ADVERTISEMENT

IU Nebraska predictions

Having extended minutes with both X and Gabe on the floor "should" help defend the perimeter a little better than we did in the first two games.

In the first game, X played most of his 14 minutes in the first half. And despite him playing HORRIBLE basketball that first half, we were still in the game until Nebraska went on a little run at the end of the half. And then in the 2nd half, with X largely on the bench, Tonka Truck went off.

Nebraska is a solid basketball team. And it certainly wouldn't shock me if their perimeter guys had a good game again tonight. But I have a feeling it'll be more difficult for them with X and Gabe in, and even Leal, than it was their first two games. And that could/should keep the game in check. Can/will our "big 3" play well? That'll end up deciding what I think will be a close game.

70-62...IU Wins.

Having extended minutes with both X and Gabe on the floor "should" help defend the perimeter a little better than we did in the first two games.

In the first game, X played most of his 14 minutes in the first half. And despite him playing HORRIBLE basketball that first half, we were still in the game until Nebraska went on a little run at the end of the half. And then in the 2nd half, with X largely on the bench, Tonka Truck went off.

Nebraska is a solid basketball team. And it certainly wouldn't shock me if their perimeter guys had a good game again tonight. But I have a feeling it'll be more difficult for them with X and Gabe in, and even Leal, than it was their first two games. And that could/should keep the game in check. Can/will our "big 3" play well? That'll end up deciding what I think will be a close game.

70-62...IU Wins.
yeah, not only do we absolutely need Good X tonight...but good Reneau and good MM wouldn't hurt either. Last night was not either's best game. PSU put a concentrated effort into covering MM on the 3 point line and he ended up throwing a few shots where his feet/shoulders weren't square, and missed badly. Reneau needs to stop with the silly fouls and stay on the court. Neb bigs aren't deep but their starters are pretty solid.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
yeah, not only do we absolutely need Good X tonight...but good Reneau and good MM wouldn't hurt either. Last night was not either's best game. PSU put a concentrated effort into covering MM on the 3 point line and he ended up throwing a few shots where his feet/shoulders weren't square, and missed badly. Reneau needs to stop with the silly fouls and stay on the court. Neb bigs aren't deep but their starters are pretty solid.
Guard the perimeter well. Take care of the ball. Utilize Ware, Reneau, and Mack...and we'll win.

I don't think these 3 things have been effectively drilled in to the team that it should be any sort of expectation that we'll do them. But we don't need a perfect performance to beat Nebraska, just solid and smart play all around.

Not as sure as past few games but would take IU to cover. Hard to beat a team three times. Nebraska (like PSU) won’t shoot as well in an unfamiliar NBA arena.

IU 68
Neb 67
Hopefully X can guard that Japanese kid. He’s shot insane from 3 and in general both games.

Yeah, we need the Malik that can dominate the post. Not the guy making bad fouls. And not the guy forcing offense into double teams. It’s ok to pass the ball back out. He had 5 turnovers.
And please, Malik, stop whining about every foul.

wow, 11-0 (us) fast break points, that will wear well when the PAC10 teams get in, some Hurrying Hoosiers. it's never been lumbering big man ball really ever here ... it's the Pacers vs the Hawks 1983 in Atlanta boring basketball and Herb Williams was way more athletic/better than Ware in the paint. its boring play and bad bball

It will be over by halftime as IU will not recover from the barage of 3ptrs from Nebraska.

NEB: 91
IU: 64

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT