ADVERTISEMENT

Unsafe at no speed

44qapn.png

It will make purchase and storage more accountable. It will make resale more accountable.
I think you are really saying it will make purchase, storage, and sale more burdensome. This has been the Democrat approach to gun violence for decades. A better approach is to hold those who use guns to commit crimes more accountable. But Dems won’t go there because blacks commit gun crimes in numbers far in excess of their share of the population, so then we run into the issues of alleged systemic racism in the criminal justice system and allegedly too many blacks in prison. All of this came to a head during the Obama administration, we backed off, now we have more guns and more dead and maimed black kids in every big city.

Excellent post.

A few observations.

First, the previous technologies you mention were driven by markets, entrepreneurs, risk takers and capitalists. The mad rush to green technology is driven by rent-seekers, politics, and those who like power influence and control. I don’t think we would see so much digging in and politics in EV’s and green tech if green tech would not be driven by emotion and mandates— brainwashing. .

Second, we can’t legislate technology. It must evolve with research, science, engineering and public use/ acceptance. . Retail subsidies work against that by distorting all the above. Thus we get millions of people believing EV’s are zero emissions when in fact that they must be driven 50-80 thousand miles to even reach the break even point with ICE vehicles. I’m all for new tech. The government role should be to fund things like basic fusion research, or super-conducting research. Not to subsidize retail purchases of vehicles. Retail subsidies are mostly meant to buy votes.

Finally, the emotional focus on climate change not only distorts economics, it distorts our minds. When we have a wild fire, we think of changing the climate, nor changing the fuel supply. We think of wind and solar electricity when those things can never satisfy base-load requirements. We don't think of nukes. We don’t think of hydrogen. We fiddle with irrelevancies like gas stoves, weed-whackers, and cow farts.

The effects of national brainwashing are ubiquitous.
I assume then that you would be against the massive government subsidies given to the fossil fuel industry.

We need to get guns off the street. That doesn't start by allowing anyone, specifically, to carry guns beyond their property. We have too many people who view this issue binary. There is no law that would immediately eliminate guns on the street, so they scoff at any regulation that would slowly curb it.

I would view buying and selling guns similar to buying and selling cars. I realize there is no way to legislate against those intent to commit crimes, and law abiding citizens often, directly or passively, bear the burden of any laws, but adding layers of accountability to gun ownership will slowly curb gun violence. It will make purchase and storage more accountable. It will make resale more accountable.
You live in a dream land. "Accountability" spoken oh so eloquently. Sounds so wonderful to the itching ears.

How many more levels of "accountability" do you want to add to law abiding gun owners? Do you have one clue how many hoops gun owners go through already to keep their guns safe?

I care about my home and my family. Get it??? So, I take precautions well before my guns would ever hit the street. The streets are public domain, or did you already forget your "Blue" comments above??

How many times does this need to be said? CRIMINALS DON'T GIVE A FK ABOUT YOUR 'ACCOUNTABILITY'. Your 'accountability' steps will only apply to us LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ABIDE BY THE LAW.

G E T I T????

"Resale more accountable" How??? Step up to the plate, stop with the generalities and progressive talking points and put some real solutions out here for us to review. I've got some, but you won't hear them. Let's start here: evil is in the heart (breakdown of the family), drugs and thugs are pouring over the southern border, cops and departments have been maligned and gutted, Sanctuary Governors, Mayors and DA's have canceled crime. I could go on.

One thing's for sure, you'll never devise a plan that will cause the majority of this nation to lose their innate sense of responsibility with respect to caring for themselves and their loved ones. It'll just never happen. The elderly, grand parents, single moms, farmers, inner-city business owners, all have a middle finger for you and your accountability.

I think you are really saying it will make purchase, storage, and sale more burdensome. This has been the Democrat approach to gun violence for decades. A better approach is to hold those who use guns to commit crimes more accountable. But Dems won’t go there because blacks commit gun crimes in numbers far in excess of their share of the population, so then we run into the issues of alleged systemic racism in the criminal justice system and allegedly too many blacks in prison. All of this came to a head during the Obama administration, we backed off, now we have more guns and more dead and maimed black kids in every big city.
And, what city is Obama from??

Yes, when the police tell legislators that permit less carry is a horrible idea, I'd listen.

But hey...blue lives matter, right?

You probably know more about the Indianapolis landscape than the police do.
You obviously haven't followed this issue closely over the last several decades. When the "police" speak on major issues who do you think that mouthpiece is? It is always the Chief of Police. Who's his boss?

Police Department heads almost always side with the Gun Control lobby. But, I know a lot of cops that love law abiding citizens who are armed. Common sense isn't it?

Reactions: DANC
My daughter caught my ex wife on tinder. She was telling me about it last night walking through whole foods. I was in tears laughing. People thought something was wrong with me. I don’t have time to share now but will later. You will love it

So, back to this one...

Reactions: larsIU
Indy is down 322 officers. There were consequences to the summer of love. We see it where progressives had influence. Fringe labels? I don’t know what that means.
Family member is police officer in a small(explosive growth) community north of I-465.

Large number of applicants are from IMPD, Bloomington PD, and IU-B Police Departments.....

They want to get away from the progressive crazies in their administrations, prosecutors and that ilk.

that's not how it works. you are so far out of your depth trying to engage me on this topic that it's laughable. that you write with arrogance despite being uniformed and lacking knowledge is grating in a way that i've rarely seen and understand why brad left. you need to be placed on ignore. And don’t vote anymore. Shut up and dribble.
Pricks can be easily ignored, regardless of the mod status.

Just scroll on by.....

You live in a dream land. "Accountability" spoken oh so eloquently. Sounds so wonderful to the itching ears.

How many more levels of "accountability" do you want to add to law abiding gun owners? Do you have one clue how many hoops gun owners go through already to keep their guns safe?

I care about my home and my family. Get it??? So, I take precautions well before my guns would ever hit the street. The streets are public domain, or did you already forget your "Blue" comments above??

How many times does this need to be said? CRIMINALS DON'T GIVE A FK ABOUT YOUR 'ACCOUNTABILITY'. Your 'accountability' steps will only apply to us LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO ABIDE BY THE LAW.

G E T I T????

"Resale more accountable" How??? Step up to the plate, stop with the generalities and progressive talking points and put some real solutions out here for us to review. I've got some, but you won't hear them. Let's start here: evil is in the heart (breakdown of the family), drugs and thugs are pouring over the southern border, cops and departments have been maligned and gutted, Sanctuary Governors, Mayors and DA's have canceled crime. I could go on.
Pretty simple. Make it the same process as buying a car.

You're one of those guys who thinks, this won't solve all the problems, so let's do nothing. You know who else doesn't give a FK about accountability, those who amass guns legally and shoot up malls, schools, churches and Jason Alden concerts.

Nothing I said has anything to do with you owning a gun, caring about your family and home. Get it?

Blaming the southern border. LOL

Keep kicking the can down the road.

One thing's for sure, you'll never devise a plan that will cause the majority of this nation to lose their innate sense of responsibility with respect to caring for themselves and their loved ones. It'll just never happen. The elderly, grand parents, single moms, farmers, inner-city business owners, all have a middle finger for you and your accountability.
As a former inner-city business owner, I'm not flipping me off. As the owner of a shot gun, well, my father bought it for me when I was a kid, I'm not flipping me off.

Your way of thinking isn't working. Do Nothing.

that's not how it works. you are so far out of your depth trying to engage me on this topic that it's laughable. that you write with arrogance despite being uniformed and lacking knowledge is grating in a way that i've rarely seen and understand why brad left. you need to be placed on ignore. And don’t vote anymore. Shut up and dribble.
Triggered, angry man.

We deal with it one problem at a time. Maybe the issue is sentencing, going lighter on whites than blacks for similar crimes. I view street crimes as mostly targeted, so both sides many times are guilty of something. That doesn't justify violence, but It's hard to account for two people heading in each other's direction.

The Breanna Taylor stuff was pure garbage. She was in the wrong place at the wrong time, AND she knew she was with someone who chased trouble around. Doesn't make it less tragic, but for cops to get blamed for that was shameful.

Making undocumented purchases of guns illegal shouldn't bother anyone. It might help cops get guns off the streets, if the exchange of weapons without documentation can be pursued even on an individual level. Each state has their own rules, but here in Open Carry Land, it makes it impossible for the police to do their job.

Having additional costs associated with gun ownership would keep people from amassing an arsenal, which has often provided the weaponry for mass shootings. Having technology in guns which are difficult to bypass or disable would also help. Law abiding citizens shouldn't mind these features, but they're the ones yelling the loudest.

Every crime committed with a gun should be traced back to its last documented owner, and that person should bare some responsibility, even if that is simply testifying who they illegally sold/gave their gun to.

I would dive deeper into tougher laws for who can't purchase guns and enforce those laws. Any hint of a violent crime conviction or pleading should eliminate the ability to legally purchase a gun, even misdemeanors, including domestic and any drug or alcohol abuse treatment. If they already own a gun, there should be a program to allow that person to reobatain his/her gun, and if any of the violent acts were committed with a gun, no more gun ownership and confiscation of already owned guns.

It takes changing patterns on both the gun side and the enforcement side, but in Indiana, our lovely state government has made the job of the police much more difficult -- as people from other states get triggered.

Good to talk to someone about it who isn't triggered.

Is Honolulu on Maui? Then, honolulu. If not, i know no other cities in Hawaii other than Lahaina (for all the wrong reasons)
No, Honolulu is on Oahu. Maui has Lahaina (which burned) and Kaanapali.

The Big Island of Hawaii has Hilo and Kona. The others islands, I don't know.

Reactions: larsIU
You can’t really even tell they are lululemon pants. I can’t get slim fit bc of my package. I even have to size up my commission pants. The only time I wear slim is on like a fun day date with a new girl
I'm starting to get a read on the problem here...

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I'm all for it. I do one every year.

Of course, not on the reseller market in many states. You forgot that part.

Mo...do better.
I think you are getting drugs from some of the cartel brothers coming across the border.

Bought a gun lately? Or better yet, bought a car. I’d think you’d know better, but hell, drugs can do unspeakable things to the mind. Obviously! lol

Reactions: DANC
I think you are getting drugs from some of the cartel brothers coming across the border.

Bought a gun lately? Or better yet, bought a car. I’d think you’d know better, but hell, drugs can do unspeakable things to the mind. Obviously! lol
Do you understand that in many states guns can just be swapped?
Their purchases aren't tracked like cars. They should be.

Instead of a background check to buy a car, you do a credit check, unless you're paying cash. Even as I hunt for a good MGB that is relatively close to where I live, I have to make sure there is a clear title, as I intend on driving it legally.

Have you bought a car lately?

Every gun should be licensed and insured.

At this point, you're just being dense.

When I bought my last car I remember the paperwork taking an hour.

Not super-snappy, like getting an AR-15 to protect my white privilege.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT