ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy is 3-6

I would be delighted if RL comes to Bloomington. However, I'm not going to lose a lot of sleep over what he does. One and dones aren't my cup of tea. Remember how Eric Gordon injured his wrist his freshman year? He certainly wasn't 100% and RL could step onto any campus and never play a single game by blowing out a knee.... God forbid this happen, I doubt he would take a medical redshirt.....

McHoop

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Even look at KU and that is the weakest roster I remember seeing at KU. They have no depth this year and mainly play 7 guys two in which use to be walk ons. They lose two f their best players on this years team. IF Romeo goes there it is not a roster that oil probably compete for a championship.

I wish this kid the best of luck no matter what he decides to do. I will also personally root for him as well. He's the best high school player I have seen in my area in my lifetime. If he doesnt want to be a Hoosier thats fine, we dont want a guy that is not 100% committed. A lot of your guys act like a creepy girlfriend with this guy. Just let him be, let him make his decision. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. I'm hoping in a few years that its going to be a no brainer for recruits like this to choose IU.

It won't matter .Where he play's.
If it was Slippery Rock.
He's going to be a top ten lottery pick.
Pipen played at Central Arkansas.
Folks were like who ? Where ?
Top 5O NBA All time.
I can see Vandy. Easily.
Big three pack deal.
Hope I'm wrong.
He should be a Hoosier !
Going to check him out again this Saturday at Southport.

California had three five star players come in a couple years ago with little else and barely made the tourney, losing in the first round if I recall correctly.

Last year MSU had supposedly their greatest class ever, everyone was frothing about all these five stars Bridges, Langford, Winston and the underrated Ward and....they didn't do s$#t. Had one of their worst relative seasons.

The fact that they all came back is a different matter.

If Romeo goes to Vandy so be it. They won't do s#it either the one year they have him other than score a bunch of points that no one will see since they are never on national TV.

Last edited:
I responded to you last week saying Vanderbilt would be better than IU if they get Romeo. I was wrong. IU will be a better than Vanderbilt, next year, even if they get Romeo.
If we don’t get Romeo I don’t see that. Our guard play is awful and add we don’t have much shooting. Losing Hartman, and rojo

Will they be 3-6 with garland shittu and Romeo?

You need more than three players to win a basketball game, especially if they are all freshmen.

The fact that Vandy sucks this year should put to rest the notion that Drew is some great coach who can develop players for the NBA. His on-court results do not justify the types of recruits he is getting.

That a top ten player like Shittu had basically one suitor in Vanderbilt stinks to high heaven.

Last edited:
You need more than three players to win a basketball game, especially if they are all freshmen.

The fact that Vandy sucks this year should put to rest the notion that Drew is some great coach who can develop players for the NBA. His on-court results do not justify the types of recruits he is getting.

That a top ten player like Shittu had basically one suitor in Vanderbilt stinks to high heaven.
We suck also and we don’t have a 5 star pg to play baird Romeo. So what then?

We would have more overall talent around Romeo, plus a better coach, facilities, more high profile games, much more exposure, etc.
The facilities, profile games and exposure doesn’t have anything to do with who would be better. In my opinion if we don’t land Romeo, we will struggle next year because of poor guard play.

Reactions: fpeaugh
If we don’t get Romeo I don’t see that. Our guard play is awful and add we don’t have much shooting. Losing Hartman, and rojo

My comment has more to do with Vanderbilt not being great, than IU being a great team next year. I think both would be somewhere in the low 20s when it comes to wins.

I agree our guard play and shooting is bad. I just don't see either getting any worse. We are currently shooting 33% from 3s. Anderson can shoot the ball and I think Phinisee will be an upgrade over Newkirk (At least I hope so) .

IU will miss Johnson on offense, but he is a liability on the defense end of the court. He is forced to guard the other teams 3 and he isn't big enough. I felt bad for him in the Seton Hall game. Overall, I think a combination of Hunter and Anderson will be an upgrade at the position. Davis and Morgan are loads down low and will only be better.

Hopefully, we get Romeo and this hypothetical doesn't play out. I think IU would be a top 15 team with him.

Reactions: IUgradman
The facilities, profile games and exposure doesn’t have anything to do with who would be better. In my opinion if we don’t land Romeo, we will struggle next year because of poor guard play.

I agree with you. If IU misses on Romeo, they need a grad transfer or two at that position.

My comment has more to do with Vanderbilt not being great, than IU being a great team next year. I think both would be somewhere in the low 20s when it comes to wins.

I agree our guard play and shooting is bad. I just don't see either getting any worse. We are currently shooting 33% from 3s. Anderson can shoot the ball and I think Phinisee will be an upgrade over Newkirk (At least I hope so) .

IU will miss Johnson on offense, but he is a liability on the defense end of the court. He is forced to guard the other teams 3 and he isn't big enough. I felt bad for him in the Seton Hall game. Overall, I think a combination of Hunter and Anderson will be an upgrade at the position. Davis and Morgan are loads down low and will only be better.

Hopefully, we get Romeo and this hypothetical doesn't play out. I think IU would be a top 15 team with him.
The issue next year is we will only have 3 guys for playing the 1-2. Green, Durham and phinnissee. That will be the weakness of the team next year. Anderson could slide there but he is more of a true 3.

The issue next year is we will only have 3 guys for playing the 1-2. Green, Durham and phinnissee. That will be the weakness of the team next year. Anderson could slide there but he is more of a true 3.
Sounds to me Miller will look at Hunter and Anderson playing the two.

I wish this kid the best of luck no matter what he decides to do. I will also personally root for him as well. He's the best high school player I have seen in my area in my lifetime. If he doesnt want to be a Hoosier thats fine, we dont want a guy that is not 100% committed. A lot of your guys act like a creepy girlfriend with this guy. Just let him be, let him make his decision. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. I'm hoping in a few years that its going to be a no brainer for recruits like this to choose IU.
Yeah,I find it a bit odd that people make signs and stalk 18 tr old kids on Twitter.
Obviously he’s very good and from all I’ve read he seems like a grounded kid.
If he goes elsewhere it’s on to the next kid,we will be fine either way in my opinion.

I forgot about UNC. Hell they were so bad, like only win six games that those three top ten players got Matt D fired.

We're not going to be super great even with Romeo either as half or roster now will be first year players...but I'm not debating that.

I'm debating this OMG these freshman will set college basketball on fire attitudes, especially at Vandy. Like because of these three Vandy is going to be an elite 8, top ten team all of a sudden.

If they stay three years then they will...but not their first year, and they aren't staying three years.

Actually it's more likely that they'll leave a crater as one year rentals on the program unless Drew keeps recruiting at this crazy level.

I think something is up. One thing here is not like the other.

I forgot about UNC. Hell they were so bad, like only win six games that those three top ten players got Matt D fired.

We're not going to be super great even with Romeo either as half or roster now will be first year players...but I'm not debating that.

I'm debating this OMG these freshman will set college basketball on fire attitudes, especially at Vandy. Like because of these three Vandy is going to be an elite 8, top ten team all of a sudden.

If they stay three years then they will...but not their first year, and they aren't staying three years.

Actually it's more likely that they'll leave a crater as one year rentals on the program unless Drew keeps recruiting at this crazy level.

I think something is up. One thing here is not like the other.
I would say uk and duke have done well with freshman

Reactions: fpeaugh
I would say uk and duke have done well with freshman
Big difference between 8 or 9 five stars and 2 or 3. Not to mention none of us are even sure if Drew can coach at this level, and 3 and 6 isnt a good start. Kentucky and Florida aren't going anywhere and Alabama is improving as well. At best I would have them 3rd in the SEC even with Romeo. Phinisee, Anderson, and Hunter are going to be really good for IU and I'm extremely excited for the future whether he picks IU or not.

Big difference between 8 or 9 five stars and 2 or 3. Not to mention none of us are even sure if Drew can coach at this level, and 3 and 6 isnt a good start. Kentucky and Florida aren't going anywhere and Alabama is improving as well. At best I would have them 3rd in the SEC even with Romeo. Phinisee, Anderson, and Hunter are going to be really good for IU and I'm extremely excited for the future whether he picks IU or not.
You are missing the point here...we were discussing who is better next year

Not considering PU. Why do you care? I’ll bet I know why, will you admit it?
Admit what? I simply said that Vandy has 2 5 star players going there next season. That's a damn good reason to go to Vandy!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT