ADVERTISEMENT

Unhappy players.

wawasee

All-Big Ten
Oct 16, 2001
Apparently two players have been offered their release from the team..Stayed tuned!

As long as its DG and DD, I'm OK with it. Both are cancers.

I would think those 2 would be the last 2 to ask for releases. Normally seniors just dont quit. It would be players that wanted to go to another school. Again, that is what I would assume. Not trying to make an ass out of you and me tho.

100% true not gonna give up my source. No players have asked for their release. Two have been offered their release..
WTF does that mean. What do you mean offered their release. You either cut them or you don't.

100% true not gonna give up my source. No players have asked for their release. Two have been offered their release..

Interesting, so Archie asked them if they wanted out? Not the other way around?

I dont think you are making this up for clarification, I just want to know if your source is part of the team/ athletic department. You have been here for a long time and just dont make up BS.

Interesting, so Archie asked them if they wanted out? Not the other way around?

I dont think you are making this up for clarification, I just want to know if your source is part of the team/ athletic department. You have been here for a long time and just dont make up BS.
Yea right you're just looking for good inside betting info!!

I could see Davis choosing to walk away. I thought he checked out after he became the last option off the bench in the front court.

Green has more to play for, but his body language on the court and the bench tells a different story. I watched my DVR of the game and his energy was low. I don't want Green to quit, but if he is causing trouble it is better for him to leave. If so, we will have a better picture of who caused the issue between Romeo and Devonte. Romeo's closeness with Rob is a clue, but I haven't blamed either.

Reactions: cshartle123
Apparently two players have been offered their release from the team..Stayed tuned!
You don't have to name anyone, but where did your source get this information? Friend of a player, manager, or student rumor?

I could see Davis choosing to walk away. I thought he checked out after he became the last option off the bench in the front court.

Green has more to play for, but his body language on the court and the bench tells a different story. I watched my DVR of the game and his energy was low. I don't want Green to quit, but if he is causing trouble it is better for him to leave. If so, we will have a better picture of who caused the issue between Romeo and Devonte. Romeo's closeness with Rob is a clue, but I haven't blamed either.
I do if Green were to quit I would change my NCAA predictions. He is a virus.

This makes no sense. If the coaches don't want them, they can just kick them off the team. If a player is unhappy, do you really think they'd be happier if the coaching staff basically tells them they're not wanted? Then keep them around to sow discord? This seems like the worst thing that could be done with an unhappy player that hasn't asked for a release.

I'm going to call BS.

Reactions: ;DAWG and bawlmer
I would think those 2 would be the last 2 to ask for releases. Normally seniors just dont quit. It would be players that wanted to go to another school. Again, that is what I would assume. Not trying to make an ass out of you and me tho.
Right, seniors can just quit the team without receiving a release. A release is to allow them to transfer to another school to play.

Reactions: justjames
Allowing Green to start and expose his selfish play to the team and fans was the only option Archie had for a player that was voted team captain by his peers and is one of the most experienced players. Everyone could see his true character on display when we got down to Northwestern. Although it was an ugly game, the team psychologically demoted Devonte Green from his leadership role, and won the game without him. I think there could be a different looking team on Saturday.

Reactions: ufo33
This makes no sense. If the coaches don't want them, they can just kick them off the team. If a player is unhappy, do you really think they'd be happier if the coaching staff basically tells them they're not wanted? Then keep them around to sow discord? This seems like the worst thing that could be done with an unhappy player that hasn't asked for a release.

I'm going to call BS.
Knight used to kick players out of practice a lot. He would send a manager in to bring the player back after a period of time. I believe it was Alford that left the locker room causing managers to search the campus for him.

I would question players jf they were moping at practice because they were on the bench when we came back to win. Fragile players would shut down instead of fighting back.

I have mentioned it before, but why not give Bybee a few minutes? I'm sure he would be excited and play his ass off. The crowd would certainly get behind him. You don't want him defending an All B1G player, but for a short time a kid like him can do as well as a slumping scholarship player. We need a fan favorite besides TJD. He would give you a good shooter on the floor that the other team may not guard.

Allowing Green to start and expose his selfish play to the team and fans was the only option Archie had for a player that was voted team captain by his peers and is one of the most experienced players. Everyone could see his true character on display when we got down to Northwestern. Although it was an ugly game, the team psychologically demoted Devonte Green from his leadership role, and won the game without him. I think there could be a different looking team on Saturday.
If there is any truth to two players being offered their release one of them has to be Green. He could contribute if he didn't have a me first attitude but that appears to be his problem. I played a year of football in college and this happens. The coach will go to a scholarship player and tell him that he's not working out or getting with the program or whatever and he's not going to play again so the player can have his release and try to transfer to another program. Sometimes this slap of reality ends up with the player promising to change his ways and stays with the program and eventually contributes but sometimes the player stays and never plays again. If it is Green he'd only have half a year of eligibility so his career would probably be over. I don't know if any team would take him for half a year. Same with Davis if he's the other player and he would be my guess.

Knight used to kick players out of practice a lot. He would send a manager in to bring the player back after a period of time. I believe it was Alford that left the locker room causing managers to search the campus for him.

I would question players jf they were moping at practice because they were on the bench when we came back to win. Fragile players would shut down instead of fighting back.

I have mentioned it before, but why not give Bybee a few minutes? I'm sure he would be excited and play his ass off. The crowd would certainly get behind him. You don't want him defending an All B1G player, but for a short time a kid like him can do as well as a slumping scholarship player. We need a fan favorite besides TJD. He would give you a good shooter on the floor that the other team may not guard.

I completely agree with this. Could Bybee be any worse than some of the guys we have taking outside shots right now? We already have scholarship starters who cannot hit the broad side of a barn. What is the worst that can happen with putting the kid in? We’ve got guys on the court getting serious minutes with some of the most boneheaded play imaginable.

Reactions: Sassy61

I'm going to call BS.
Total BS just sit them on the freaking bench and make them run the Assembly Hall stairs and clean the toilets during practice, then they will just quit.

I am not buying this. I don't know what "release" represents here. The scholarship guys are good for as long as they want to be here. Does release mean they are invited to walk away from playing but keep there schollies? Why would seniors want released? Why make this offer now unless it's to underclassmen that can enter the transfer portal? This doesn't make sense.

Sit Green.
If he leaves, he leaves.

During the Northwestern game, one of the commentators called out IU's guard play several times after one of our guards made an egregious error. He was very clear that he thought our guard play was poor. He said something to the effect that IU couldn't be successful without good guard play.
Sometimes coaches stay with a bad situation desperately hoping it will somehow mystically change. It doesn't, and the team continues to limp along. Green is not suddenly going to become a team player. I don't think RP will get his mojo back this year. he's just not the same. Durham, he's a warrior and doesn't quit but, he's just not a good ball handler. Franklin, well, he's a freshman and needs time....none are constant three point shooters. I don't know how good Bybee really is, but how much worse can the situation at guard be?

Reactions: Sassy61
During the Northwestern game, one of the commentators called out IU's guard play several times after one of our guards made an egregious error. He was very clear that he thought our guard play was poor. He said something to the effect that IU couldn't be successful without good guard play.
Sometimes coaches stay with a bad situation desperately hoping it will somehow mystically change. It doesn't, and the team continues to limp along. Green is not suddenly going to become a team player. I don't think RP will get his mojo back this year. he's just not the same. Durham, he's a warrior and doesn't quit but, he's just not a good ball handler. Franklin, well, he's a freshman and needs time....none are constant three point shooters. I don't know how good Bybee really is, but how much worse can the situation at guard be?
Apparently Archie thought our guard situation would be ok since he didn't use 2 free scholarships.

Reactions: mk23 and ge-off
strange timing...things like this usually happen during the heart of the holiday break, not the Friday before school starts back up. Will believe it when I see it. And seniors walking away at this point makes no sense unless they are done with their careers. I can see that in Davis who can barely make it up and down the court, but not Devonte.

If there is any truth to two players being offered their release one of them has to be Green. He could contribute if he didn't have a me first attitude but that appears to be his problem. I played a year of football in college and this happens. The coach will go to a scholarship player and tell him that he's not working out or getting with the program or whatever and he's not going to play again so the player can have his release and try to transfer to another program. Sometimes this slap of reality ends up with the player promising to change his ways and stays with the program and eventually contributes but sometimes the player stays and never plays again. If it is Green he'd only have half a year of eligibility so his career would probably be over. I don't know if any team would take him for half a year. Same with Davis if he's the other player and he would be my guess.

I agree with what others have said: 1) it seems unlikely and is only being reported, so far as I know, by 1 person on a message board. Wawasee seems like a good non-drama queen poster, but still, it's unlikely only 1 person here or in the media would know this. 2) If it were true, it makes no sense to be a senior. If that's the case, deductive reasoning to me would have to suggest 1 would be Damezi. Based on their play and body language, I'd think the other would have to be Smith. Strictly sticking my finger in the air to read the direction of the wind, but those would be my guesses.

Reactions: mk23
Green and DeRon checked out on the bench in the last game, not standing with the rest of their teammates during the IU comeback and win.
Not recruited by Archie.
One injured.
One selfish.

EN2mPf4X0AMz0r0

picture worth a thousand words. I didn't think Green looked engaged when he was in the game during the first half. Something just looked wrong with him out there, even more so than other 'bad Devonte' games. That FSU game seems like yrs ago now.
Green checked out.

Makes sense if before "offered their release" they were told you won't be seeing the floor much the rest of the season coupled with CAM's post-game remarks regarding shortening the rotation.

Reactions: ufo33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT