ADVERTISEMENT

Unhappy players.

EN2mPf4X0AMz0r0
Am I really to believe that the 5 guys to the right of Fred Sanford are not good enough to get some minutes, I mean how could you be worse than Damezi.

I remember hearing a podcast where a former player under RMK was having a rough patch. He said coach came to him and asked him if maybe he wasnt cut out for IU basketball and he was welcome to transfer out if he didn't want to do things his way.

This sounds like (hope) what has possibly occurred. On the podcast, the ultimatum worked and the player stayed and turned his career around. We'll see what happens this time.

I remember hearing a podcast where a former player under RMK was having a rough patch. He said coach came to him and asked him if maybe he wasnt cut out for IU basketball and he was welcome to transfer out if he didn't want to do things his way.

This sounds like (hope) what has possibly occurred. On the podcast, the ultimatum worked and the player stayed and turned his career around. We'll see what happens this time.
Knight told Mark Robinson to go play Intramurals cause he would not be playing for IU anymore.

I saw this in a facebook group and people there didn't want to believe it was true so they were saying it was "fake" and "photoshopped" because of the noise/pixelation in the lower right corner.

That's the "senior leadership" right there for all to see. Davis especially looks completely disengaged like he doesn't care either way what happens. Green is at least clapping but still looks disinterested. At least they're not joking and laughing while losing, I guess?

I saw this in a facebook group and people there didn't want to believe it was true so they were saying it was "fake" and "photoshopped" because of the noise/pixelation in the lower right corner.

That's the "senior leadership" right there for all to see. Davis especially looks completely disengaged like he doesn't care either way what happens. Green is at least clapping but still looks disinterested. At least they're not joking and laughing while losing, I guess?
That's what happens when you smoke too much mary jane, you stop caring. Why do you think they want to legalize it.

I agree with what others have said: 1) it seems unlikely and is only being reported, so far as I know, by 1 person on a message board. Wawasee seems like a good non-drama queen poster, but still, it's unlikely only 1 person here or in the media would know this. 2) If it were true, it makes no sense to be a senior. If that's the case, deductive reasoning to me would have to suggest 1 would be Damezi. Based on their play and body language, I'd think the other would have to be Smith. Strictly sticking my finger in the air to read the direction of the wind, but those would be my guesses.
I don't think it's Smith. We don't know this rumor is true but if it is my money is on Green and Davis but we're only guessing.

Makes sense. One of those "I got 9 guys who want to play this game right and if don't want to then stop f-ing it up for them with your bullshit and hit the road." Like they did with Gelon, except his issue was talent, not attitude."

I don't think it's Smith. We don't know this rumor is true but if it is my money is on Green and Davis but we're only guessing.
think what you want about Smith. He is very frustrating. But he still puts up 13/6 every game and we aren't replacing that with anyone else on the bench. We'll see how (or if) this plays out shortly.

think what you want about Smith. He is very frustrating. But he still puts up 13/6 every game and we aren't replacing that with anyone else on the bench. We'll see how (or if) this plays out shortly.
I haven't given up on Smith. He has some positive skills. He turned it on at the end of the last game and if we can get that kind of effort from him every game he will help IU win games.

I haven't given up on Smith. He has some positive skills. He turned it on at the end of the last game and if we can get that kind of effort from him every game he will help IU win games.

Justin Smith is without a doubt the second best player on the IU team. He consistently gets IU 10 and 5, plus straight A's. I really hope JS returns next year, as he is a true competitor. JS has gotten better each year, and that will continue.

Justin Smith is without a doubt the second best player on the IU team. He consistently gets IU 10 and 5, plus straight A's. I really hope JS returns next year, as he is a true competitor. JS has gotten better each year, and that will continue.
Thanks for confirming my opinions of Archies' recruiting

He will be real good in two years.

Reactions: mk23

I actually think we "need" Smith because we don't have anyone with nearly as much promise at his position, but he also "put up" 5 TOs, and is such a Jekyll and Hyde. Did his play help bring us back? Yes. Did his play also put us in the hole that we needed to be brought back from? Without question.

Douche, we get it. CAM told you to get lost when you hit on him at a party in college, and your underoos are still in a bunch.
Or is this one of those "hot takes" that you think is a valuable offering to this forum?
Either way, everyone on here pretty much knows you are a loser, a p***y, and an idiot. And those are your good qualities.
Love you too.

Actually, I underestimated Smith. In the 4 B1G games this year, Smith has 51 points and 23 rebounds, for an average of 12.8 and 5.8. Some knuckleheads enjoy criticizing JS, and obviously don't even know why. IU needs him on the court, as much as possible. Cut him some slack, knuckleheads.

Hmmm...."better each year"? I'm pretty sure his stats last year were worse, per time played, then as a freshman. And by quite a bit. As far as being a "true competitor", I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Do you really think he brings it every game?

Hmmm...."better each year"? I'm pretty sure his stats last year were worse, per time played, then as a freshman. And by quite a bit. As far as being a "true competitor", I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Do you really think he brings it every game?

He has improved each year and plays hard. Who would you give his minutes to?

Actually, I underestimated Smith. In the 4 B1G games this year, Smith has 51 points and 23 rebounds, for an average of 12.8 and 5.8. Some knuckleheads enjoy criticizing JS, and obviously don't even know why. IU needs him on the court, as much as possible. Cut him some slack, knuckleheads.

You can know we need him and recognize his potential and still be accurate in your description of his play.

I suppose you can cherry pick Smith's stats and say he's borderline awesome, but anyone with any basketball intelligence can see he's almost the double-edged sword that Green is. Can he randomly score and rebound? Yes. Can he also randomly take crazy shots, turn the ball over, and lose his man on D? Yep. As far as improvement, I actually thought he as a very solid player as a freshman. One of my favorite guys to watch. Last year and this, not so much. He just wastes his talent with lackadaisical play. On the other hand, there honestly is not a better option on the bench. I guess that's what happens when you carry 11 and one is lame. Bottom line, we are pretty much stuck with Smith playing a very important role on this team. I'll continue to cheer like hell when he makes a play and cringe when he screws something up.

Reactions: Zeester

JS averaged 6.5/3.7 as a frosh, 8.2/4.5 as a soph, 12.2 /5.4 as a jr.. You just don't like him, as all stats disprove your agenda.

Reactions: JIMSHAM
We have one really good win against a top tier team (FSU is 10th now in AP and Coaches) and Green put up 30. If he leaves or Archie parks him we have to have another guard step up or it's going to be the same as last year.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
As long as we keep these guys I mention, then I’m happy.

TJD
Franklin
Brunk
Thompson
Durham
Bybee

The rest of these guys could leave and I probably won’t lose a minute of sleep over it.

PER and efficiency stats say otherwise..

Good freshman year, horrible soph, good Jr so far. He has also improved his defense this year, especially help side.

Yes, it's interesting....just looking at the raw #s.........

His total minutes so far this year this year are almost equal to his total minutes his entire freshman year.

Looking at his #s, he;s down 2-3% each on 2 pt%, 3 pt%, and FT%. He's scored at the same rate (basically) He's down a little in rebounds. His assets and TOs are pretty close. The biggest differences are in steals (he's up 14) and fouls (less than 1/2 than as a freshman). His DE #s reflect those last two stats. I think the eye test confirms the stats.

But to say he improved last year from his freshman year.....no way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT