ADVERTISEMENT

I really hate humanity sometimes.

Did you watch the game last night? I thought we played well. Much more of attacking threat than we have been IMO. A lot of balance. I confess, I do boo loudly whenever I see Reyna's parents on tv.....
Reyna’s parents 🤣🤣. Is there anything more American soccer than parents fighting with a coach over playing time 🤣. Pay to play from cradle to grave lol.

Definitely re attacking. We’ve never had so much talent with weah Pulisic McKennie Reyna etc. I swear tho something always seems slightly off. I really think we need a new coach. The World Cup is here and this is kind of our golden Gen who will be in their prime

Reyna’s parents 🤣🤣. Is there anything more American soccer than parents fighting with a coach over playing time 🤣. Pay to play from cradle to grave lol.

Definitely re attacking. We’ve never had so much talent with weah Pulisic McKennie Reyna etc. I swear tho something always seems slightly off. I really think we need a new coach. The World Cup is here and this is kind of our golden Gen who will be in their prime
No kidding. I've seen some terrible parents before when my kids were in the Academy system, and even now when they are in college playing, but Reyna's parents....literally tried to destroy a man's career...yikes.

I think the issue for me is that the forward position has been poor. Balogun and Wright aren't the answer, and there's a reason Arsenal dumped Balogun. There just isn't a threat with those guys. Wright has played well this year in Championship League, but we do not have anyone special at forward. Clint Dempsey would love to be able to play now with Pulisic, Weah, etc.

Not sure what a new coach would do. I was huge fan of Caleb Porter back in the day, but it looks like he's just a guy now. I really don't know who you would grab to coach the US team?

This story has ruined my day. Don’t scroll down if you don’t want yours ruined.

Mother sentenced to life in prison after leaving baby alone for 10 days in a pack and play while she went on vacation with a guy friend.

This story literally brought tears to my eyes. To imagine what that child went through.
There are some bad mama's out there. This story got me thinking of Casey Anthony who gave her daughter Calee nyquil *this is what I believe happened) to knock her out so she could go out and party. She gave her too much and the girl died. Casey then covered it up and actually buried her daughter. No funeral, no motherly regard. The bottom line is if you had even a decent mother call her up and thank her. Tell her you love her back.

Reactions: DANC
No kidding. I've seen some terrible parents before when my kids were in the Academy system, and even now when they are in college playing, but Reyna's parents....literally tried to destroy a man's career...yikes.

I think the issue for me is that the forward position has been poor. Balogun and Wright aren't the answer, and there's a reason Arsenal dumped Balogun. There just isn't a threat with those guys. Wright has played well this year in Championship League, but we do not have anyone special at forward. Clint Dempsey would love to be able to play now with Pulisic, Weah, etc.

Not sure what a new coach would do. I was huge fan of Caleb Porter back in the day, but it looks like he's just a guy now. I really don't know who you would grab to coach the US team?
Ha Dempsey would be in heaven. Good point on the coach. I have no idea. Maybe part of the problem is culture and history in the sense that unlike “great” countries we don’t really have a defining way that we play. And everyone has an opinion. I was watching last night and I was absolutely loving Reyna tracking back to take the ball off ream etc. I’d rather see him connect better balls than watch ream etc. I loved the coaching move. Would lead to better possession. Then Jesse marsch comes on at halftime and says this is a total waste of reyna’s talent. What is the coach doing l?! He should be around the box 🤣🤣

I think we all have differing opinions and you know academy. Coaches from England working with coaches from Omaha lol. Then go south and you have the Latino coaches. It’s just an odd melting pot that makes creating a reliable style difficult I think

Using the ignore button means you have a social media problem?

I don't see that. I use it for trolls because I'm tired of seeing their shit and don't want to wade through what I know will be nonsense.

If that means I have a 'social media problem', then I'm not sure what you mean by it. Social media is the least of my worries.
CO.H is still lucid enough to realize he's a troll, so he's on a crusade to blame the trollee.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
Ha Dempsey would be in heaven. Good point on the coach. I have no idea. Maybe part of the problem is culture and history in the sense that unlike “great” countries we don’t really have a defining way that we play. And everyone has an opinion. I was watching last night and I was absolutely loving Reyna tracking back to take the ball off ream etc. I’d rather see him connect better balls than watch ream etc. I loved the coaching move. Would lead to better possession. Then Jesse marsch comes on at halftime and says this is a total waste of reyna’s talent. What is the coach doing l?! He should be around the box 🤣🤣

I think we all have differing opinions and you know academy. Coaches from England working with coaches from Omaha lol. Then go south and you have the Latino coaches. It’s just an odd melting pot that makes creating a reliable style difficult I think
It was the best game I have ever seen Reyna play---for precisely what you just said. Him playing an 8 means he can play a 10 and a 6 and must defend. He was great. Then dopey Jesse Marsch said "well that's a waste of his talents"--except it wasn't--that was the best game he has played in years.

You are right about the infamous England guys coming over while the moms fawned over them. Come to find out, most of those guys are dumber than dirt. Academy system was and is a joke. Unless you are in the top 4 of that team, you can do better elsewhere. I'm glad to be done with youth sports. I enjoyed it for a bit, then it just became an exercise of "how many cash do i need to pay out this year"....

I think the issue for me is that the forward position has been poor. Balogun and Wright aren't the answer, and there's a reason Arsenal dumped Balogun. There just isn't a threat with those guys.
Mark beat me to it. But yeah, they need a balls deep striker or just play with a false 9 and embrace fluidity. I don't think Berhalter knows how to do either.

I really don't know who you would grab to coach the US team?
There is only one answer.

16989070081027.jpg

Other than he's 74. So we could get this guy:

images

Mark beat me to it. But yeah, they need a balls deep striker or just play with a false 9 and embrace fluidity. I don't think Berhalter knows how to do either.

16989070081027.jpg

images
Hard pass on Mourinho. We'd be parking the buss against Trinidad and Tobago

Reactions: larsIU
My daughter went to Florida with her best friend and her family for spring break.

I got a text yesterday that they scored Drake/Lil Wayne tickets.

I was the sad one yesterday.
Fun fact: Lil Wayne used to come to Kokomo to skateboard. They had (maybe still have) an old factory they converted to an indoor skateboard facility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Fun fact: Lil Wayne used to come to Kokomo to skateboard. The had (maybe still have) an old factory they converted to an indoor skateboard facility.

That's awesome.

My little town a few years ago put in a skate park where the old pool use to be.
Before, kids use to skate downtown, but now, we hardly see them anywhere but the park. Nice use of space if you ask me.

16989070081027.jpg

images
i LOVE mourinho and his personality. cannot stand how his teams play tho

Reactions: larsIU
That's awesome.

My little town a few years ago put in a skate park where the old pool use to be.
Before, kids use to skate downtown, but now, we hardly see them anywhere but the park. Nice use of space if you ask me.
Kokomo built an outdoor one and I thought the place would be a shithole in a couple years. Turned out to be a pretty safe place (it was in a park in the 'burbs), but I don't think it's nearly as popular now as 10 years ago.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
You are right about the infamous England guys coming over while the moms fawned over them. Come to find out, most of those guys are dumber than dirt.
and honestly not very good players. they crapped out of the youth academies over there so college was a lifeline. most/many had awful technical ability but were strong, a little older, and played one long ball after another. miserable. but they get to the youth academies and have an accent that sells moms on cutting checks

coaching is still the biggest obstacle we face in this country. but i hear you on the youth sports misery. my gen (yet another thing i missed out on) recognized that there's money to be made and cutting players is stupid. just make new classic teams and as long as a parent is willing to cut a check they'll find a team for him

and the travel. come on. i love when they go six hours a way only to play a local team :)

and honestly not very good players. they crapped out of the youth academies over there so college was a lifeline. most/many had awful technical ability but were strong, a little older, and played one long ball after another. miserable. but they get to the youth academies and have an accent that sells moms on cutting checks

coaching is still the biggest obstacle we face in this country. but i hear you on the youth sports misery. my gen (yet another thing i missed out on) recognized that there's money to be made and cutting players is stupid. just make new classic teams and as long as a parent is willing to cut a check they'll find a team for him

and the travel. come on. i love when they go six hours a way only to play a local team :)

100% Each of those England guys that coached my kids at the Academy level played like effing Stoke City. One guy in particular, went from job to job to job, and said "we aren't playing a 4-3-3 anymore, we are playing a 5-3-2 because that's the modern game." Then predictably instructed the players the wingbacks to sit back and defend and don't counter. Even my mom would say "boy, your new coach just likes to kick it doesn't he". "Yeah, mom, he does, but he's English, so its all good":mad:

An era that will likely never be repeated. The best TEAM i have ever seen in any sport.
my brother from another mother!!! i literally didn't miss a game for probably seven years. and that includes the spanish national team from euros to world cup to euros again. it was just pure perfection like i've never seen in any sport. ever. there were times when xavi and iniesta would have the ball maybe 25 or 30 yards away from the opposing team's goal and the defenders wouldn't even approach them. they'd just stand there. ten feet apart passing back and forth over and over and the defense knew not to dive in. they were so technically ridiculous they'd look like fools. ahhh it was just perfect.

and we used to joke that xavi and iniesta wouldn't make an acc roster :). there was still that lingering american size matters blah blah blah.

Goddamn it MarkMilton, we had such high hopes for you on here. And then you post this ****ing shit?

@Univee2 , time to go all Engeron on this post with the fines.

Goddamn it MarkMilton, we had such high hopes for you on here. And then you post this ****ing shit?

@Univee2 , time to go all Engeron on this post with the fines.
Come on now. Bulls sure. But also:

1987 Hoosiers? 74-76? 80 USA hockey?

85 Bears? GS Warriors? '09 lars undefeated Frisbee Golf squad?
It’s not just record and results. It’s style. Appearance. Beauty. That Barca was art. So much more than a team winning games. It was the near perfection of a sport

They call soccer the beautiful game and when that era of Barca played it was mesmerizing. Never seen anything like it in sport
I'm well versed: I've seen Victory a dozen times and watched Lasso all the way through twice.

ETA: And my kids used to love Kicking and Screaming. My daughter still cracks up at the Will Farrell scene when he kicks his kid's shins.

I'm well versed: I've seen Victory a dozen times and watched Lasso all the way through twice.

ETA: And my kids used to love Kicking and Screaming. My daughter still cracks up at the Will Farrell scene when he kicks his kid's shins.
Victory is one of the greatest movies ever made. To this day, Hatch is the greatest goaltender in movie history

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT