ADVERTISEMENT

IU- Bucky predictions

Chicago-bound Hoosier

All-American
Mar 14, 2003
Get off my lawn
Let's get this over with.

Most books have it Bucky -4.5 and 142.5 O/U.

Call me crazy...but I'm going with IU 74 Wisky 70.
At some point in time, we have to beat these bastards.
And hoping the recent negative press has a few players showing up with huge chips on their shoulders.
We win tonight, we have our Q1 win, and all's right again...for a few days. NIT here we come !!

But again, I don't bet...and will probably be shown why tonight.

We never win there so I don't know why this team would.

Wisconsin is overrated. They are most years. But the reason why they're overrated, is also why they've dominated Indiana for so long. They're efficient. They're solid. They're physical. Metrics systems love them. But they're always vulnerable against teams with shot makers and a lot of talent. There's more and more of that, on a wider scale, in college basketball. So I think they're overrated. Indiana isn't any of those things that Wisconsin is, and they've not had a roster filled with shot makers for a long, long time.

Probably a decent game. They'll figure out how to beat us though.

Reactions: Vern Pain

And hoping the recent negative press has a few players showing up with huge chips on their shoulders.
We win tonight, we have our Q1 win, and all's right again...for a few days. NIT here we come !!

74-68 wisconsin

Wisconsin isn’t great. If Woodson can get our guys up to play tonight, I like our chances. I’ll certainly take the points at home.

IU 72
Wis 66

I have a feeling Woodson gets over the hump tonight by 3 points and then we have to here about how things are moving in the right direction.

IU 77 - Wis 71

Sadly, half our fan base wants us to lose. I'm not in that half, although I will say it's hard to turn one's head away from a train wreck, so I do understand that way of thinking.
I do not think anyone really wants to lose they just know it is needed to get rid of woodson.

I do not think anyone really wants to lose they just know it is needed to get rid of woodson.
If someone wants IU to lose in order to get a new coach, that person wants IU to lose, regardless of reason. Once IU gets a new coach, that same person will want IU to win. Wanting IU to lose doesn’t have to be forever.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
If someone wants IU to lose in order to get a new coach, that person wants IU to lose, regardless of reason. Once IU gets a new coach, that same person will want IU to win. Wanting IU to lose doesn’t have to be forever.
That is total bs. Without actually knowing these people how can you get inside their heads? Just curious.

Here's my prediction...

I tell myself I won't watch the game. I check the score about 5-10 minutes into the game. We're either up five or down 15. I walk away, check the score again and we're down 5-15 at halftime.

I check the score again 5 minutes into the second half and we're down 15-20. Five minutes later we're down 10 and within 5-6 points a few minutes later so I sit down to watch.

We lose by 10-15 and I come back to this board to read new/more posts about how we suck and CMW sucks even more.

That is total bs. Without actually knowing these people how can you get inside their heads? Just curious.
Relax. I’m just speculating like everyone else. If I’m wrong it’s no big deal with no harm done. It just seems to me some of our fans are so convinced he’s not the coach for us going forward that they wouldn’t mind seeing us lose out from here on in, just to give credence to it actually happening. If IU wins these next four games and a couple in the BTT, that will increase the odds of him being our coach going forward. That would be fine with me, but probably not (not being actually inside their heads to know with 100% certainty) for some other people.

The disconnect between coach and players is obvious. I think it gets wider down the stretch. Wisky need only shoot their average in points and rebounds....they win. Their discipline is kryptonite for IU's style of play under this coach.

Reactions: 76-1
IU with a come from behind win, 75-71. No rhyme. No reason. Just hope and prayers for Devine intervention. Hell, even a dog finds a warm piece of the sidewalk....occasionally. And we're overdue.

Reactions: BigMobe

You're crazy 😉😎

• Haha
Reactions: h20pls
WI has some shooters. We have one shooter and he will probably get in foul trouble guarding Storr. They will make some 3 pointers. We won’t. We will miss free throws and turn the ball over. They won’t.
Sadly, WI 76 IU 69

With my rose colored glasses firmly attached to my face...I'm hoping we keep the Bucky and crew close...but:

IU 64
Wisky 71

*sigh*

Honestly, I don’t really give a flip. That sucks to say, sucks to feel, and sucks to admit. I absolutely hate that - for the first time in my 60-year diehard fandom - I kinda hope they lose. Whatever it takes to get this freaking program over that mysterious hump. Preferably without these idiots we’ve got sitting over there where coaches are supposed to sit.

One thing I do feel passionately about, I’d love to see someone crack that punk ass Klesmit with a real forearm (or elbow) to the head. Little bastard deserves it.

Last edited:
I’ll say an ugly game.

Score in the 50s. Flip a coin on the winner. We are due for a dead cat bounce, but as bad as they’ve been lately, they are a much better team.

58-50 UW

Off Topic here.... but watched the replay of the 1987 IU vs Wisky game @ Wisky on the B1G channel today.

I forgot how tall Dean Garrett was..... and during that game, how many times we lobbed the ball over the top to him for buckets and dunks.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT