ADVERTISEMENT

Democrats are stupid

I've said before that I think that the party that loses this election will ultimately be the better for it. The losers get to retreat and re-invent themselves as saviors for 2028. The winners get defined by what will surely end up as one of the most unpopular administrations of the last 100 years.

If there was ever an election a party should hope to lose, this one is it.

Same could have been said for 2016.... But nobody votes nor thinks long term.

Reactions: NPT and hookyIU1990
Same could have been said for 2016.... But nobody votes nor thinks long term.
That's certainly true on the Republican side. I'm not sure it's true for the Democrats. Hillary was a terrible candidate but I don't think she'd have been a terrible President. I think the Democrats would be far better off today with Hillary just finishing a second term, vs what they're facing now.

In 2024 neither party is going to benefit from winning and being further defined by what they're showing today. This should be a Flush the Turds opportunity for both sides.

I've said before that I think that the party that loses this election will ultimately be the better for it. The losers get to retreat and re-invent themselves as saviors for 2028. The winners get defined by what will surely end up as one of the most unpopular administrations of the last 100 years.

If there was ever an election a party should hope to lose, this one is it.
Would be nice if we could arrange for both to lose. 😅

I don't want to even think about putting the country through a second Trump regime. I don't know that the Dems could ever put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
rock paper scissors GIF by NETFLIX

So with this, the judge has admitted that there is some level of corruption. Doesn't that open the door for more arguments to dismiss in totality?
Only on appeal.

I think the judge should have either ordered option 1 or dismissed the indictment. The money flowing to Fanni’s benefit taints every prosecutorial decision. At the very least, Fanni should have been booted off the case and an entirely different prosecution team brought in.

I think Fanni should also face a disciplinary hearing.

So with this, the judge has admitted that there is some level of corruption. Doesn't that open the door for more arguments to dismiss in totality?
No, just that there was the appearance of impropriety. Nothing on the merits or fairness of the prosecution.

Only on appeal.

I think the judge should have either ordered option 1 or dismissed the indictment. The money flowing to Fanni’s benefit taints every prosecutorial decision. At the very least, Fanni should have been booted off the case and an entirely different prosecution team brought in.

What about lying about their relationship? Does lying under oath mean anything anymore?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The judge is running for election - he knows the Fulton County electorate.
And from the "you can't make this shit up" file......... Great system we have here. And we worry about Russia or Ukraine corruption??? SMFH

Only on appeal.

Absolutely. This is a rare event.

And if she perjured herself, she should be disbarred.

And from the "you can't make this shit up" file......... Great system we have here. And we worry about Russia or Ukraine corruption??? SMFH
This is some 3rd world shit.

So, Wade can't continue, but Fani can, even though they both lied? You can't find one guilty and not the other.

• Love
This is some 3rd world shit.

So, Wade can't continue, but Fani can, even though they both lied? You can't find one guilty and not the other.
Well, the judge didn't say either one of them lied. This is about an appearance of impropriety, nothing more.

That said, what really fascinates me is why you guys are going so hard after this. There is no universe in which these charges get dismissed. If you successfully get rid of Willis, the only result is that someone more competent replaces her.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

so why would trump get off just because of a scandal that had no effect on his case?

So say if I was a serial killer and the person prosecuting my case was going around humping all of their co-workers... think i should be free as a bird simply because of that person's bad choices?

Really??

or is this just a trump thing and any lame reasoning should be enough for his case to be dismissed?

Well, the judge didn't say either one of them lied. This is about an appearance of impropriety, nothing more.

That's all the judge cared about. And the supposed lies were nothing more than denials of unsubstantiated accusations.

That said, what really fascinates me is why you guys are going so hard after this. There is no universe in which these charges get dismissed. If you successfully get rid of Willis, the only result is that someone more competent replaces her.

The desperation is palpable. They are truly dreading seeing any of these cases actually going to trial.

• Haha
There is no universe in which these charges get dismissed.
First, she had a pecuniary benefit in bringing charges (giving her lover a lucrative job)

Second, there was evidence about connections between her and the White House. That was never pursued

Either one of these could be a basis for dismissing the indictment. Whether the state would get a do over is a different question.
If you successfully get rid of Willis, the only result is that someone more competent replaces her.

.in which case a competent non political prosecutor might dismiss the RICO charges and some others.

I think the Judge owed a duty to the public to bring in a new and independent prosecutor. His order will leave any conviction open to an unnecessary challenge.

He didn't say it, but everyone - including you - knows that's what he thinks. Otherwise, why the ruling?

People get arrested because it 'appears' they did something. The evidence is there to prove both lied about their relationship and if the DOJ didn't have a 2 tier system of justice, they'd bring charges against both of them for perjury.

That's all the judge cared about. And the supposed lies were nothing more than denials of unsubstantiated accusations.

The desperation is palpable. They are truly dreading seeing any of these cases actually going to trial.
Maybe we just don't like corruption. I know that's a foreign concept to you.

He didn't say it, but everyone - including you - knows that's what he thinks. Otherwise, why the ruling?

People get arrested because it 'appears' they did something. The evidence is there to prove both lied about their relationship and if the DOJ didn't have a 2 tier system of justice, they'd bring charges against both of them for perjury.
You can't go back and forth between what he actually ruled and what you imagine is going on inside of his head. Pick one and stick with it.

You can't go back and forth between what he actually ruled and what you imagine is going on inside of his head. Pick one and stick with it.
But the judge did question their truthfulness according to this article so it's not imagining what is going on in his head.

I understand how he ruled. He ruled on the appearance of impropriety.

He wasn't there to pronounce a legal judgement on Fani and Wade - he was there to rule on the Defense motion. But if there was the appearance of impropriety of one, there had to be on the other.

The legal matter of them lying, I realize, needs to be investigated. Because anyone with a functioning brain knows they were lying.

But the judge did question their truthfulness according to this article so it's not imagining what is going on in his head.

The Dems are now resorting to legalisms to justify Fani being kept on - that's all it is. They know she was lying - hell, Goat started this thread with that assumption.

Isn't that a good thing? I'd hope they'd have a very competent person doing it and let the chips fall where they may.
Or maybe a very competent person would never have brought the charges in the first place. That's what the Dems are really afraid of.

RICO, my ass.

I understand how he ruled. He ruled on the appearance of impropriety.

He wasn't there to pronounce a legal judgement on Fani and Wade - he was there to rule on the Defense motion. But if there was the appearance of impropriety of one, there had to be on the other.

The legal matter of them lying, I realize, needs to be investigated. Because anyone with a functioning brain knows they were lying.
Oh I agree with that. The bar should investigate them. I thought you were trying to argue that the judge already made the determination. That's what it sounded like you were saying.

Nah, I don't actually think he'll do time, either. I'm just stressing how silly I find the importance they've placed on going after Willis.
In a way I agree with you but in another way I think they should go after her if they have evidence that it was done for political reasons. I think any prosecutor(R or D) who uses their office for political reasons should be disbarred and punished.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT