ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats are stupid

But I am doing well. 😝

Seriously, though, use the ignore feature. It’ll make your time more enjoyable.
Here's what it looked like when I put the shitposters on "Ignore".
Hardly worth it.

unrecognizable-female-holding-modern-smartphone-with-big-blank-white-screen-hand_116547-25081.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, I know. Terrible optics, questionable ethics, but I don't see how it directly affects the case.

Reminds me of how stupid HRC was with her email stuff.
Getting back to the original theme. There are always two sides to every story, and as the facts emerge the "bombshell allegations" vs Fani Willis continue to dissipate.

First of all this has all sprung from allegations made by one of Trump's GA co-defendants and his legal team, in an effort to get the case dismissed. Trump's team has even joined the fray, but it looks like it's all going to explode in their faces...

Basically Wade and his ex-wife split in 2017, both declaring the marriage irreconcillable after he accused her of having multiple affairs. I don't believe they have lived together since then,and in fact she hasn't even lived in GA since 2021.

The allegations were an attempt to have the divorce proceedings revealed by the lawyers for Michael Roman who attempted to drag Wade's divorce into the case. They basically tried to claim by that she and Wade were having an affair,and that Willis had basically broke up his marraige. They alledged it was a conflict of interest and improper relationship, that Wade was unqualified for the position he was hired for,and that somehow hiring an "unqualified" prosecutor caused harm to the DEFENDANT's case...

Now first of all the notion that hiring an "incompetent" prosecutor damages the defendant's case is counter intuititve to begin with. If Wade is "unqualified and incompetent" that would hinder the prosecution's ability and performance and actually benefit the defendant.

Also Wade did not just fall off the turnip truck. He's a long time Defense attorney who has also been a judge, and has acted as a special prosecutor on cases thruout GA. He wasn't even Willis's first choice. She approached multiple candidates, including former GA Governor Roy Barnes, as well as former Federal Prosecutor Gabe Banks, who is a highly respected defense attorney in Atlanta. None of the other candidates wanted to deal with the security concens to themselves or their families posed by Trump's MAGA cultists...

The idea that Wade is being paid an exhorbitant amount and that he and Willis are enriching themselves with Taxpayer funds is ludicrous. He makes a fraction of what someone like Jack Smith and his team make, and has his own hihly successful firm that focuses on personal injury and contract litigation cases. As is often the case he likely took a pay cut when he accepted the role of special prosecutor in the case.

Again this whole issue arose out of allegations made by Roman's defense team, and one of their key pieces of evidence was to be revealed when Wade's divorce records were unsealed.But when the 100s of pages were revealed there was not a single mention of Willis. I don't understand the legal mumbo jumbo as it relates to divorce proceedings, but eveidently his ex-wife filed various motions to validate her claim that he was holding out on her, and Roman's attorneys seized on that as a way to drag Wills in and tarnish the reputations of both Willis and Wade.

But to claim that Wade was having an extra marital affair with his boss (as Roman did) and then not even see her mentioned a single time in the divorce proceedings is sort of deflating the Roman balloon. This story mentions that there is a evidentary hearing in the divorce case set for today (Jan 31) and that the hearing on Roman's motion to dismiss his case has previously been scheduled by Judge McAfee has been set for Feb 15.

I've watched previous livestreams of McAfee in other hearings on various motions connected to this case, and he strikes me as a pretty measued guy who listens to frivilous claims, hears them out and then dismisses them pretty routinely... I don't know if ultimately both Wade and Willis will remain on the case, but I'm pretty confidant that given latest developments McAfee will not rule to dismiss the case against Roman/ or Trump.

Getting back to the original theme. There are always two sides to every story, and as the facts emerge the "bombshell allegations" vs Fani Willis continue to dissipate.

First of all this has all sprung from allegations made by one of Trump's GA co-defendants and his legal team, in an effort to get the case dismissed. Trump's team has even joined the fray, but it looks like it's all going to explode in their faces...

Basically Wade and his ex-wife split in 2017, both declaring the marriage irreconcillable after he accused her of having multiple affairs. I don't believe they have lived together since then,and in fact she hasn't even lived in GA since 2021.

The allegations were an attempt to have the divorce proceedings revealed by the lawyers for Michael Roman who attempted to drag Wade's divorce into the case. They basically tried to claim by that she and Wade were having an affair,and that Willis had basically broke up his marraige. They alledged it was a conflict of interest and improper relationship, that Wade was unqualified for the position he was hired for,and that somehow hiring an "unqualified" prosecutor caused harm to the DEFENDANT's case...

Now first of all the notion that hiring an "incompetent" prosecutor damages the defendant's case is counter intuititve to begin with. If Wade is "unqualified and incompetent" that would hinder the prosecution's ability and performance and actually benefit the defendant.

Also Wade did not just fall off the turnip truck. He's a long time Defense attorney who has also been a judge, and has acted as a special prosecutor on cases thruout GA. He wasn't even Willis's first choice. She approached multiple candidates, including former GA Governor Roy Barnes, as well as former Federal Prosecutor Gabe Banks, who is a highly respected defense attorney in Atlanta. None of the other candidates wanted to deal with the security concens to themselves or their families posed by Trump's MAGA cultists...

The idea that Wade is being paid an exhorbitant amount and that he and Willis are enriching themselves with Taxpayer funds is ludicrous. He makes a fraction of what someone like Jack Smith and his team make, and has his own hihly successful firm that focuses on personal injury and contract litigation cases. As is often the case he likely took a pay cut when he accepted the role of special prosecutor in the case.

Again this whole issue arose out of allegations made by Roman's defense team, and one of their key pieces of evidence was to be revealed when Wade's divorce records were unsealed.But when the 100s of pages were revealed there was not a single mention of Willis. I don't understand the legal mumbo jumbo as it relates to divorce proceedings, but eveidently his ex-wife filed various motions to validate her claim that he was holding out on her, and Roman's attorneys seized on that as a way to drag Wills in and tarnish the reputations of both Willis and Wade.

But to claim that Wade was having an extra marital affair with his boss (as Roman did) and then not even see her mentioned a single time in the divorce proceedings is sort of deflating the Roman balloon. This story mentions that there is a evidentary hearing in the divorce case set for today (Jan 31) and that the hearing on Roman's motion to dismiss his case has previously been scheduled by Judge McAfee has been set for Feb 15.

I've watched previous livestreams of McAfee in other hearings on various motions connected to this case, and he strikes me as a pretty measued guy who listens to frivilous claims, hears them out and then dismisses them pretty routinely... I don't know if ultimately both Wade and Willis will remain on the case, but I'm pretty confidant that given latest developments McAfee will not rule to dismiss the case against Roman/ or Trump.

You weave together a nice story that defends the integrity of Willis and Wade. Not sure why. Two things can be true at once: Trump is guilty of whatever he is charged with in Georgia AND Willis and Wade are having an affair and corruptly benefiting from her hiring of him.

Even PBS is reporting Wade has "little prosecutorial experience" and that Willis has not denied the affair.

As for your characterizations of Wade's extensive legal experience and his "highly profitable" law firm, what are you relying on to support that? I've looked at their website, viewed their practice areas--they aren't highly successful attorneys. Dudes are advertising for car wreck cases and divorces. He was a judge, as you say--but of a muni court! Wade attended John Marshall law school--ranked 171 (tied) out of 196 law schools in the United States! And he's the guy Willis tabs to prosecute the former President of the United States? Laughable. Maybe the two aren't having an affair, but Willis's selection of this guy is hiring malpractice.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
You weave together a nice story that defends the integrity of Willis and Wade. Not sure why. Two things can be true at once: Trump is guilty of whatever he is charged with in Georgia AND Willis and Wade are having an affair and corruptly benefiting from her hiring of him.

Even PBS is reporting Wade has "little prosecutorial experience" and that Willis has not denied the affair.

As for your characterizations of Wade's extensive legal experience and his "highly profitable" law firm, what are you relying on to support that? I've looked at their website, viewed their practice areas--they aren't highly successful attorneys. Dudes are advertising for car wreck cases and divorces. He was a judge, as you say--but of a muni court! Wade attended John Marshall law school--ranked 171 (tied) out of 196 law schools in the United States! And he's the guy Willis tabs to prosecute the former President of the United States? Laughable. Maybe the two aren't having an affair, but Willis's selection of this guy is hiring malpractice.
They could be having an affair, but I don't think that is why she hired him or even that it was happening when she hired him. She was elected in 2020 and assumed her position on Jan 1. On Feb 10, 2021 she sent a notice to GA officials informing them of her intention to launch an investigation into election interference in GA in 2020,and asked them to preserve any evidence related to those events. The letter did not mention Trump or any other possible subject by name.

She hired Wade on Nov 1 2021, and he filed for divorce the next day. But that was almost a full 10 months after her initial letter,and seems to point to her difficulty getting someone else to take the job...Isikoff and Klaidman spent 2 years emeshed in the Willis/Trump saga, and their book "Find Me The votes" was just released yesterday...

"One revelation in the book is that Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade, accused of an "improper, clandestine relationship" with Willis, was not her first choice, according to Klaidman. Willis initially approached Roy Barnes, a former governor of Georgia, and Gabe Banks, a former federal prosecutor and highly respected criminal defense lawyer, both of whom declined involvement due to the politically incendiary nature of the case and the time it would require of them.

Willis eventually turned to Wade, a friend and mentor, believing he had the toughness to handle the case. However, a source told the book's authors that Wade was not intended to be the lead courtroom lawyer but was hired to organize the investigation, run the grand jury and hammer out immunity deals."

I'm not sure if your characterization of hiring Wade as "malpractice" is warranted, since it seems no one else more qualified wanted the job. Also he seems to have enjoyed a great deal of success navigating successful plea deals, a special grand jury and then securing indictments from a regular Grand Jury...Maybe he grew into his role, when no one else wanted the job?

"Jan. 20, 2022: Wade requests Fulton County Superior Court to impanel a special purpose grand jury to investigate possible attempts to disrupt the 2020 election.

May 2, 2022: A special purpose grand jury is empaneled to investigate attempts by former President Donald Trump and his supporters to overturn his loss in Georgia.

June 1, 2022: The special purpose grand jury is seated. They hear from 75 witnesses, including former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and Gov. Brian Kemp."

It wasn't till nearly a year after he was placed on the payroll that the first of 2 "lavish vacations occurred. So I'm curious after 11 months of doing the job when does Wade's money become his money? According to this account he spent roughly $10,000 on a 3 person trip to Miami/cruise...

"October-November 2022: On Oct. 4, Wade spends more than $1,300 for three American Airlines tickets to Miami for himself, Willis, and Clara Bowman, according to credit card statements. The statements also show more than $8,000 in charges from Royal Caribbean Cruises, Vacation Express, the Hyatt Regency in Aruba, and Norwegian Cruise Line. There are no names associated with those charges."

Btw, Clara Bowman is Wade's mother. So asking her to come along on a "lover's tryst" seems a little far fetched....

This appears to have occurred after the case had been presented and was in the hands of the Special Grand jury. The SGJ returned reccommendations in a sealed report on Dec 15, and the judge involved (McBurney) basically announced on Jan 9 that the SGJ has completed it's work and submitted final results to him. Since they reccommended indictments vs 12 subjects it seems Wade was successful at the task he was being paid for...

The other incident where Willis's name comes up with Wade...

"April 25, 2023: Wade spends $817 on Delta Air Lines tickets to San Francisco. His and Willis' names appear on the credit card statement.

May 14, 2023: Wade spends $840 for what appears to be a stay at the DoubleTree hotel in Napa Valley. However, Willis' name does not appear on the credit card statement.

I don't know if they are lovers or not, but that doesn't strike me as overwhelming evidence of something nefarious.

And as far as Wade's ability to perform the job, the Grand Jury is impanelled in July...

"July 11, 2023: Fulton County grand jurors are sworn in to begin considering charges against former President Trump and his co-conspirators.

Aug. 14, 2023: Former President Donald Trump and 18 other people are indicted by a Fulton County grand jury, accused of scheming to illegally overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia"

Since then he has secured at least 4 key plea agreements, so I don't honestly see the case for malfeasance or claiming someone else could have done a better job.As I said McAfee may decide to remove one or both because of optics, but it's not like Wade didn't perform very well in the role prior to taking "lavish vacations" using money it appears he earned.

And it seems like these were pretty unsubstantiated charges meant to disrupt the case and a vain attempt by a former WH aide and Trump co-conspirator (Roman) to muddy the waters and save his bacon.They never really had any evidence that there was some sort of undue influence on the case.

They just made charges with no evidence and the right wing media jumped on the bandwagon and amplified it until the mainstream media picked it up. Their ace in the hole was supposedly the (improperly) sealed divorce paperwork, but after raising a demand to have those pages unsealed, there was nothing there.

Hell I even posted critically about this situation at the beginning of this thread.But at that point all we had to go on were Roman's accusations. They just made charges, without any evidence, and it's a little disheartening how people were conned (myself included) into just believing that Willis hired her "unqualified boyfriend" so they could enrich themselves with taxpayer money.

It's not like she hired him and they started to take trips together from day one. Or that any of these proposed incidents occurred when they were supposed to be working. A trip a year in the downtime between doing the work on the Special Ground jury and the Grand Jury. Not exactly the extravagant lifestyle they were accused of leading...

Last edited:
They could be having an affair, but I don't think that is why she hired him or even that it was happening when she hired him. She was elected in 2020 and assumed her position on Jan 1. On Feb 10, 2021 she sent a notice to GA officials informing them of her intention to launch an investigation into election interference in GA in 2020,and asked them to preserve any evidence related to those events. The letter did not mention Trump or any other possible subject by name.

She hired Wade on Nov 1 2021, and he filed for divorce the next day. But that was almost a full 10 months after her initial letter,and seems to point to her difficulty getting someone else to take the job...Isikoff and Klaidman spent 2 years emeshed in the Willis/Trump saga, and their book "Find Me The votes" was just released yesterday...

"One revelation in the book is that Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade, accused of an "improper, clandestine relationship" with Willis, was not her first choice, according to Klaidman. Willis initially approached Roy Barnes, a former governor of Georgia, and Gabe Banks, a former federal prosecutor and highly respected criminal defense lawyer, both of whom declined involvement due to the politically incendiary nature of the case and the time it would require of them.

Willis eventually turned to Wade, a friend and mentor, believing he had the toughness to handle the case. However, a source told the book's authors that Wade was not intended to be the lead courtroom lawyer but was hired to organize the investigation, run the grand jury and hammer out immunity deals."

I'm not sure if your characterization of hiring Wade as "malpractice" is warranted, since it seems no one else more qualified wanted the job. Also he seems to have enjoyed a great deal of success navigating successful plea deals, a special grand jury and then securing indictments from a regular Grand Jury...Maybe he grew into his role, when no one else wanted the job?

"Jan. 20, 2022: Wade requests Fulton County Superior Court to impanel a special purpose grand jury to investigate possible attempts to disrupt the 2020 election.

May 2, 2022: A special purpose grand jury is empaneled to investigate attempts by former President Donald Trump and his supporters to overturn his loss in Georgia.

June 1, 2022: The special purpose grand jury is seated. They hear from 75 witnesses, including former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, and Gov. Brian Kemp."

It wasn't till nearly a year after he was placed on the payroll that the first of 2 "lavish vacations occurred. So I'm curious after 11 months of doing the job when does Wade's money become his money? According to this account he spent roughly $10,000 on a 3 person trip to Miami/cruise...

"October-November 2022: On Oct. 4, Wade spends more than $1,300 for three American Airlines tickets to Miami for himself, Willis, and Clara Bowman, according to credit card statements. The statements also show more than $8,000 in charges from Royal Caribbean Cruises, Vacation Express, the Hyatt Regency in Aruba, and Norwegian Cruise Line. There are no names associated with those charges."

Btw, Clara Bowman is Wade's mother. So asking her to come along on a "lover's tryst" seems a little far fetched....

This appears to have occurred after the case had been presented and was in the hands of the Special Grand jury. The SGJ returned reccommendations in a sealed report on Dec 15, and the judge involved (McBurney) basically announced on Jan 9 that the SGJ has completed it's work and submitted final results to him. Since they reccommended indictments vs 12 subjects it seems Wade was successful at the task he was being paid for...

"April 25, 2023: Wade spends $817 on Delta Air Lines tickets to San Francisco. His and Willis' names appear on the credit card statement.

May 14, 2023: Wade spends $840 for what appears to be a stay at the DoubleTree hotel in Napa Valley. However, Willis' name does not appear on the credit card statement.

I don't know if they are lovers or not, but that doesn't strike me as overwhelming evidence of something nefarious.

And as far as Wade's ability to perform the job, the Grand Jury is impanelled in July...

"July 11, 2023: Fulton County grand jurors are sworn in to begin considering charges against former President Trump and his co-conspirators.

Aug. 14, 2023: Former President Donald Trump and 18 other people are indicted by a Fulton County grand jury, accused of scheming to illegally overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia"

Since then he has secured at least 4 key plea agreements, so I don't honestly see the case for malfeasance or claiming someone else could have done a better job.As I said McAfee may decide to remove one or both because of optics, but it's not like Wade didn't perform very well in the role prior to taking "lavish vacations" using money it appears he earned.

And it seems like these were pretty unsubstantiated charges meant to disrupt the case and a vain attempt by a former WH aide and Trump co-conspirator (Roman) to muddy the waters and save his bacon.They never really had any evidence that there was some sort of undue influence on the case.

They just made charges with no evidence and the right wing media jumped on the bandwagon and amplified it until the mainstream media picked it up. Their ace in the hole was supposedly the (improperly) sealed divorce paperwork, but after raising a demand to have those pages unsealed, there was nothing there.

Hell I even posted critically about this situation at the beginning of this thread.But at that point all we had to go on were Roman's accusations. They just made charges, without any evidence, and it's a little disheartening how people were conned (myself included) into just believing that Willis hired her "unqualified boyfriend" so they could enrich themselves with taxpayer money.

It's not like she hired him and they started to take trips together from day one. Or that any of these proposed incidents occurred when they were supposed to be working. A trip a year in the downtime between doing the work on the Special Ground jury and the Grand Jury. Not exactly the extravagant lifestyle they were accused of leading...

She allowed an independent contractor to take her on a Disney cruise. That says it all. I don’t care if they were sleeping together. That’s corruption.

Wade is a bottom feeder attorney, Cosmic. It’s clear as day. I don’t buy that Willis couldn’t have secured a top notch one willing to try to make a name for themselves and put Trump away.

The minute she let him pay for anything for her benefit with money that came from Georgia taxpayers on account of a job that she gave him, she took a giant shit all over the most basic ethical rules.

It's not the military's job to understand populist movements in this nation. That's not in their job description - i.e. Constitution - at all.

Their job is to defend the nation from foreign entities. Not to keep the populace under control. (addition) or to support certain political movements.
So, you disagree with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

In 1794, Washington personally led 13,000 troops into Pennsylvania to put down the Whiskey Rebellion by American citizens that refused to pay the federal whiskey tax,

Lincoln, of course, mobilized hundreds of thousands of federal troops to end the South's rebellion.

Neither of them felt obligated to limit the use iof the American military only to fight foreign entities, as your post claims.

Last edited:

I bet Wade is at least as good a lawyer as Sydney Powell and Rudy Giuliani.

You were wrong. She admitted they have a relationship:

You were wrong. She admitted they have a relationship:

I said I didn't know, and in her filing today she said they started seeing each other after they secured the Trump indictment...

They are on the same side (prosecution) and in her filing today she pointed out that two of the defendants in the case Ray Smith and Ken Chesebro are represented by Amanda Clark Palmer and Scott Grubman respectively and that Palmer and Grubman are known to be in a relationship. Willis points out that someone unfamiliar with GA standards forAttny dismissal might (incorrectly) view that as a conflict of interest since the two clients might possibly provide testimony inculpating the other.

The counsels representing Jenna Ellis are a husband/wife team

I am no expert,but I feel like McAfee is very unlikely to remove either Willis or Wade and Willis's response seems to be very well reasoned and on point. Another seemingly detrimental factor to the claim that Wade is unqualified would seem to be that it was filed by Roman's attny Ashleigh Bartkus Merchant...

Now I don't know whether you've read Willis's entire filing or not. I also don't know if you're aware that the same Ashleigh Merchant who is now claiming Wade is "unqualified" actually campaigned for Wade when he ran for Cobb County Superior Court Judge in 2016?

She made numerous FB posts touting his experience at that time. So I'd say it's unlikely McAfee is going to put much stock in her filing that 8 yrs later he is suddenly "unqualified". At the very least, my guess it will be awkward for her to present her position...

Again I don't know if all of that is included in the Willis filing, or if MT just did their own sleuthing. I tried to find the actual posts on her facebook, but had no luck. So I'm not sure how MT secured these posts, but they did. I know you don't like my left wing sources, so you probably don't want to watch the entire video. But if you want to see the discussion of the "receipts" Willis provided, you can skip ahead to about the 3:20 mark...

• Haha
Reactions: jet812 and DANC
I said I didn't know, and in her filing today she said they started seeing each other after they secured the Trump indictment...

They are on the same side (prosecution) and in her filing today she pointed out that two of the defendants in the case Ray Smith and Ken Chesebro are represented by Amanda Clark Palmer and Scott Grubman respectively and that Palmer and Grubman are known to be in a relationship. Willis points out that someone unfamiliar with GA standards forAttny dismissal might (incorrectly) view that as a conflict of interest since the two clients might possibly provide testimony inculpating the other.

The counsels representing Jenna Ellis are a husband/wife team

I am no expert,but I feel like McAfee is very unlikely to remove either Willis or Wade and Willis's response seems to be very well reasoned and on point. Another seemingly detrimental factor to the claim that Wade is unqualified would seem to be that it was filed by Roman's attny Ashleigh Bartkus Merchant...

Now I don't know whether you've read Willis's entire filing or not. I also don't know if you're aware that the same Ashleigh Merchant who is now claiming Wade is "unqualified" actually campaigned for Wade when he ran for Cobb County Superior Court Judge in 2016?

She made numerous FB posts touting his experience at that time. So I'd say it's unlikely McAfee is going to put much stock in her filing that 8 yrs later he is suddenly "unqualified". At the very least, my guess it will be awkward for her to present her position...

Again I don't know if all of that is included in the Willis filing, or if MT just did their own sleuthing. I tried to find the actual posts on her facebook, but had no luck. So I'm not sure how MT secured these posts, but they did. I know you don't like my left wing sources, so you probably don't want to watch the entire video. But if you want to see the discussion of the "receipts" Willis provided, you can skip ahead to about the 3:20 mark...

I don’t care if the judge removes them from the prosecution. What’s that got to do with the price of tea in China? You said that someone having an affair wouldn’t take their lover on a cruise with their mother in the post above. You were wrong.

You wrote a long, multi- paragraph post, stitching together all kinds of innuendo to call into question the affair. You were wrong.

It’s also irrelevant that someone campaigned for someone else for judge. State court judges, by and large, aren’t the cream of the crop of trial lawyers.

Every Democrat isn’t worth defending. Every person attacked by Trump isn’t necessarily innocent. Stop watching that MTN crap—it’s hyper partisan hackery. Try reading or listening to some more objective, non-partisan news sources. Like @Mark Milton I recommend the Economist.

I suggest all these and respond to your posts because I think you’re worth saving. I think you want what is best for the country and are intelligent but you keep posting these long pieces peppered with partisan conclusions dressed up as fact and it undermines your credibility.

I don’t care if the judge removes them from the prosecution. What’s that got to do with the price of tea in China? You said that someone having an affair wouldn’t take their lover on a cruise with their mother in the post above. You were wrong.

You wrote a long, multi- paragraph post, stitching together all kinds of innuendo to call into question the affair. You were wrong.

It’s also irrelevant that someone campaigned for someone else for judge. State court judges, by and large, aren’t the cream of the crop of trial lawyers.

Every Democrat isn’t worth defending. Every person attacked by Trump isn’t necessarily innocent. Stop watching that MTN crap—it’s hyper partisan hackery. Try reading or listening to some more objective, non-partisan news sources. Like @Mark Milton I recommend the Economist.

I suggest all these and respond to your posts because I think you’re worth saving. I think you want what is best for the country and are intelligent but you keep posting these long pieces peppered with partisan conclusions dressed up as fact and it undermines your credibility.
Amen to the Economist. Sanity is good

State court judges, by and large, aren’t the cream of the crop of trial lawyers.
Based on my experience here, state court judges are whichever lawyers know the right people in the dominant political party in the county in question, but aren't good enough lawyers to make the kind of money that makes being a judge a step down.

Everyone remember the old Sporting News that came out once a week? Newspaper style OL publication and the best magazine ever.

Nobody has come near that yet
Of course. Stl landmark. Created by a director with the Stl Browns in the 1800s

Based on my experience here, state court judges are whichever lawyers know the right people in the dominant political party in the county in question, but aren't good enough lawyers to make the kind of money that makes being a judge a step down.
Correct

Everyone remember the old Sporting News that came out once a week? Newspaper style OL publication and the best magazine ever.

There used to be a market for reading about last week's sporting events. But now... not so much.

My dad subscribed to that, Sports Illustrated and Basketball Weekly. I couldn’t wait to get them every week. I continued the tradition and added whatever the IU one was called. At one point I probably had 6 weekly and a couple monthly subscriptions. I miss magazines.

I thought the sports section of USA Today throughout the 80’s was better. That caused me to give up my subscription to TSN.

I appreciate your comments. As I said in my second post I was just trying to clear up some of the misconceptions and wild allegations that were made in the press and in this thread at the time the story became public. I made my own critical initial comment, kept an eye on the case and then only came back when more facts emerged and some of the initial assumptions were proven false...

For example some initially made the claim that she hired her boyfriend, and they engaged in an extramarital affair on the taxpayers dime. This was fuled by Roman's demand to have the divorce papers unsealed and it was just more manuvering by a claculating political operative in Roman.

There was no basis legally to try and bring Willis into Wade's divorce proceedings, since he and his ex-wife had been seperated since before Willis was even elected. And Wade was the one to file original proceedings charging her with infidelity as far back as 2017.

He filed for divorce the day after he was hired and Willis said in her sworn statement that they didn't enter into a relationship until after the indictment vs Trump had been secured. So the fact that there was no mention of Willis in the unsealed divorce documents is no shock. His ex-wife reportedly hadn't even lived in GA since 2021, and Wade and his wife were seperated before that.

None of that was true, it was all an attempt by Roman to spread salacious rumours and undermine the judicial process, but it had nothing to do with the actual case. But Roman orchestrated the whole smear job because he knew that just by making the (unbased) charges the right wing press would run with it, and eventually the mainstream press would join in. Many believe that Roman (not his attorney) is the one pulling the strings,and even authoring the legal filings.

He's charged for his role of being the mule entrusted with transporting the fake elector ballots to Pence, but he has a long history as a political operative. He worked in the Koch brothers "intelligence unit" and was credited with disseminating the video of "new Black Panthers (whatever they are) "menacing" a polling place in Philly in 2008. He's been with Trump doing shadowy work since 20117, and this Politico arrticle from 2018 couldn't really find anyone at the WH that knew exactly what his job was...

So this is definitely not Roman's first rodeo and he's well versed in political chicanery. I don't really care about either Willis or Wade, my interest is in the case.But the fact that they got involved after the indictments were handed down means the relationship has no material bearing on the case itself.

It's just a distraction that could end up succeeding because people have short attention spans.I mean here is Roman claiming that there is a conflict of interest and lack of competency against the very Special Prosecutor who secured the indictment against him because AFTER the indictment was handed down that Prosecutor had a romantic fling with the Prosecutor's boss...And McAfee is a GOP Judge who is facing re-election, so anything's possible.

My point on Roman's attorney "supporting" Wade in 2016... I think she likely forgot those posts (the pic as well as the numerous posts she made extolling Wade's qualifications) existed. Is she going to claim to McAfee that Wade has somehow become less qualified since 2016, despite the fact that it was Wade who succeessfully secured both a Special Grand Jury as well as Grand Jury RICO indictments for the 18 or so defendants? And in what world does a criminal defendant complain that the person prosecuting him is incompetent, and thus presumably incapable of prosecuting the case successfully...

That's some of the reasons I see Roman, not his attorney as the driving force here. I could be wrong we'll see. But what I got from the pic and the FB posts was that at the time she was basically a student or intern, and Wade was already a highly qualified attorney running for judge. Again she was the one who listed his qualifications, and now 8 yrs later she wants to protray herself as a highly qualified defense attorney and Wade as chopped liver? This reeks of Roman...

Look I'm just trying to basically analyze the situation from a political, rather than legal perspective. I hope neither Willis or Wade are dismissed because that would likely delay the case. I honestly don't see that Willis/Wade getting together AFTER the indictments were handed down should have any actual impact on the case.

Reasonable people can disagree, and my intention was to offer a counter argument to the prevailing sentiment being expressed in the thread.I tried to interject facts I had seen emerge,that may prove contrary to some of the prevailing misconceptions. But I don't know what's going to happen. After all it's GA and apparently the GA GOP Legislatures see Wills/Wade as "progressives", whatever that means in this context.

Here is an interesting discussion between former Mueller team and FBI General Counsel Andrew Weissmann and Clark Cunningham professor of law and ethics at GA State, who see the situation in opposite terms. I would suspect you are closer to Cunningham's position, and while I generally agree with Weissmann I feel that Cunningham has many valid points as well. Esp with regards to being a long time observer and expert on the situation in GA...

I believe the evidentary hearing is set for within the next 10 days or so, and after that we may have more insight into how things will proceed. I'm a little unclear of Cunningham's strategy of severing Trump from the others and having the trial in the spring. I think it make sense strategically, but I'm confused over which trial he is suggesting go first. But since the GA trials will be televised I do think it's important for people to see some semblance of what happened in GA prior to voting in Nov...

When I did extemp speech in college, we filed TSN because it was considered a much better source to use in competition than SI.
I thought the sports section of USA Today throughout the 80’s was better. That caused me to give up my subscription to TSN.
Anybody remember that daily sports magazine/paper The National? I was in Vegas at the time, in the midst of my career of being Art Schilchter's "Vegas guy"...Art was in Detroit quarterbacking the Detroit team in the Arena League. We had an arrangement where he wired me money every day and I basically went from casino to casino to put bets down for him on games he wanted to play.

It was a little more involved and complicated than that, but the talk of a daily sports paper made me recall a specific incident. It seems one day Art's pic was on the front page of the National (which was set up like Sporting News) . So there was his pic and the headline ran something like "Schichter still gambling" and it was like a tabloid. I wasn't aware of it till he called me and cussed me out, sure that the story had come from me.

But I didn't know anything about it, and while I can't remember if I ever read it or not, I think the thrust may have been that he was once again in hock for thousands to actual bookies. Pretty sure the story didn't revolve around some shadowy figue in Vegas, but rather actual bookies who he was also dealing with at the same time.

I know he had conned teammates, buddies, their wives and just about everyone he knew out of thousands of dollars, because he kept sending me money every day to make his bets. He'd beep me and when I'd call back the number would be a variety of places- the lockerroom or front office at Joe Louis Arena, a bar,, someone's house, his house while his wife was away. He had to scrounge for cash to send me everyday, and he would wire it via western union from a variety of made up names.

The furor eventually died down and we were soon back to business as usual. I think we had our arrangement for a year half or two years and of course he ended up screwing me over. But that's my experience with The National sportspaper...

Bowl. That is a load of horseshit. And you’re slurping up the horseshit like it’s your favorite food.

If this is generational and economic you would have seen a steady drop off. Instead it has dropped off a cliff.

Because the men that do most of the fighting and dying in this country don’t want to be lectured to about “White rage”.

The thing Aloha won’t and can’t mention is that the vast majority of the front line soldiers, seamen, airmen and marines support Trump.

It’s the pampered and out of touch officer class that think they somehow know better that have qualms with him.

Reactions: DANC

Willis might have committed perjury. If so, she should be disbarred:

I think the Democrats and Republicans are having a DUMB contest to see who can be the dumbest.... so far the race is neck and neck. 🤣

I've said before that I think that the party that loses this election will ultimately be the better for it. The losers get to retreat and re-invent themselves as saviors for 2028. The winners get defined by what will surely end up as one of the most unpopular administrations of the last 100 years.

If there was ever an election a party should hope to lose, this one is it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT