate bill is dead. I haven’t heard anything about the House bill. My assumption is that it took so much negotiating to get the Senate bill that much deviation from it will make it DOA. That's why I'm saying they should have taken what they got.
There is Still Hope

Should Dems take what they get if the bill moves forward?
That approach made Bill Cook a billionaire.
Works for everyone & everything then, huh?🙄

They already had a bill - HR2, that the Senate wouldn't consider.

Reactions: Digressions
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT