ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy is 3-6

He's a shooting guard...he can only do so much as an 18 year old. He's not Anthony Davis or Bagley who are coming in with crazy physical advantages as a freshman.

The reason Duke is crazy good this year is because Allen is playing out of his mind.

If Duke was Duval, Trent Jr and a great shooting guard...they would have multiple losses right now.

I don't know what's going on at the high school or AAU level but if Romeo was such a difference maker, elite player I would think that his teams would dominate more and not get bitch slapped by Kris Wilks team last year.

Damon took a program that historically could barely get out of the regional to the state finals four 3 out of 4 years...and he was overwhelmed a bit as an 18 year old freshman.

Romeo isn't Eric Gordon. He's between Gordon and Blackmon.

He's a hell of a scorer but he's still physically an 17 year old.

To be devil's advocate, Bailey came into college at a time where a large amount of teams did not rely on Freshmen being stars. The one-and-done has diluted the talent level in college (and NBA). Romeo's impact will be great to the team then Bailey's because of the drop in mature talent level.

Yeah it's one thing if it was just Garland, a hometown kid. But Shittu and now potentially Romeo. If nothing else it definitely stinks. Really similar to the ole miss football situation a couple of years ago.
Here's the tough challenge for Tommy C. & you, SlH26: Identify One, JUST ONE national college basketball reporter or writer who has even SNIFFED at the possibility that Vandy's recruiting has been so much as 1,000th of an inch over the line of propriety.

ONE.

Here's the tough challenge for Tommy C. & you, SlH26: Identify One, JUST ONE national college basketball reporter or writer who has even SNIFFED at the possibility that Vandy's recruiting has been so much as 1,000th of an inch over the line of propriety.

ONE.

Those people are opening themselves up to ALL kinds of problems if they engage in reckless speculation, we are not. Are you really that stupid? Never mind, we know the answer.

Was I suggesting that members of the press "engage in reckless speculation" about Vandy's recruiting improprieties ?? Hell, no......we've got YOUR sorry ass to do THAT......You're Exhibit A.

Was I suggesting that members of the press "engage in reckless speculation" about Vandy's recruiting improprieties ?? Hell, no......we've got YOUR sorry ass to do THAT......You're Exhibit A.

What members of the media are speculating about what schools?

I think Forde in a yahoo opinion piece tried something awhile back with 100k being given to Anthony Davis......but didn’t he get sued?

But in general, the press isn’t a indicator of a schools “dirtiness”

Nope, I haven’t done so, but I don’t care if the people here do, it’s a message board. Exhibit A of your intellect is your inability to make the connection. What a dolt, lol.

What members of the media are speculating about what schools?

I think Forde in a yahoo opinion piece tried something awhile back with 100k being given to Anthony Davis......but didn’t he get sued?

But in general, the press isn’t a indicator of a schools “dirtiness”
Nope, I haven’t done so, but I don’t care if the people here do, it’s a message board. Exhibit A of your intellect is your inability to make the connection. What a dolt, lol.
Ah-hah! That was not you, indeed. (a couple of others, here) The overall connectivity on this subject is ANYBODY'S claim that there MUST be something that "stinks" about Langford's recruitment if Romeo would even CONSIDER going to a school like Vanderbilt instead of God's gift to college basketball......Bloomington, Indiana.

ONE.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

You know it's too good to be true though.

You don't go from nothing to landing five stars overnight without some kind of dishonest edge.

Empty accusations are lazy and ignorant.

It will be quite the coop if he pulls it off.

A coach with no history of elite success, with no history of recruiting prowess at a place with no history of success or recruiting prowess bringing in three five stars. Not one...three.

Most people with any sense would say that's a little too good to be true.

Maybe it's legit. It's highly unlikely that it will be exposed if it's not so keep the faith.

It gives me confidence that Tom Allen is definitely going to get three five star players from all across the country, with zero connection to each other, next year.

We were a bastion of recruiting honesty for 35 years and then Kelvin Sampson destroyed that in a season and a half.

If by "we" you mean IU, recall the AD and Co. sort of administered a self-inflicted chest wound. The consequences shouldn't have been anywhere near as lethal given the circumstances. It was in no way wrong to self-report, but the voluntary punishments were excessive and are likely unique in terms of severity. The NCAA didn't nuke IU so much as IU 'fired on it's own position' with far more force than was required or could have been otherwise expected.

It will be quite the coop if he pulls it off.

Is that like a chicken "coop"? Sort of cements the common perception that your 'blistering' insight re: corruption at Vandy is more akin to 'blithering'. Rave on.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

You know it's too good to be true though.

You don't go from nothing to landing five stars overnight without some kind of dishonest edge.

Garland wanted to stay close to home.

Shittu had narrowed his list to 3: Arizona, Vanderbilt and UNC. He dropped Arizona off the list when their assistant was arrested, UNC filled his position so Vandy was left. I find it hard to believe he totally turned his back on Arizona after the FBI came in if he was looking for a payout.

Langford? Who knows right now. I would give a big edge to Kansas but he does know and like the other 2 coming to Vandy. Plus Vandy will have a good balance of positions to compliment his abilities.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see where the "deep pockets" would be from an academic school with little basketball success. Vandy turned their back on Ron Mercer years ago when he wanted to stay in Nashville but he didn't have the grades to get in. Now a school that wouldn't lower it's self-regulated admission policy is suddenly paying big money to kids? I just don't see it

Reactions: fpeaugh
Ah-hah! That was not you, indeed. (a couple of others, here) The overall connectivity on this subject is ANYBODY'S claim that there MUST be something that "stinks" about Langford's recruitment if Romeo would even CONSIDER going to a school like Vanderbilt instead of God's gift to college basketball......Bloomington, Indiana.
Dumb

Garland wanted to stay close to home.

Shittu had narrowed his list to 3: Arizona, Vanderbilt and UNC. He dropped Arizona off the list when their assistant was arrested, UNC filled his position so Vandy was left. I find it hard to believe he totally turned his back on Arizona after the FBI came in if he was looking for a payout.

Langford? Who knows right now. I would give a big edge to Kansas but he does know and like the other 2 coming to Vandy. it

I agree that Kansas looks more and more like the favorite everyday.

With the Lawson brothers coming in in the front court and Grimes coming in as PG, you plug Langford in on the wing and you have a pre-season #1.

Also, Jackson and Wiggins would seem to indicate that Self doesn't mind making his wings the focal point of his offense provided they have the talent.

Then again, old school Bill Self always played through his big men, so who knows......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT