ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy is 3-6

So with those guys they won’t be better? I would put money on them being an NCAA team with those 3 five stars. I dont think you realize how good Romeo is
Yea, they should be good enough to make the NIT next year, if, they get Romeo.

Reactions: TommyCracker
He's good but he's not the superstar that people think. He'll have a James Blackmon type of impact.

Yes, NIT. Do you really think adding 3 five stars (and one who is still raw) to a roster so horrible that it will finish in the bottom end of the SEC this year will make them an NCAA contender. lol ...

You overvalue five star freshman, not all of them are Marvin Bagley. If they were adding them to a team with at least average talent, sure. But Vandy is basically a mid major as far as talent level goes this year. Plus they have a Drew as coach. Crean light.

Yes, NIT. Do you really think adding 3 five stars (and one who is still raw) to a roster so horrible that it will finish in the bottom end of the SEC this year will make them an NCAA contender. lol ...

You overvalue five star freshman, not all of them are Marvin Bagley. If they were adding them to a team with at least average talent, sure. But Vandy is basically a low mid major as far as talent level goes. Plus they have a Drew as coach. Crean light.
This

You overvalue five star freshman, not all of them are Marvin Bagley. If they were adding them to a team with at least average talent, sure. But Vandy is basically a mid major as far as talent level goes this year. Plus they have a Drew as coach. Crean light.
So will iu be an NCAA team without Romeo? I would say whoever loaned Romeo had the better chance of being a tourney team

So will iu be an NCAA team without Romeo? I would say whoever loaned Romeo had the better chance of being a tourney team
I think IU would be a better fit for Romeo than Vandy would. IU will have a lot more depth and overall talent than Vandy will. We will have Green or Al at point with Romeo at the 2 with a potential frontcourt of Smith, Morgan, and Davis. Moore, Thompson, and the newcomers who can all play coming off the bench. I sure hope that is an Ncaa team.

So with those guys they won’t be better? I would put money on them being an NCAA team with those 3 five stars. I dont think you realize how good Romeo is

He's a shooting guard...he can only do so much as an 18 year old. He's not Anthony Davis or Bagley who are coming in with crazy physical advantages as a freshman.

The reason Duke is crazy good this year is because Allen is playing out of his mind.

If Duke was Duval, Trent Jr and a great shooting guard...they would have multiple losses right now.

I don't know what's going on at the high school or AAU level but if Romeo was such a difference maker, elite player I would think that his teams would dominate more and not get bitch slapped by Kris Wilks team last year.

Damon took a program that historically could barely get out of the regional to the state finals four 3 out of 4 years...and he was overwhelmed a bit as an 18 year old freshman.

Romeo isn't Eric Gordon. He's between Gordon and Blackmon.

He's a hell of a scorer but he's still physically an 17 year old.

He's a shooting guard...he can only do so much as an 18 year old. He's not Anthony Davis or Bagley who are coming in with crazy physical advantages as a freshman.

The reason Duke is crazy good this year is because Allen is playing out of his mind.

If Duke was Duval, Trent Jr and a great shooting guard...they would have multiple loses right now.

I don't know what's going on at the high school or AAU level but if Romeo was such a difference maker, elite player I would think that his teams would dominate more and not get bitch slapped by Kris Wilks team last year.

Damon took a program that historically could barely get out of the regional to the state final four 3 out of 4 years...and he was overwhelmed a bit as an 18 year old freshman.

Uh he and Blackmon are not on the same planet. I guess this is an argument neither side will win until next season. Iu needs a scoring 2 guard badly and if we miss on him I think we will struggle again next season.

California had three five star players come in a couple years ago with little else and barely made the tourney, losing in the first round if I recall correctly.

Last year MSU had supposedly their greatest class ever, everyone was frothing about all these five stars Bridges, Langford, Winston and the underrated Ward and....they didn't do s$#t. Had one of their worst relative seasons.

The fact that they all came back is a different matter.

If Romeo goes to Vandy so be it. They won't do s#it either the one year they have him other than score a bunch of points that no one will see since they are never on national TV.
Are you suggesting he should go to Kansas so he can win? If he goes to Vandy they'll have a hell of a lot better roster than IU next year.

I responded to you last week saying Vanderbilt would be better than IU if they get Romeo. I was wrong. IU will be a better team even if Vanderbilt gets Romeo.
How in the world do you figure? Without crimson glasses

If Duke was Duval, Trent Jr and a great shooting guard...they would have multiple losses right now.

Damon took a program that historically could barely get out of the regional to the state finals four 3 out of 4 years...and he was overwhelmed a bit as an 18 year old freshman.

Kenpom stated once that less than a dozen (6-8 is what I remember) freshmen per year impact the win column and in a majority they are post players, and the few that aren't are pro level point guards. Wings, stretch fours, and small forwards that are impact players as freshman are very rare.

fwiw - I see Vandy fans talk about a final four run next year and have to laugh. Adding high quality freshman that are not game changers, and none of Vandy's are, is a good way to make a good team great, and average teams good. It will not vault a horrible team into contention.

But hey, Garland will probably be proud of that 2019 NIT regional final MVP.

Kenpom stated once that less than a dozen (6-8 is what I remember) freshmen per year impact the win column and in a majority they are post players, and the few that aren't are pro level point guards. Wings, stretch fours, and small forwards that are impact players as freshman are very rare.

fwiw - I see Vandy fans talk about a final four run next year and have to laugh. Adding high quality freshman that are not game changers, and none of Vandy's are, is a good way to make a good team great, and average teams good. It will not vault a horrible team into contention.

But hey, Garland will probably be proud of that 2019 NIT regional final MVP.
Oh come on...Romeo isn’t a game changer?? Please..he would be our best player and leading scorer next year.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Uh he and Blackmon are not on the same planet. I guess this is an argument neither side will win until next season. Iu needs a scoring 2 guard badly and if we miss on him I think we will struggle again next season.

But unfortunately that won’t stop you from making it over & over again. It’s funny to watch posters make unwinnable arguments against IU or unfavorable to its fans on an IU board & expect to convince everyone that they know better. Even better when it’s an IU fan, allegedly at least. Vandy is grateful to have you & fpeeuu arguing with us on their behalf or under the guise of noble objectivity I’m sure...

But unfortunately that won’t stop you from making it over & over again. It’s funny to watch posters make unwinnable arguments against IU or unfavorable to its fans on an IU board & expect to convince everyone that they know better. Even better when it’s an IU fan, allegedly at least. Vandy is grateful to have you & fpeeuu arguing with us on their behalf or under the guise of noble objectivity I’m sure...
Point is if we get Romeo..we will have our fans saying we are a top 15 team. Yet if we don’t get him, “oh he isn’t a difference maker”.

Reactions: IUgradman
Oh come on...Romeo isn’t a game changer?? Please..he would be our best player and leading scorer next year.

Remember how much impact Gordon had? That team was decent without him & didn’t exactly turn great. The best player on a mediocre team doesn’t make it a great team.

Yes he is a good player but he will be a one and done freshman, he still needs to put on weight he is too fragile to carry a team with mid major talent and a few talented freshman into title contention. Vandy is 3 and 6 now and loses 2 senior starters. They won't even be the second best team in their own conference. If they had an Anthony Davis coming in sure but I see them as a 20 win ish bubble team.

Remember how much impact Gordon had? That team was decent without him & didn’t exactly turn great. The best player on a mediocre team doesn’t make it a great team.
Well we were 17-1 before he hurt his wrist and started having a shooting slump...

Reactions: IUgradman
Point is if we get Romeo..we will have our fans saying we are a top 15 team. Yet if we don’t get him, “oh he isn’t a difference maker”.

What kind of response would you like to see? If I say you’re right will that help you or do you need additional validation?

Yes he is a good player but he will be a one and done freshman, he still needs to put on weight he is too fragile to carry a team with mid major talent and a few talented freshman into title contention. Vandy is 3 and 6 now and loses 2 senior starters. They won't even be the second best team in their own conference. If they had an Anthony Davis coming in sure but I see them as a 20 win ish bubble team.
I agree with this but I don’t thibk without him iu is an NCAA team next year

What kind of response would you like to see? If I say you’re right will that help you or do you need additional validation?
Then what are we arguing about???? All I did is respond to the guy saying Vandy is 3-6

Then what are we arguing about???? All I did is respond to the guy saying Vandy is 3-6

Sorry, I thought you just wanted to argue with someone since you sprung to the defense of Vandy on our IU board.

Sorry, I thought you just wanted to argue with someone since you sprung to the defense of Vandy on our IU board.
Ink was arguing against the fact that people think they will suck despite have 3 five star recruits

I thought you were based on your spirited defense of Vandy, Sorry. Vandy fans are lucky to have you helping them out & you can take great satisfaction in knowing you were so much smarter About Vandy basketball than your fellow IU fans if they get Romeo & are great because of it.

I thought you were based on your spirited defense of Vandy, Sorry. Vandy fans are lucky to have you helping them out & you can take great satisfaction in knowing you were so much smarter than your fellow IU fans if they get Romeo & are great because of it.
What’s your deal?

How in the world do you figure? Without crimson glasses

Watch Vanderbilt play. They are terrible and their 3 best player are seniors. They are going to have very little to go with the 3 freshmen.

As others have pointed out most freshmen, even 5 stars, don't impact the game that much. For every Anthony Davis there are 6 Marcus Lees. I would much rather have Morgan and Davis next year over Shittu. Bagley (Shittu is no where near as talented) didn't have a prayer guarding Davis.

IU will have a really good frontcourt next year. Davis, Morgan, Smith, Hunter, and Anderson are a good group. I think you would be hard pressed to find 10 better frontcourts. Also, Drew isn't that good of a coach. I don't think IU will be elite, just better than a 20ish win Vanderbilt team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT